SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Slightly long one...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok... I was looking for a flat in a new town and got a reply from a random (not sure how pics will take on this site so won't even try to put the mail on here). I thought it was dodgy straight away as 1) the guy didn't seem to be able to type in English, 2) the pics of the "flat" looked like they were from a catalogue, and not even the same catalogue for all the pics, and 3) the price was way too good for the area.

Anyways, my flatmate urged me to go for it, but I wasn't too convinced. Got some more info out of the guy which just served to prove it was dodgy. So now I've decided to try play along and see if I can get some personal info out of him so I can report him. But I don't know who I should be reporting him to (the flats in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK), anyone got any suggestions?

Reasons it's too dodgy:
1) the guy didn't seem to be able to type in English,
2) the pics of the "flat" looked like they were from a catalogue, and not even the same catalogue for all the pics,
3) the price was way too good for the area,
4) this palace of a flat has arrarently been empty for 2 months (bullshit for that area),
5) he wasn't available the day I was able to view it and won't be until the move in date,
6) he wants a scan of my passport/drivers license (I may have accidently told him I didn't have a scammer to scam my ID in my reply),
7) he wants the deposit and rent by western union, but apparently lives and works between Edinburgh and Newcastle,
Cool his number is restricted from some mobiles.

So as you can see, just too dodgy. But how do I deal with it? I've emailed asking him to meet me in Glasgow as he "apparently" works in Edinburgh and have asked for his lawyers details to discuss the lease but haven't got anything back. Think he's caught on?
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome mgunk Smile

Firstly, if that's your real email address I would drop him and start a new bait from an anonymous email account that's not set up with your real details.
Secondly, it's unlikely that you can get him arrested, he's probably not even in the UK - only the email headers can tell that - and any personal details he gives will be fake.
Perhaps if you could post the email headers we'd be able to get more info.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure all the headers because im not very computer savay, but:

X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jEHjJx36Oi8+Z3TmmkSEdPt3Mi6GgUSv7yYKHQgGfDe+2wCW4LegkYQav29Pp7Mm4E=
Received: from n59.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com ([98.136.44.43]) by bay0-mc5-f8.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668);
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:50:44 -0700
Received: from [216.252.122.218] by n59.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 23 Jun 2008 10:50:44 -0000
Received: from [69.147.65.173] by t3.bullet.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 23 Jun 2008 10:50:44 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp508.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 23 Jun 2008 10:50:44 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-5
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 60747 invoked by uid 60001); 23 Jun 2008 10:50:44 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID;
b=2xtOPn/iuunF3yc77DVtidb24g3ERZFwT9UmYvkI1Pur/d4k+Dqx0oodqw9ls+lHsgPG3khHM9JMjJdEy+BLS5NDEOUA0bOUW/ylWCbc+OXOL8HWpwZalXdurZ8hFscBvLc6CoYxLn7DWidU+P8O/uqary0YGum4F7HEe6hbYro=;
Received: from [204.16.127.114] by web46108.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:50:43 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.7.199

Is that right?

Oh and the latest update... the lawyers details are a gmail address, and thats it.

x
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

***UPDATE***

I contacted the police about this bloke. They got back to me and it turns out some woman has contacted them as she actually paid this guy through western union. But as he's not defrauded me theres nothing I can do. This is really irritating as I wanna do something to him to show him he can't do this kinda thing.

Should I post on the website he originally contacted me through *gumtree.newcastle.com* to try stop other people getting messed about or what?

Help me people! This guy has pissed me off!!!
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The headers say 204.16.127.114 Satellite Provider* which probably means a W. African country. Yes, it's a good idea to notify the site they've got a scammer on board, otherwise there's not much that can be done about him.
You could post the details of the scam including his name and email address on scamwarners, then anyone doing a search will find him.
If you post his email address here, perhaps someone can bait him and maybe get a bank account out of him.
The IP is Bringcom which supply satellite links to W.Africa

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

His email addy is [email protected].

Also, the email addy i got from his for "his lawyer" on the advice of "my solicitor" is [email protected], so someone on here could even preted to be my solicitor and try trip him up that way? I'm trying to get his bank details out of him by saying theres no western union near me, but dunno what I'd do with them haha.

And, wheres the scamwarners things? I pinged off an email to the gumtree modorators but dunno what they could do about it, and i don't wanna pop his stuff on gumtree as a warning if someone i gonna bait him. (btw, if anyone does then please keep me updated)

x
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah... noticed the scamwarners thing up the top. oops
mgunk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's now also got a new alias: jackson brown [email protected]

His english is *slightly* bette, I think he's taking more time on the emails now.

x
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic