SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

camping / cooking

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

folks,
the weather is getting better so camping is on the cards.

what camping stoves d`you guys use? i use 2
my pride and joy is a MSR dragonfly, it is a great big burner jobbie. it is verygood and heats water very quickly.
my other is a trangia spirit burner which i`ll never go camping without ever. it is so easy to use.

any camp people out there Laughing ?

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aah, camp life!

Hayley uses one with 2 burners and a grill underneath, connected to a socking great gas bottle, along the lines of this one:
We had one they used to do the catering on the ark, but replaced it last week with one from Aldi or somewhere exotic. That came with a stand and sidescreens, so she wont have to surround it with trays.

Edmundo was here when she got it home, and changed the regulator for the one that fits our bottle, not many campers have a cooker setup by a Corgi registered gas fitter!

When we go camping on the bike (as we did last weekend), we dont have room for cooking stuff, so while we save on accommodation, we eat out very night!

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that better than my cooker at home !

we cook together in huge groups. making breakkie in t`mornin is a great time.
drew.

*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a MSR mini Waterworks for filtering water but for cooking I am a Coleman person. For lightweight/long range I use a Coleman Peak 1 Expedition single burner with liquid fuel. For overnight backpacking/group events a single burner Peak 1 all in one. For tailgating either a 1950's Coleman 425 or a 1930's Coleman 412 with a gold cylindrical fuel tank. If I am cooking for 50 I use the larger 425. If its just family, the dual burner 412 is lighter and its generator fires up faster. For events and locations where liquid fuel is banned, I use a single burner propane and I keep it in the car at all times.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a real man. When I camp I don't take a stove! But then again, I never camp for more than one day at a time. Last time I went my friend had a Coleman that seemed to work great.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if its just overnight I have a Coleman Peak 1 Exponent Feather 442 Dual Fuel in a titanium pot in the bottom of my pack. Its not heavy nor expensive. The pot was twice the price. Not only is it a great to have coffee/tea/coco at night, its a safety issue to be able to boil water and generate heat. I went out one trip with a MRE and no stove. The supposedly horrible meal ready to eat that are given to troops in the field has a heater pack that boils the entree in about a minute. It was not same experience.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm like you Drew, I use a triangia cookset and spirit burner, it's light and packable, easy to use, and best of all, you can't break it as there aren't really any parts that move. I've had mine years, there's no better way to heat your beans with sausages in the morning, or to brew up when it's chucking it down. My pans are a bit dented, but that's not bad after 10 years of use. And if you run out of spirit fuel, you can use pretty much anything flammable... petrol just about works. Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a old green 3 burner coleman stove with the red tank. that my family bought back in the late 60's and it still works great.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We used bog standard camping gaz stoves for years.
They're a bit wobbly but light enough to pack away, nice and small without the canister
Last year I bought a wee flat stove that takes aerosol type gas canisters. Its nice and stable but still lightenough when carrying.

I bought a couple of wind up lamps today. £6 in Tesco. Ideal for lighting the tent at night.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those small butane stoves are great bargains. They have a nice regulator and pot grates. I paid $9.99 for mine new with a nice plastic case but we use it for indoor special occasion cooking and warming only. As the butane boils, the canister gets so cold that it no longer gasifies outdoors. It limits its use when you really need it.
@packman. You have a 428. They are the top of the Coleman line. I've been on the lookout for one. All of my green Colemans have been from garage sales and the most I've ever paid is $5.00. I gave a nice 1960's 425 to my brother last month. All it needed was some neatsfoot oil on the pump leather and a new cap for the tank.

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Connie
Yup thats like the new one, great for brewing up for a cuppa.
Only ever used it last August at the Reading music festival.
The camping gaz stoves have been round a fair bit of Europe and to Iceland.
We're going to take a couple of those instant BBQs with us this year
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one of the Coleman Peak1 stoves, also....and have done a lot of extended car camping. (No not homeless!)
Probably the bulk of my cooking is done on a charcoal grill.....gas stove for coffee....breakfast stuff.

The windup LED lights are great, as well as some of the bigger LED camping lanterns you can find. Once you get up to 38-48 LEDS they can almost replace a 1-2 mantle gas lantern........
I can live without pumping the damn things every few hours....

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i`ve used a coleman pump up thing. i didnt like it.
my friend got a huge one ! (3 burner petrol stove.) coleman brand. i can say i was really impressed.

my other mate has one of these...
http://www.dawsonsdepartmentstore.co.uk/bbqworld/products.asp?productname=AC
great fun. goes for ages, even heats up the water for washing up!

harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's cold down under now so camping is not on the calendar for a few months. I prefer an open camp fire, billy can and a piece of old steel plate set on couple of logs. If I'm confined to no fire rules I use a very basic gas three legged round setup that does everything you need.
Other than that it's a counter meal at the local pub.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MSR dragonfly is good, I'm personally more experienced with a Primus stove. It's over 6 years old, but a very neat little rig.

Took it to Philmont when I was crew leader.
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fire-spout 100 wood burning camp stove.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Charcoal or stay home..

KingsFord is the best.. (Originally left over from Henry Fords Coke Plant)

Yes, that old bastich started the BBQ craze..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic