SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Name Change Thoughts

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gadget
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just looking for tips from the more experience here.

A Vlad I've had going for quite a few months now has gotten back round to the point again where a money transfer is about to happen (not really going to happen of course). However when I requested the full name details again for the Money Gram office I will given a different surname and also a different address to the one provided a while back. Also I was advised she does not have a middle name but earlier she did.

I'm thinking this is just a case that the original details were sent a fair while back and the Vlad has forgotten and been too lazy to check what had been sent previously. Her First name is the only thing the same.

However this brings me to the point of this post. Should I point this out and use as a possible excuse not to send the money until the true identity can be established or is that considered to be educating the Vlad and I would be best advised to continue on and just ignore the name change.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
ezilja.fallut
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's education. Maybe a real vic had a real accident with sending their first transfer. Well they might pick up on this new change in names. Plus it just adds more comedy to baiting. Laughing
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, don't educate your lad. There are many possible scenarios here. I have listed a few.

Mix up the name and swap the details line for line in the two different address that he gave you.

Misspell the name badly. Spell it backwards. You're dyslexic, right? Wink

Lose the money or get robbed on the way to the WU office.

Tell him that you can't send money to his country unless Homeland Security forms are filled out by him and returned to you.

Have a family or out of town emergency. You'll have access to the Internet, but there is no WU office within 1000 miles of the very rural area that you will be in for several days.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
TheRIGHTway
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need a name change?

I saw the love guru last night there were some funny names here

You could be indian and have your name as Guru Satchabigknoba or Guru Tugginmypuddha

Punch Cherkov
Dick Pants
Peter Dinklage
Jacques "Le Coq" Grande French Canadian name

hope this helps
Dougie
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or you could just give the Lad a slap and see him bumble his way out of it. It could open a pandoras box of more slaps! More the fun! Very Happy
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pointing out any errors or mistakes is a form of educating a scammer. A slap needs to serve a good purpose and should be wisely and cautiously used. They can be quite effective if used in the right way. In general, vlads do not tolerate slapping as well as lads. I would ignoring the error or follow Sheboppe's excellent advise.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
TopCat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For consistency, and fun, I'd send it to the original name.

One more excuse for...

Quote:
Dear, in Moneygram I was told that there is no money?I don't understand

([email protected] AKA Olga)

My character has broken his leg, poor lad, making it even more difficult to get to MG/WU

They barely notice until payday!

TC
Gadget
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks All. I have gone with ignorring the name change as advised and continue on without mentioning it.

Didn't want to send to the original name or mix them together as that will be the same as calling them on the change.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic