SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pennsyltucky driver's license

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went through all this trouble creating a driver's license for the state of Pennsyltucky, so now I need someone else to make one too, thus validating all the time I wasted in photoshop. Here is the image i'm sending, although i plan to change the address:

Here is the photoshop file for anyone interested in making their own Pennsyltucky driver's license. You will need to edit the text, picture, and signature if you want, then flatten the image, then go to image, adjust and mess with brightness and contrast to make it look crappy enough to have gone through a broken scanner. Then export as a jpeg with the quality set as low as possible, and voila!

<<link removed --luckey>>

Please someone, help me justify the time spent making this. I mean come on, you can't even see the custom state seal i made in the background!

Last edited by Vir on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Vir,

Welcome to Eater. We appreciate your enthusiasm to help out, but please don't post ID's unless you mark them with the words "FAKE" or something similar. We try hard not to provide scammers with anything they can use to dupe real victims. As silly as you may think that ID may look, if it's good enough to fool a scammer, it's good enough to fool a victim.

Please take a few minutes to read through the links in your welcome PM. It will help you get a better sense of what we condone, and what we avoid here.

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While I appreciated the humor in your license, there are many out there who would not know that was supposed to be funny.

Here's a good post to read:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=597555#597555

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My instincts tell me that you haven't read any of the posts in the forums regarding sending any kind of ID to lads. It is also apparent that you have not read the Forum Rules, specifically the rule that covers this exact issue.

I have copied it for your reference:

Quote:
419 Eater does not condone the sending, or replication of any fake Identification. The identification you send, regardless of its quality and authenticity, could potentially be used to scam real victims. It s just not worth the risk. There are a million and one excuses why you don't or won t send it. If you do wish to send an image you can use the database available to search for blurred image files. The excuse can be 'broken scanner', or anything to that effect. Be creative and different each time.

My suggestion is that you acquaint yourself with the forum rules, and read some of the threads that discuss not sending fake ID. How would you feel if you or a member of your family got scammed by a lad using a recycled fake ID?

Think about it.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did read a bunch of the rules, but i must have missed that part. There are hundreds of rules posted all over place, and I did make an honest effort to read them. I did read a post condoning making IDs from nonexistant places, but in retrospect that may have been at a different forum.

I read the rule you posted and the other one you linked, and yes, I understand the rationale. Personally, I would rather them use an obviously fake ID that I made rather than a much more real-looking ID they could get with a quick google search. At least with my ID, there is a greater chance of the victim seeing it as an obvious fake. However, I will abide by these rules in the future.

I have edited the driver's license to say FAKE on it, and I will assume you don't want me to post the link to the photoshop file.
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Personally, I would rather them use an obviously fake ID that I made rather than a much more real-looking ID they could get with a quick google search.

On paper, that makes sense, but scammers are lazy and there is no reason to make things any easier for them.

Quote:
At least with my ID, there is a greater chance of the victim seeing it as an obvious fake. However, I will abide by these rules in the future.

Rather than debating that, I'll just say thanks for respecting the rules. Very Happy

Quote:
I have edited the driver's license to say FAKE on it, and I will assume you don't want me to post the link to the photoshop file.

Thanks for editing the photo, and yes it would be best not to make that available to others who may not respect the forum guidelines, including scammers.

Last edited by luckey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir, thank you for putting FAKE across the ID. Again, we ask that you don't send them any kind of ID. They can recycle it and use it on innocent victims. There are many alternate ways of sending them "ID" without actually sending them any kind of ID at all.

The renamed .dll file is one, a junk file is another (we have junk file creators), and simply putting <<baiterid.jpg>> at the end of your email to him will make it look like you sent it but it was stripped out. I have a Homeland Security notice if you are interested that uses the principle above, just a a step higher.

There also blurred or otherwise trashed copies of ID that we use. If you are interested in those, we can point you in the direction to find them. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

freddyfudpucker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im an anarchist and a darwinist and am NOT an EaterMod, so i'll just say welcome to Eater and nice job on PeeWee's Pennsyltucky license, im from the greater Cleveland area and lived in Pittsburgh for a few years and can appreciate the hillbilly reference. I have neighbors who have lived in the city thier whole lives and still swear they are from West Virginia. if i dint know better, theyda fooled me.

The can't even afford money for me to go to cyber cafe and chat to see someone who can happy me.-K0t0k0l Le4
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir, Welcome too, Very Happy though freddyfudpucker and I are not neighbors, I like your creativity. I have relatives in India, Brazil and South Africa. They would totally miss the humor that freddy and I see in what you created. I can even tell that you based it on a CA driver's license. Someone from a different culture, nation wouldn't know those things.

Scammers are not just interested in taking money from people in the USA who would (likely) recognize the fun parts of what you created. It would just be a tool that a scammer uses to take money from people who would fall for the story line the scammer creats.

Your creativity is going to be useful as a baiter. Please just don't send anything that the scammer can re-use. Cool

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@vir- That ID you made was good and that's the main problem. Once you bait a while and see some of the goofy IDs lads pass you'll understand the reason for the no ID rule. You certainly don't want to help a lad prove he's a US soldier stuck in Iraq with a trunk box full of Saddam's cash.

Your photoshop skills are good and are welcomed here, just not for making IDs Smile

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I took your advice and renamed "Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged.pdf" to "driverslicense.jpg" and emailed that. Maybe the lads like capitalist propaganda? What are acceptable uses of photoshop for scam baiting anyway?

However, I still think that there is an overall benefit in sending IDs that are clearly phony. It takes less than a minute to find a decent scan of a real driver's license on google, and the lads clearly know how to use google image search to find pictures of models. I think it it worth saving the lad a minute of time in order to potentially save a victim that would see the ID as a clear fake, and thus waste the lad weeks or months of work. Even if 75% of potential scam victims wouldn't get the joke, my phony ID could save the 25% that do, and that ratio is probably much better than the other fake documents that scammers have access to. Could my fake ID fool a foreign victim? A possibility. Could a lad sent on a thousand-mile safari get so angry he goes on a killing spree? Also a possibility. But after weighing all the risks and benefits, it still seems like this type of ID would do more good than harm.

ParaNoid - I got the base image from (you guessed it) a google image search. I chose California because it has a white background and is easier to photoshop.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It takes less than a minute to find a decent scan of a real driver's license on google, and the lads clearly know how to use google image search to find pictures of models.

True- make them search for the images and do the work, though. Wink Handing them a fake ID that may or may not be spotted by a victim just makes it easier for the lads.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir wrote:
Could my fake ID fool a foreign victim? A possibility.

Not just a possibility, it's certain. I'd happily bet one year's salary that your lad would re-use that licence, and I'd bet a further year's salary that a victim in say, Bangladesh, will take it as gospel. It happens every day, unfortunately.

Vir wrote:
But after weighing all the risks and benefits, it still seems like this type of ID would do more good than harm.

Unfortunately, it won't do any good, only harm. I can see your thinking, but the rules on fake ID are gleaned from hard lessons, and long experience from some of the older members here.

It's a great skill you have though, and it will come in useful. Welcome to eater! Very Happy

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what a Lad will try to recycle, see this thread here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1050793&highlight=passport#1050793

A real jaw-dropper, isn't it?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell the lad your scanner broke

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Vir. That ID is hilarious. I'm laughing my arse off.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, Vir

Even if you don't use that fakey license, you did a great job photochopping it. It really looks real. It's way better than the usual crap we get from the lads.

For the right things, photochopping is a handy tool for baiters. I'm sure the right thing will come along where you can take advantage of it.

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir wrote:
What are acceptable uses of photoshop for scam baiting anyway?

You can use photoshop or any other graphics program to manipulate pictures (read Shiver's Holy Church of the Red Breast bait - excellent examples of photo manipulation). "Photochopping"is great for blurring money transfer receipt, making a fake check look like the dog was hungry, and many other acceptable uses. Look around on here - you'll see plenty of examples. Very Happy

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir, while I agree with the rule (broke it myself a while back in fact!), I must also state that, thanks to your original post, I sprayed CC and Coke all over my keyboard and nearly choked to death. That was funny!

When the matter was explained to me by a very patient and wise member, the explanation went something like this...

If it will fool your lad, then it will probably fool other people in his area. And your lad will (guaranteed) use it to try to scam his own people. Remember that scammers will take money from anyone any way they can, including their own neighbours, regardless of race, sex, age, or any other factor. If one of us even unknowingly assists in an innocent person being scammed, that's a major battle we just lost.

That's not a direct quote, but that's the idea behind the rule. The member who provided said explanation is still very active here, and may verify the statement if they so choose.

Using stuff like that shown in Strongside's post is ideal, and almost as funny because many lads will accept that too and even thank you for your cooperation. Even sending nothing at all (but insisting that you did) is good enough for a lad. With your talent at photo-chopping, there are countless ways to mess with the mugus and get away with it. Feel free to PM me if you'd like some examples any time.

And don't worry aboot my keyboard. I'll just lick the booze off (won't be the first time) it and refill a few more drinks, and I'll be just fine!
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, well at least you guys appreciated it even if i didn't send it out. At least it didn't go to waste. Very Happy

I guess my point was that it is probably better for the lads to use driver's licenses that are likely to be spotted as phony than ones that aren't. But I admit that my Pennsyltucky license might be better at fooling non-Americans than what they've currently got. I think I'll be sending this image instead:

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir, that's actually quite good as a botched ID. It would be way cool as a card for my female baiter persona. May I add it to my toolkit?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd second the thought on putting those shopping skills to use around here, just stick around for awhile to catch up on their best use. Look up the Marvinator's thread and you can see how busy people keep him...

guy nawaaa for you oooh
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yastreb wrote:
Vir, that's actually quite good as a botched ID. It would be way cool as a card for my female baiter persona. May I add it to my toolkit?

Oh yeah, by all means. To get that one, I screwed up the brightness and contrast, went crazy with the blur tool, then saved it as a 16-color gif using the default windows palette. When you spend so much time trying to get pictures that look good it's kind of fun to deliberately make them bad. Very Happy
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ And now, sir, I think you have discovered the fun part of baiting. Welcome aboard Laughing

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My humble self wrote:
With your talent at photo-chopping, there are countless ways to mess with the mugus and get away with it.
I rest my case, your honour! Thumbs up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic