SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Friend being Scammed (Ghana romance)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Leghorn Foghorn wrote:
Yep - that's him.

The more I read on him, the less I fear for my friends safety ... and more for her wallet. Looks like he's quite the lothario - lol. Less a scammer than a one-man lonely hearts club for lovesick American females?
Hi, and welcome to the eater. I'm sorry you had to find us this way. Eric Adade only cares about one thing-your friends wallet. He doesn't really care one whit about her or her feelings. He is probably part of a larger scammer gang.

I am afraid that emailing the scammer will not help. He will only use it against you and your friend. He has convinced your friend that you and others are only trying to "interfere with their love" and isolating her. Even if he does admit that he scams, he will claim that he has actually fallen in love with her and that "this is different".

Love scammers have had months and sometimes years of practice at spinning woeful tales of lies and deception that only *she* can resolve.

Leghorn Foghorn wrote:
I'm beginning to believe that the most likely event of all this is her coming back engaged, and either (a) being persuaded to send all kinds of money over the coming months as he gets things together to be able to come visit her here, or (b) he comes over rather quickly, and they end up getting married, and he leeches off her considerable salary while enjoying America (while possibly even scamming while she's off at work each day), or (c) all of the above.
I'm not sure that either option listed above will be what happens...

Your friend is in my thoughts.
Leghorn Foghorn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deux Et Machina Intervenes

In the form of some Centenario Platino

Well, when I came back from a trip to Mexico a few weeks ago, I'd given my friend a bottle of excellent Centenario Platino Tequila. Apparently, she put it to good use, using it to get her courage up - in the face of all the advice she'd been given - to get on the plane yesterday.

It seems, however, that airport security doesn't take well to visibly drunk women wanting to climb aboard our commercial aircraft ... and they barred her, forcing her to change her flight to Friday.

In the interim, she has decided that it's not worth it - and she's not going. She's blocked her phone #, and she's not opening her e-mails.

I told her to unhook her computer from the internet, until I could get over there to disinfect it, and I've set her up with a new e-mail account.

Poor boy, eh? He spent so much money getting ready for her! If I didn't want to keep this mail account relatively free of clutter (no, it doesn't have my real name associated with it) I might play some, but I think I'll have to forward his e-mails to the ether...

My friend, meanwhile, is a wreck. I've put her in touch with the scam romance group over at Yahoo, which seems to be a good resource for women to sympathize with each others scammer stories.

Last edited by Leghorn Foghorn on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny how things work out. Hopefully your friend, in a few weeks, will be able to look back on this with some bemused detachment and chalk it up to a learning experience. It could have been much worse than a hangover and a bruised ego. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Thats great news.
In a tragic way very funny. She will thank you in the long run.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Give her the details on the other accounts this lad has.

Maybe even contact the lad on a fake account and see how long before lover boy "loves" that one too.
daTrix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say from personal experience that tormenting a lad in lieu of tormenting the lad that scammed you can be liberating. When ever I feel frustrated over being played it gives me new motivation to twist my pet lad's psyche into knots.

Once she has recovered sufficiently, send her our way - maybe she can virtually do to this lad what she will eventually want to do to lover boy. And who know, maybe she can even torment this particular lad after she recreates herself.

Please tell her that there is at least one soul here that can empathize. I've felt the hurt and shame after being played by one of those jerks.
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, brilliant news.

Mucho props for you in helping your friend out and the same for them for getting the nerve to see the truth. As you can probably tell, it's a very hard thing to do.

As she's got a new email, she shouldn't get any money recovery scams, but keep an eye on her just in case and maybe point her in the direction of a site like THIS one (I'm sure a higher up will give you a better link) at some point in the future. Try not to be too forceful though.

On the topic of her old account. Do you have control over it? Could you change the password? It might be a good idea if you do, he will keep on keeping on and will always be trying to entice her back. If you remove the temptation then it's better for everyone (except the scammer obviously).

Once again, Well done.
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phew. I'm relieved to hear things went this way. They could have been much worse. The Yahoo Romance Scams group is a good one. Props to you for watching out for your friend like this.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt she'll ever fully understand the bullet she dodged. I prayed for her safety. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Please remind her that when one door closes, another opens.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jesus Christ!
This is a good end for a story that was badly beginning...

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
Leghorn Foghorn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bump

Last edited by Leghorn Foghorn on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would cease contact with this scumbag asap. Scammers cannot be trusted, at all. The longer you and/or your friend continue to contact the scammer the harder he will try to gain your pity and pull something over on you.

To be totally honest, he probably didn't do much in preparation for her visit. In fact, he was/is probably scamming a half dozen other women at the same time.

edited to add clarity
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic