SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

lad doesnt even know my name!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chugger
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I took one of the surplus letters and contacted my mentor regarding its suitability for a beginner. It was agreed that the lad didnt seem the brightest and, as he only wanted email communication, he was an ideal lad for a beginner to bait.

I sent him the normal "i am interested" email, and got back a reply where i was addressed as "dear friend" (obviously a standard reply he gives to every one then).

I replied, mentioning what percentage of his millions i wanted to keep and telling him a bit about myself. The lad has replied to this message but, instead of addressing me by my baiting "nickname" Ja5on, he has sent me an email addressed to Mr P3ter 5 Ander5on. He got my first name, middle name, and last name wrong!

I think this might be a good time to give my first slap to a lad! Honestly though, if scamming people is your living, youd think you'd at least try to reply with the right name in order to reel them in!
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

chugger don't slap over the name issue. We (baiters) actually want lads to mess up what they do, especially if it could scare off a real victim. Evil or Very Mad

When they mess up, that is a good thing, Baiting is NOT about making lads better at what they do. We want to waste their time and resources and keep them away from victims.

Pointing put such an error is educating the lad. Please don't. Lads may need an editor or proof reader, but we don't do that for them. Smile If you have a real victim's information, PM it to a mod.

Slap your mentor instead. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
chugger
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah, okay, that makes sense, i'll avoid slapping him. i have just sent a PM to my mentor asking whether or not i should slap the lad for the mistake- im sure he'll also advise me not to

i had been hoping that by slapping him for the name thing i could convince him that i believe his story but feel he wants to give his millions to more people than just me and is waiting to see who asks for the smallest percentage. This would have convinced the lad that i believe his story but i suppose it would educate him at the same time- fortunately the lad seems so stupid that i should be able to keep him hooked even without convincing him that i fully believe him! I'll find something else to slap him about later!

Re. the details of the other person- i am still searching to find which sticky it is that mentions how to display the headers on a message that has arrived into a gmail account but so far all i have is the guys name. in the body of the message his email address isnt displayed. It is a long shot but i reckon the only slight hope i have of finding his address would be if the lad accidentally CC'd the email to me aswell as this other guy in which case the header migt show me the guys email address. This is unlikely but you never know, the lad is pretty stupid!

Edit: no luck, the email has only been sent to me, its just the "Dear x" part at the start of the message that is wrong so i dont think there is any way of finding the guy who this bastard is trying to scam
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I take it that you found the down arrow next to the reply button. then "Show Original". Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My good friend Paranoid has some lovely advice on that issue. But take note that many, many more opportunities to slap your mugu will arise. There are some really good times to slap, you just have to be careful with how hard, how often, and when. In my humble opinion, it's OK to slap your mugu when...

- HE DOES SOMETHING IMPRESSIVE: Like giving you a copy of his passport and it looks very real, or shows you a certificate / invoice that's really well done. (Conversely, he should be praised for sending you stuff that looks like it was done by a retarded baboon.)

- HE GETS AGGRESSIVE: Even when straight-baiting, there's no rule that says you have to lie down and take it from your lad. If he starts getting all "do as I say or forget it ok", that's a green light to knock a few fillings loose. You'll be allowed to use the "it was self-defense" excuse.

- HE GETS TOO PRESUMPTUOUS: If he starts trying to tell you how the laws and procedures work in your country, that's worth a smack or two. After all, he's got to learn who's really in charge here!
h.buttox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, More Mentor Time!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic