SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

That much income?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SuicidalBunny00
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems fishy, I received this e-mail this morning, yet have no idea whether these people are just trying to get my personal info. Help from the forums, possibly?

Quote:
fromGo Star Jobs - Assistant to Sr. V.P. <[email protected]>
reply-to"Go Star Jobs - Assistant to Sr. V.P." <[email protected]>

[email protected]

dateFri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:06 AM
subjectAn Assistant to Sr. V.P. position is available

hide details 5:06 AM (5 hours ago) Reply

[email protected]
Dear Geneva,

I've noticed your exceptional credentials listed on your electronic resume. I believe that you might be a perfect match for an Assistant to Sr. V.P. job opening that I am trying to fill. Your background in the administrative field stands out. I would like to invite you to apply for the position. Some basic information about the opportunity is provided below. The Assistant to the Senior Vice President will be in charge of screening job applicants for a variety of employment categories.

Assistant to Sr. V.P.

$57,600-$68,800: Above Average Salary with growth incentives

Candidates should be self starters with excellent organizational skills. For information about this position and to submit an online application, please click the link below. You may also copy and paste the link into your browser to access the application Web page. This page contains information about what perks are included and what is required of the opening.

http://hrgostarjobs.com/[email protected]
&id=jeksldke1_lil_administrative_06152008_fr&rd=11221&j=13808227

Mod edit - long url broken in half to to prevent blowout - SP

Typically it takes about two business days for your application to be processed. Once complete, one of our HR team members will contact you about your information and to set up your first interview.

Best Regards,
Brittany Harmon
Sr. Recruiter, HR Division

I just need a job, dangit. Lol.
dadeciple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are many companies that get paid a commission to find individuals to fill posistions. They generally spam jobs sites to get people to come to their sites to "apply." It seems that this is the case with this one.

EDIT: I don't think this is a scam but I doubt this individual actually looked at your resume.
dadeciple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know, the actual website is a redirect and it is privately registered. Seems fishy. Maybe a site that collects addresses of people to spam?

EDIT:

Found this using google. Not bad advice.

Quote:

For me the rule of thumb is - if I receive an email promoting jobs, telling me they’ve viewed my resume or anything similar, I steer clear. And if they start sprouting how much money I could make and the fantastic opportunity I want to run away very fast.

There’s a difference between receiving a request from a single client, enquiring about my services and how much it would cost and receiving an email offering me a ‘job’.

I went to the site just to look at it and immediately got a warning (several in fact) from my antispyware/antivirus program that this was a dangerous site to visit. So I decided to do some research via Google and found a chat forum with people discussing this group. Some had joined and were getting jobs but it seems that xxx is actually an employer type company - you get given the work to do and they pay you fortnightly, it doesn’t sound like you actually connect with the client as Virtual Assistants usually do.

The forum seemed to fade out in 2006 and new posts in 2007 were complaints from people who had paid the joining fee but had heard nothing more - last post was in July this year.

So, I’d tread carefully - do your research (I know that’s why you asked on this list) by doing searches on Google or your favourite search engine and see what else you can find.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had something similar, with a group called careers @ bluelineemployment.com. I'm not sure where exactly they got my resume from, as I'm on several job-hunting sites. The position sounds similar, though, and the organization appears to be based in Florida. I have told them to quit contacting me, as I get the same email again and again, even though I have followed their link and filled out their application already. Even if it's a legitimate operation, their lack of professionalism underwhelms me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic