SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why do you bait?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Late night comedians spend millions of dollars on joke writers and
are not as funny as what the lads write for free.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At first I liked the soap opera like entertainment value of a daily continued bait running for weeks and then for months but i spent my first half year here with reading only and it was half a year full of pleasure and ideas. Then along came the lad who was made for me, who liked forms, then came the love chatting (which by now has ceased almost completely). Then came the "cross-baiting", i.e. one bait fertilizing the other, leading to nice mugu weddings (wooha, I was in heaven during these weeks). Then a few trophies came in like a pile of happiness. Working together with others was also most educative. Somehow then came along the organizing work for others rather than doing things myself, first mentee, than another one, etc etc.Then there is Dan´s radio show. He is such a good lad caller. Then the Eater U idea. Today i write more about baiting and write more PMs and chat more than I do actual fun baiting, must be a phase or something, or some kind of development. I know this has been discussed repeatedly elsewhere here.
I have always been doing more reading than doing myself.
The main thing that changed, from simply taking lads not seriously, I have come to hate them.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
If baiting causes these horrible, ethical issues within you, go off and learn macramé.

But then the steely-eyed geeky warriors would have to duel with the evil, wool robbing kittens.
And that is just stupid.

Oh, in which case the safe bet is putting your money on the kittens...

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, so why do I bait? How did I get into this?

I had first heard of the 419 scam in 2001, thru a company newsletter that said that the scam took the form of the "over invoiced oil contract" scenario, and that getting involved with these guys was very dangerous. One of my co-workers had gotten such an email at work, while I for some reason missed out. I thought nothing of it until a year or so later when my turn came.

Well, I was mad at the bastards for sending that to me. I found myself wanting to "fix their wagon" somehow, but there was that warning about people being murdered so I held my fire. More letters started rolling in, and I found myself researching this scam.

I learned then that there were "scambaiters". I lurked in the forums for a long time, reading what the others were doing. I'm one of those who likes to research things before taking the plunge. After about six months or so I decided to start baiting. This was in August of 2003, so my five year anniversary as a baiter is coming up.

I did this off and on for some time. I finally got more serious about in 2005, and I was pretty much a lone wolf when it came to baiting. I eventually started reading the forums here, and realized that I still had some things to learn.

Now, why do I still do this?

That's a good question.

I think the primary answer to this is that I have this maliciious streak in me. I get something bordering on perverse pleasure when I pull a joke on someone who especially deserves it. That's been my nature for years. I get a big kick out of a good shenanigan/practical joke. With those that I know in real life, I never pull a harmful joke, but with lads, that constraint doesn't exist.

I enjoy the comedy that I get out of this. I get a kick when I get threatened with legal action on a check bait where it becomes apparent that the lads are going to miss out on payday. I simply love stringing them along. The psychological warfare aspect of this is quite fascinating.

I realize also that by capturing their attention, that I am consuming their resources.......resources that aren't going to a real victim. And, the other part is that I enjoy a good challenge, and it can be challenging to keep a bait going for several months. When a bait starts to drag on, I start counting how many days it's been, in order to smash an existing record.

It's a joy to get amusing voicemails on my K7 numbers. I get a kick out of the fake checks I've collected, the fake IDs, the fake passports, and the not-often-enough trophy photo.

There is no comedy club out there that can possibly rise to the level of the one that's here.

As long as there are lads, I'll keep doing this.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I began after getting fed up with the effrontery of the standard 419 Nigerian scam letter. I started by sending their scams to each other and then engaging their ridiculous responses with insults. One day I searched the phrase "scam the scammer" and found Shiver's epic bait "Church of the Painted Breast". I laughed until it hurt and still couldn't stop. I still laugh when I think of Prince Joe Eboh.

Above and beyond the service that is provided to the public, I particularly appreciate the experience of sitting at one's computer and anonymously wreaking havoc in the activities of a ruthless criminal on the other side of the world.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why do I do it ?

.....because I'm an irritating kind of person (and good at it too) so, to save the masses of innocent people of the world, I needed to find a group of people deserving of my special skills. Very Happy

The bottom line is that they don't have to reply to me, but they can't resist and I can't be mistreating them (enough) because they always write back.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why do I bait? Good question.

I bait because there are thousands of people out there that are getting screwed for millions, if not billions of bucks a year. If we can put a small spanner in the ladworks and make their lives a bit of a misery, that goes some way to redressing the balance, although the words 'Canute' and 'King' sometimes spring to mind.

I bait because I hate lads arrogance, and the way they try and justify their miserable existence as revenge on the colonial greedy white man and the fact that they have no compunction in going to church on a Sunday to pray for more stupid magas.

I bait for the sociability of this site, which is both, serious and comical by equal turns.

I bait because it is the only hobby that I know where a talking horse can have a 'meaningful' conversation with a lad. Wilber!!!!

I bait because I enjoy receiving checks for thousands of dollars that could have gone to innocent victims.

I bait because just when I think I've seen it all the scumbags plunge fresh depths of depravity.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be interesting to conduct a formal survey on baiter attitudes, but some of the things you would find, IMO:

Baiters are:

* possessed of a strong sense of justice
* intelligent
* irritable
* introvert
* realistic (as opposed to idealistic)
* intolerant of stupidity
* seek to improve the world, not content with the world as it is
* creative
* looking to contribute and do meaningful things

If a combination of those leads to "being angry at greedy thieving shitheads who abuse a resource to try and steal money and stick it in their own pocket" and "enjoy fighting back the only way possible, while finding an outlet for their creativity and anger", then I think you have a reasonable composite of the typical baiter.
Wink
Still, I could be wrong.

EDIT: ....and baiters are funny. You couldn't do this without having a well-developed sense of self-awareness, and hence, humour. Cool

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

Location: demoralise the lads, over and over, they will give up just crush the hope they have of getting cash!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was robbed by a confidence trickster when I was younger and could ill afford to loose the money, it wasn't online, it was face to face, made me feel so stupid and upset with myself, wanted to find the guy and cause him some extreme physical damage if I ever caught him. good job for him that i never did, this is my revenge on people trying to do the same thing, except mugus are lazier and more cowardly than actually face to face.

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
"you are a cosomplitant asshole" S.Ghartey 2006 - why thank you i think.
' i sent jamaicans to kill you' Mills Kwame - you must have given them the wrong address, no one came round, i baked cookies and everything.
YOU ARE A CUR, A TRAMP, A HOBO A MISRABLE ONE FOR THAT MATTER.
WANDERING PIG.
SLAG LIKE YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF GOD GO TO HEIL I WILL NOT PRAY FOR YOU THAT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IS THAT WITH YOU.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Other reasons that I bait?

It's playing to my strengths (Wright B Hindyou, I fit your profile pretty closely) - and I get more praise and positive reinforcement here than I do at work. I feel that I'm part of something worthwhile and that a lot of others feel that way too.

It had to be said. You're a great bunch. Thanx!

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bait for a number of reasons.

Exclamation I'm a closet sadist.
Exclamation Because I can.
Exclamation I can't afford decent drugs.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yastreb wrote:
I get more praise and positive reinforcement here than I do at work.

I can even USE baiting for my work (making people fill out forms, err, exercises) Laughing

Quote:
I feel that I'm part of something worthwhile and that a lot of others feel that way too.

It had to be said. You're a great bunch. Thanx!

Who could ever contradict that! Very true Thumbs up I am happy to be here.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me, first and foremost, it is a noble thing to do. It makes me feel good. Second, third and fourth: It is fun, entertaining and it brings out a sadistic side in me that doesn't get exposed in RL.

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
OscarAcosta
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pure bloody mischeif is why I do it Twisted Evil Never having been one to stray from the side of the righteous (in IT terms - I Used to be tech support at a couple of major UK companies, zero tolerance for black hats here), there is a certain appeal to keelhauling the kind of muppets who make problems with my more credulous friends who are unwise enough to end up with spambots/keyloggers etc... I guess I do it because the scumbags deserve it.
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't have put it any better than WBY:
Quote:
Baiters are:

* possessed of a strong sense of justice
* intelligent
* irritable
* introvert
* realistic (as opposed to idealistic)
* intolerant of stupidity
* seek to improve the world, not content with the world as it is
* creative
* looking to contribute and do meaningful things

except I wouldn't describe myself as creative.

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd go along with WBY's list, except that I don't think baiters are introvert. I would say we're all extrovert in an somewhat less than flamboyant sort of way (does that make sense?).

I'm not sure that "realistic" and "wanting to change the world" are compatible attributes, but I think I know what is meant here. Certainly I want to change the world, but I'd describe myself as idealistic - maybe "recognizing limitations" is a better way of describing my attitude than "realistic". Otherwise, it's a pretty fair description of me.

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’ve been involved in sending miscreants on ‘wild goose chases’ for as long as I can remember. Years ago, a friend and I used to create havoc for a driver at a local taxi firm who had ripped us off badly. Every weekend, we would send him all over the area on ‘no pickups’, wait for him to return to the office, then ring and ascertain his opinions of us.

More recently, I turned my attention to unsolicited, nuisance telemarketing calls. I resent this intrusion into my home. I get the caller to call me back on my FlexTel no (at 40p/80c per min) and keep them talking at me (on my cordless speakerphone) for as long as I can. Meanwhile, I’m doing other things.

I have been receiving 419 e.mails since I first went online, and had previously just responded with abuse, and forwarded headers & body text to ISPs (if traceable). I always felt that there must be a more constructive way to respond. It was about 2 years ago, that I heard Mike on BBC Radio 4, talking about his book ‘Greeting$ in Jesus’ N@me’ (copy sat beside me as I type this). He alerted me to a group of people that I wanted part of. I remember being literally on my hands and knees, laughing uncontrollably at his ‘Arnie’ soundboard call with ‘Matins Davis’. I still have it in my music folder and play it every now and then.

I joined 419eater and quickly made my first bait. I have still to properly write it up, as there are virtually no e.mails, since it was almost all telephone-based. I was very surprised at how easy it was to get 2 lads to journey from London to York (200 miles each way), twice in 3 days.

Sadly, I had to stop scambaiting for over a year, but have recently felt able to resume. I have 2 on the go now. I’ll publish them when anything remarkable happens.

I do it for a few reasons; entertainment, enjoyment …………………… and - since I despise bullies - vengeance!
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Wright B Hindyou,

Guilty as charged.

Why am I still doing this? because they assume I am stupid. Because they think I'm going to roll over and give them my money. because they don't care if I am seriously ill, or if my wife is unwell, or if I will be seriously harmed by their theiving. These are very unpleasant people. It's a good reason to be careful, and a very good rason to be very thorough when cornholing them.

suncrafter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like being a jerk sometimes. I'm kind of good at it too. But most people don't deserve my abuse. 419ers do.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic