SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

100 years ago today...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

30 June 1908: the forests of Tunguska are seared by a fireball of a yield of perhaps 15 megatonnes. It was most likely a bolide or a comet fragment.

This was posted on an intranet forum today.

Quote:
Scientists gathered in Siberia on June 26-28 to mark the 100th anniversary of the Tunguska Event, one of the world's most mysterious explosions, which flattened 80 million trees but largely went unnoticed at the time. The massive blast, equivalent to around 15 megatons, occurred approximately 7-10 km above the Stony Tunguska River in a remote area of central Siberia early on June 30, 1908.
The explosion, which was estimated to measure up to 5 on the Richter scale, knocked people off their feet 70 km away and destroyed an area of around 2,150 sq km (830 sq miles).
If the explosion had occurred some 4 hours and 47 minutes later, due to the Earth's rotation it would have completely destroyed the then Russian capital of St. Petersburg.
However, despite the fact that the night sky was lit up across Europe and Asia and the shock waves were detected as far away as Britain, the Tunguska Event largely went unnoticed eclipsed by global events leading up to World War I, the Russian Revolution and subsequent civil war. It was not until almost 20 years later in 1927 that any scientific expedition managed to visit the remote site.
The 1927 expedition, led by Leonid Kulik, a leading meteorite expert at the Academy of Sciences, discovered the massive destruction left by the blast and gathered witness statements from locals living in the area. It was assumed that a huge meteorite had hit the area, although Kulik failed, during his research in Siberia, to find an obvious crater. Around 33 years later another expedition was also unsuccessful in its search for the elusive crater and scientists were faced with the Tunguska mystery; an explosion 1,000 times more powerful that the atomic bomb at Hiroshima, but which had left no trace as to its cause.
Although there have been dozens of theories since, from UFOs, antimatter, doomsday events and black holes, the most likely being an airborne explosion of a 10-30-meter wide meteorite or comet, none of them has provided conclusive evidence which has merely fuelled the speculation surrounding Tunguska.
At the Tunguska conference in the Krasnoyarsk Territory in Siberia scientists from all over Russia gathered to discuss, using the latest computer technology, as well as less traditional methods, what actually caused the destruction in the remote Siberian region.
As part of the anniversary, in the Evenki autonomous area, a statue of the Evenki god of Thunder, which reflects eyewitness testimony to the events 100 years ago, was erected at the site believed to be the meteorite crash location.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Patri0t
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many of the local residents thought the world was ending. I found this quote rather amusing

Quote:
The peasants of the village [of Korelina] were so stunned by the crashes that they sent a deputation to town to the local archpriest to ask if the end of the world was beginning, [and] how they were preparing for it in Kirensk.

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yastreb wrote:

If the explosion had occurred some 4 hours and 47 minutes later, due to the Earth's rotation it would have completely destroyed the then Russian capital of St. Petersburg.

A bit meaningless. The Earth also goes round the Sun, and moves about 320,000 miles in 4 hours and 47 minutes.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Dougie
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This cannot be serious!! Shocked
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dougie - which bit?

BTW - Mr TT - I think the point about Saint Petersburg was that we were lucky that day; had the Tunguska fireball fallen on a major city, it would have been perhaps the worst disaster in recorded history.

Three separate meteorite strikes occurred in the 20th century - Siberia 1908 and 1947, and Brazil (the Rio Curucao incident) in 1930. In all cases, had they impacted in cities, the carnage would have been frightful. We've been very lucky so far.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's Lucky for humans that most of the worlds surface is uninhabited by humans. If I was a tree I might consider the statistics alarming. If I where a tree or a whale I might be alarmed. Then again I'm pretty sure whales and trees don't read the news.

That was an amasing occurrence. Natural disasters occur all the time. Once they are over and left to the history books, mankind moves on and all the tears are forgotten.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually it was one of my Russian ancestors passing gas. He had too much vodka and borsch. Confused

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my pre-Eater days I used to read a lot on sites which deal with Degree Confluence Projects, i.e. people visiting and photographing the spots on Earth where whole degrees of longitude and of latitude meet (and which are on land and not too near the poles, since they naturally accumulate there).

One thing (maybe the only thing) I learnt from there was that almost all of these spots tend to be in wildlife nature, in forests, in deserts, on fields. You will find many thousands of pics of absolutely desert places (mostly beautiful views though, shot in various times of the year).

I only mention this today because it made me aware that only a very very small part of the world is cities or even only villages. Naturally, had the Tunguska meteorite hit a city, it would have been the greatest desaster in recorded history, as you say, Yastreb. The actual chance, however, even today is (luckily) very small.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how many scammers one that size could take out, if it hit Nigeria?

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Laughing

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking how many innocent people. Wait, that's right, every person in Nigeria is a scammer and all scammers come from Nigeria.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One theory is that there was a leak and explosion of underground gas. Chibuike - was your ancestor a miner? Laughing

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I think I married one of this person's decendents.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper wrote:
I was thinking how many innocent people. Wait, that's right, every person in Nigeria is a scammer and all scammers come from Nigeria.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It was most likely a bolide or a comet fragment

Sorry, but I initially read that as:

'It was most likely a blonde or a comet fragment'

[takes cover]

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ so did I at first. What does this button do? *bam*

Looking at photographs of Tunguska it looks more like an airburst than an underground explosion. I'm going with the meteorite theory, a large metorite fragmenting as it hit the atmosphere would cause a hellish explosion based purely on its sheer speed.

Also consider that an explosion estimated at 15MT yield would need an enormous volume of gas, correctly mixed with air, to produce a similar yield.

there's some very famous footage of a near-miss here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIv7wL9nWMQ&NR=1

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The whole thing was just a hoax. It was all filmed in a Hollywood studio.

The POWERS THAT BE want to make us believe we're in constant danger. That way they can control us and take all our money and enslave our children.

We must fight the elite. The truth will come out in 2012.

The Nigerian 419 letters are not spam. They all contain sublime messages from the secret underground. Collect them and read them. You will see the message.

BE PREPARED!

If you want to read crap posts from people who really believe bullshit like this, go visit www.godlikeproductions.com - it's woowoo crackpot central.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dougie wrote:
This cannot be serious!! Shocked

If you image google 'Tunguska' you'll get some photos of all the trees in the impact area, flattened and pointing away from the centre. They look a bit like iron filings sprinkled around a magnet.

I think the meteorite was thought to consist mainly of glass which explains why it vapourised on impact or blew up in the atmosphere due to the immense heating on entry.

There was a suspicion that it was as a result of early Russian nuclear experiments going around for a while too.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with KD.

It's the NWO.

Kill a few trees and we all shit our pants and act like sheep. I'll bet there were no hippy tree-huggers before 1908. The US pullout in Vietnam was probably spawned at Tungasuka.
And send out a load of 419s and those of us destined for greatness are kept busy baiting assholes when we should be fighting the hidden powers that be. Evil or Very Mad

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings in the Name of Jesus!

I am Barrister Charles Soludo, representing the estate of Nicolai Gurdin, who
along with his family, were killed by the giant meteor...

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
ronco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@kleindoofy Not to go Off-topic here but OMGoodness, people love conspiracy theories huh? I don't know if I should laugh at that site or cry at it. Shocked

I bet Elvis had something to do with it, hima AND Bigfoot!

"JUST COME OUT STRAIGHT AND STOP BEATING BY THE BUSH, I KNOW $8000 IS A LOT OF MONEY" - Kelly-The famous zebra scammer Easter Egg 2012
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reminder, Yastreb.

Some may find this wiki article interesting: ---> Clicky.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
... I think the meteorite was thought to consist mainly of glass which explains why it vapourised on impact or blew up in the atmosphere due to the immense heating on entry. ...

Errr, uhhh, ...

windypops wrote:
... There was a suspicion that it was as a result of early Russian nuclear experiments going around for a while too.

In 1908? Shocked
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look, guys, the ultimate solution is to get a mugu to go there to personally investigate...

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic