SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Getting them to send pictures

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
magkas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having one heck of a time trying to get my scammer to send me a picture of himself with a sign. I keep telling I have the money and all I need is a picture to send it. He sent me some random picture he probably pulled off of the internet, but no sign! Any ideas?

On the bright side, I am having a great time frustrating this guy.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How soon are you asking? The best thing is to get them VERY invested in you before you ask. A couple weeks should do the trick.

Take a look here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135698

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
magkas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked after only 2 days... darn.

How long can I expect him to keep emailing me back? He's pretty annoyed. Also, when I ask for a picture, what is a useful technique to improve my odds of getting one?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, 2 days is too soon. Wink

I'd say a goal for how long to get him to write to you: Forever. Laughing I have a lad who is a trophy machine that I've been baiting for 13 months.

After they have invested some time in you, they don't want to just drop you, so they are more willing to do what you ask.

A few tips: play a legitimate victim for a while, so that he thinks he's getting somewhere scamming you.

After he's been writing for a couple of weeks, start with a small trophy: a form he needs to fill in by hand, etc. If you can get him to do that, you can work toward photos with signs.

The trophy requests have to make sense to the bait. You can't just randomly ask for pictures.

Try not to let him send you any pictures of "himself" because as you've already seen, he'll give you some random picture he got online. After that, it's harder to get the custom picture, because the first one was obviously not of him.

Read the thread Jojo linked to, as well as published and on-going baits posted here for ideas.

Have fun and welcome to Eater! Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
magkas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked after only 2 days... darn.

How long can I expect him to keep emailing me back? He's pretty annoyed.
Thanks for the link. It was helpful.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lads twig right away. Some come back. I had one lad twig, who then came back for 2.5 years. It just depends really.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Magkas.
Even though a photo may seem no big deal to you and me, what you've got to remember is a couple of things:

1) Cameras aren't cheap and not all lads will have access to them.
2) The lad will take a lot of pushing to show you his real face. He knows he's a criminal so he's not going to reveal himself unless he's really hooked.

Also, I don't know about your baits, but the lad is going to have to pretend to be who he's aliasing. So, a lad in a Man UTD T-Shirt is going to have to make an effort to come across as a businessman in a shirt and tie. Not all are prepared to do that as they're lazy bastards. And Christ help me with the little sods that pretend to be women. I just got this through from some asshole I've been lining up for a photo and he's gone and changed sex on me.

Quote:
We have respect for our customer,and please there are some language you shouldn,t use. i am a married woman.

Married woman? No chance of a photo for me on this one no matter how hooked the little bugger is, so I've no option but to hurl more abuse at him.
I sincerely hate tranny lads. Evil or Very Mad

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
magkas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How likely is it that the address they give for Western Union is correct? Has anyone tried contacting Scotland Yard or US police to get them arrested?

My lad is confused. He is running two email addresses, and can't keep straight what each one says.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Highly unlikely. Most lads use aliases or get an innocent to pick their money up for them. Either that or they'll have someone behind the counter who they're paying to help them.

Virtually zero chance of an arrest. In fact, so remote, it's not worth bothering about.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is almost no hope of getting one arrested. The US police will never travel to Nigeria to pick up an internet scammer. It just makes no sense.

The addresses they use are made up typically. If they use a real address, odds are it's not theirs. They only need the location of the money to be in their country. You could probably send money to Abuja, Nigeria and have a lad pick it up in Lagos, Nigeria. I don't think it really matters.

@Slightly- I am offended by your particular hate of tranny lads. This shows you are a bigot and intolerant. For shame. Laughing

Goat

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're OK though, JoJo.

I've got nothing against you tranny baiters. Wink

magkas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to admit that I, too, am a tranny baiter. They seem to like older, divorced women...

My main lad now is in the UK... if I could get him nabbed, I'd pay to fly there and watch it happen.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wasn't talking about JoJo's modalities. Confused

magkas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To each their own. I look, act, and talk like a normal person, but I am actually an engineer... Wink
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yeah well, just be on the look-out. There's a few of them here.
No names mentioned but JoJo, YeahWhatever and ProfessorSoandSo are the worst.

It's a long story but to give it to you in a nutshell:

Cash-baiting used to be allowed here at Eater but now it's banned and is a tabboo subject. The reason being that the three ugly sisters there were getting money from the lads in the hope of paying for their "operations".
I believe ProfSoandSo got as far as getting the boobs fitted (JoJo already had them so was saving for the mangina).

So sure, each to their own, but if one of them ever PMs you just do what I do and send them this:

Quote:
AUTOMATED MESSAGE

Sorry. But my PM box is full at the moment and cannot take any more messages.
Please try again later.

Don't say you weren't warned. Wink

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

magkas wrote:
To each their own. I look, act, and talk like a normal person, but I am actually an engineer... Wink

Another engineer eh? Well, so are YW and myself. So, maybe that's what makes us unique, not weird or unsightly as the squirrel implies.

Goat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic