SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think i've been scammed :(

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spiritualhealer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad Sad Sad Evil or Very Mad
Here's how it started, i was sat at work looking for a new job and i sent my CV to a recomended agency who have a flashy website so i thought why not?
I sent them my address and low and behold the nxt day a £5000 cheque arrives, i am asked to get it cashed (which it is still doing) and then to have the funds sent to :-

Name: OLIYIDE O. DIPO

Address: 1-5 MEKAN WAY AKASI, NICOSIA CYPRUS.

This is from a company where the person replying is a Sarah Remington.

Please help and advise me what to do.

Many thanx newbie
Morf
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you haven't already, do not send them any money. I'm assuming that they have your real life information, in which case you should cease contact with them immediately. Tell them you've already accepted another job, or something, then let them drop you.

"DO NOT WRITE TO THIS OFFICE AGAIN PLEASE" - Mr P@ng
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, welcome and enjoy the stickies.

This is a common cheque scam, the check id fake or stolen, they are trying to use you to cash it for them - you send them the money before the cheque comes back as fake - dropping YOU in the brown stuff.

The people you are dealing with won't be at that address, the name looks Nigerian - it will be a 'borrowed' ID that can be used down the local western Union office.

You can't bait these guys, they have your real ID, just ignore them . If they ring put down the 'phone. If they email put them in your spam filter.

destroy the cheque, or mark it 'FAKE' and put it on your wall.

Find someone similar in the Surplus forum, and give them hell using another email account. Plenty of info on here on how to do that safely.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I assume from your post that you have already deposited the check and are waiting for it to clear?

If so, contact your bank and inform them you believe you have deposited a fake or stolen cheque, don't wait for the bank to tell you about that.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
spiritualhealer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone, ill give the bank a call and let them know.
Now i really want to scambait these little SOB's how is the best way of going about this?
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spiritual:

Do not do it from the real life e-mail and other information the lads have on you. Read the stickies around here and ask for a mentor. There is loads of basic information on how to bait these lads.

DO NOT do it from your real life information.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@spiritual...

Also, please post the website you responded to if you believe that's where the cheque originated. We have some Copperfields around here that can make scammy websites disappear.

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I found the scam

Quote:
Hello,

I am Mr. Taylor Warren, the International Recruiting officer for Havoc Consultancy Group;
I am offering you a Job offer with our establishment that deals in the Import and export of Cocoa butter cream,
Rubber, Cotton, textiles and fabric materials which is based in the United States.

We are looking for a trustworthy representative in the United Kingdom on behalf of Havoc Consultancy Group that
will aid as a link between our company (Havoc Consultancy Group) and our customers in Europe for getting and remitting payments.

I would like to know if you are interested, respond only if you will like to work from home (part-time) and get paid weekly
without leaving or affecting your present job.

(PAY IS GOOD) if you are interested, forward the following information to Mrs. Sarah Remington the Recruiting offer of
Havoc Consultancy Group to the email address below:
[email protected]

FULL NAME:
PHONE NUMBER (S):
D.O.B (applicants should be 18 and above):
IDENTIFICATION HELD:

We would be expecting your email ASAP if you are interested to know more about your prospective job with
Havoc Consultancy Group.

Contract of Employment will be forward as soon as you are appointed as our representative.
NOTE: Forward your replies to Mrs. Sarah Remington.

Regards.

Taylor Warren
International Recruitment Department
Havoc Consultancy Group

It's on scamwarners.com too

LINK

I can't find a website. It just appears to be forum spammed all over the place.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
spiritualhealer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yea thats the letter/email that i replied to, the first company and the subsequent acceptance letter

To: Mr/Mrs/MissTo: Miss* ABC
Address: CBA,
ABC
CBA

Dear ABC,

Ref: Notification of Appointment

We have pleasure in confirming your appointment as a member of our United Kingdom
representative for our company [b]Havoc Consultancy Group situated 689 Charleston
Street, Chicago IL 60657. [b]
Your employment will commence with immediate effect at the rate of 10% of each
payment received from our customers. Payments will depend on how fast and effective
you are in cashing and remitting the funds to us. Because of operationally requirement,
payments can be in any currency but we will try our best to make sure that payments
coming from our customers are of your country’s local currency.

Your wages should be deducted before sending us our 90% after you must have deducted
the 10% which you are entitled to.

The terms governing your appointment must be read and well understood, it’s the e-mail
from us explaining your role as our representative. We cannot guarantee weekly payment
as it all depends on how effective you cash and remit pending payments.

“Note that this is a temporary Notification of appointment; we have placed you on
3months probationary period in which we will confirm your Permanent Employment
after 3 months, a contract of employment will then be sent to you in which your
signature will be required.”

Kindly keep this document for your record; we are delighted to welcome you to our
company.

Employee’s Signature ………………….. Date: 21/06/2008

spiritualhealer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been in contact with this wanker for a few days and he has been insisting that i send the money (once cleared) via money gram, what eva this is. I keep telling him that i dont want to be walking round with that kinda money on me and that i want to see his website this is the responce i get back
Hi ABC,

As i stated in previous e-mails, our website is currently inactive and we will send you our web link as soon as it is active and working correctly.

Secondly, we will not send you payments more than £7000.00 and in this case, we will make arrangements for an account where funds can be paid to.

For anymore queries, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sarah Remington.

any other ideas so i can string him along as much as he has done to me?
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if the money appears on your account, don't touch it spiritualhealer. It's either stolen funds or posted as uncleared.

It depends whether the cheque is forged or a complete fake. Even if you wait a week or a month, and it is then returned unpaid after that time you will be charged back, and if it appears you made use of the funds, you could be prosecuted.

That's why it's best to tell your bank before they tell you. That way you can demonstrate that you are an innocent 'potential' victim and not a criminal associate. Do that and the worst you are likely to suffer is a charge for a bounced cheque.

It's quite a common fraud and worse because you not only lose money but can also end up in trouble with the law.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@spiritualhealer-Reading your post (two above mine)-it appears that you are still in contact with him using your real life details.

STOP ALL CONTACT AND WALK AWAY

Tell him the bank told you it is a fake cheque and then ignore him. If he emails-file it in the trash, if he calls-ignore it. If he keeps calling or emailing you change your email address and/or cellphone number. If he threatens you with legal troubles, the FBI the EFCC or any other agency or govt dept it is all BS-and designed to scare you into paying him your money.

Well done though for speaking to the bank first-that's a lot better than them calling you in for a 'chat'.

As for what you can do now.

Go and sign up for a fastmail account or gmail or hushmail-they all hide your IP, using ALL FAKE DETAILS in no way connected to any part of your real life. Then come back here and sign up for a mentor whilst waiting for Cherrie to 'hook you up' read this little lot. Have a wander round the forums paying close attention to the top of the threads marked Sticky.

Oh and kiss goodbye to a social life... Very Happy

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To expand on what gomer said:

I don't know where you're located, but in the United States Federal Banking laws require that the funds for any deposit be made available to you at a maximum of five business days. This doesn't mean that the check has cleared though. Many people make the mistake of looking in their bank account, seeing that the funds are available, and assuming that the check has cleared. It could take weeks, or even months, for that check to run it's course through the banking system and come back as bad. When that happens, you are on the hook, and you are screwed.

Don't play with this guy. If you have to, tell him that you found out that the check is a bad check, and you have turned it over to the authorities.

Time is the key element here. The scammer will hound and harass you to get the money, as he's up against the clock. He has until the check bounces.

As was pointed out earlier, notify the bank immediately and tell them what is going on. Tell them about the scam, and that you now realize that the check is a bad check. You have (unwittingly) commited a crime in passing bad paper. If you tell the bank right now about it odds are about 100% that they will remove the funds from your account and you won't be in any trouble. The longer you wait the worse it will be.

Yes, some of these bad check lads have the resources to make up some very good web sites that look very professional. Just be thankful that you caught this before it came back and bit you in the butt.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic