SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I saw a man steal food today.....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
freddyfudpucker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

good point thefife. its an unfortunate fact that many people simply can't afford morals. i'm not being a smartarse, it's the truth.

The can't even afford money for me to go to cyber cafe and chat to see someone who can happy me.-K0t0k0l Le4
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Les Misérables" isn't just a musical, it's also an important socially critical novel (Victor Hugo).

It's easy to shake one's head about another country in another time and be blind to one's own surroundings.

Btw, judging by past threads on this site, if the event depicted in the OP had happened in Lagos and not in NYC and the thief had fallen and broken his neck while running away, how many people would have answered "served him right"?
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ If he had stolen the lady's purse I'd have both hands raised. People in Lagos get hungry too & if they steal food so they can eat, that is as sad as someone in NYC having to do it.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that KD's point is valid.

We see threads all of the time about some normal event that gets special consideration because it happened in an African country.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tsnerd, I think you have a point but i disagree to the aspect in regards to why they post those threads all the time.

Part of being at eater is a learning process.
When we all first join we quickly learn the most common scams lads use.

One of these is airline disasters, its my guess people post these directly in relation to lads around the globe using them as dead relative scams.

In regards to accidents etc, many will post those too in direct connection to the scam aspect, but in fairness to the members - many will express there condolences to the victims and there families.

I dont dispute there might be one or two posts regarding events for different reasons, but I think on the whole the members here dont go down that road, they would actually be quite upset people may suggest they do.

Nearly all the members have a good sense of ethics and morality, I think the reason the posts exist is sometimes mixed up because of lads themselves - yet another reason to dislike lads.

When people post "15 arrested" there sharing the victory, again that sometimes can be mis-interpreted.

But on the whole its very few posts that actually ever end up negative. And you mods normally deal with those incredibly quickly.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shoplifting is done by people for many reasons, even with food, it's not just hunger. (Bologna) Thrills, challenge, mental wierdness.

(somewhat related) Years ago I worked in a business that was in skid row area of a large city. One bum was known as the 'meatman'.
He would take orders for certain type of meat, then go to supermarkets and 'procure' it.
Of course, his profits went into alcohol.......

As far as having the person arrested, sometimes police contact is the only chance the person has in getting directed to the services he needs.....

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
if the event depicted in the OP had happened in Lagos and not in NYC and the thief had fallen and broken his neck while running away, how many people would have answered "served him right"?

If fit enough to run away, in my humble opinion you are not at deaths door of Starvation
But I take your point that some get Target fixated when it comes to the Geography

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Btw, judging by past threads on this site, if the event depicted in the OP had happened in Lagos and not in NYC and the thief had fallen and broken his neck while running away, how many people would have answered "served him right"?

I would say there is a slight difference. If a person steals because of a handicap, then one cannot be held accountable to the same extent as another who is not. Lads reason that Western Culture is responsible for their actions, not them.

If a lad ran up and stole food, fell and broke their neck, I would not cry. If a crackhead in NY did the same, I would not cry. But I think the difference would be the type of person that is being portrayed here.

I don't know if this person had a disability or whatever. That's just the distinction that I see there.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did I mention lads?

I'm referring to (the many) threads about people in Nigeria who, for instance, steal gasoline - one or two gallons - from a leak in a pipeline which was made by other people (= the real thieves) and end up dying in a fire when the leak ignites.

Go read those threads, you'll read all the posts from people applauding the deaths, saying "served them right." As far as I know, even in Texas they don't give people capital punishment for stealing a few dollars worth of gas.

On the other hand, when told in another thread about a woman in America who conspired with her boyfriend to murder her mother just for the money, and who was caught red handed and confessed, everybody writes "poor girl, I hope she gets off, get her a good lawyer."

Is it just me, or is there something strange about that?
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Sorry, I thought the implication was that they were lads. My mistake. As I said, a thief is a thief, as long as they are mentally capable.

Indeed, something is strange about that logic KD.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
freddyfudpucker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
ive noticed it too. strange and shocking, imo.
in a way. its normal to dehumanize the enemy, though.
even if its only a percieved enemy. not every Nigerian is a lad (or lass?)

The can't even afford money for me to go to cyber cafe and chat to see someone who can happy me.-K0t0k0l Le4
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what it's worth, the description you gave of the gentleman makes it sound as if he is mentally disabled. Not the stealing of food, but the stopping to get a straw and napkins. I am not a mental health expert, but those two actions don't jive with each other. If you steal something in the manner in which that man stole you don't stop and get napkins and a straw. You get out of there as quickly as possible.

Just my two cents worth.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic