SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Does this sound like a scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Madd Max
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i made a profile on the dating72 site and got a message in minutes. her profile said she lived in the US. i replied to her message with the following simple email:
I received your message to email you. Why dont you tell me a bit about yourself?

Max.

now i'm guessing it's a scam because someone in the us would probably have better english skills. here is her email:

Hello Max! I am pleased, thank you for contacting me. I hope you have
time to send me some messages and we could to learn each other.
well... Now about me though you already know a little from my profile.
I am 28 years old, my nickname is Matur, but the truth, it only
friends name me so. I was never married I live in a apartment of my
parents. I have good job. I work as as the teacher at school. I teach
mathematics for grown-ups and for younger teenagers. It is very
difficult work, but i like it. Here at work are good collective, I
work with good people. most of them my friends. Tell to me about the
work. Do you like your work? I also like to travel and i like new
different places, but my work does not allow me to travel often. I
have many friends, we spent time together, usually we go to the cafe
to the movie to the concerts, we have many other entertainment. Also I
prefer healthy style of a life. 2-3 times in week I visit the gym (and
sometimes it is less :^) ) I hold my body in the healthy form. And you
have any sports in the life now? Tell to me. I send you my pictures i
hope you like. Also i want that you send to me some your pictures. And
tell about you about your interesting things what you like to do, your
hobby, what your character? I hope we shall have time for writing
other interesting letters to each other. We shall look what will be...
Write to me, I shall wait your letter.
Your friend Matur.

the profile that i have up states that max rockatansky is a location scout for a major hollywood film studio and spends most of his time traveling seeking new film locations. when he isnt traveling he is either at his apartment in nyc or at his "compund" in broken hill australia (where they filmed the road warrior). so this can just be some ruskie gold digger.

heres the header:
Delivered-To: [email protected] [removed your email to prevent searching -- JMR]
Received: by 10.125.143.4 with SMTP id v4cs3329mkn;
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.114.146.1 with SMTP id t1mr1126488wad.30.1213808942737;
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from n55.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com (n55.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com [98.136.44.188])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id d20si11144260waa.37.2008.06.18.10.09.00;
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 98.136.44.188 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.136.44.188;
DomainKey-Status: good (test mode)
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 98.136.44.188 as permitted sender) [email protected]; domainkeys=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [216.252.122.218] by n55.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 18 Jun 2008 17:09:00 -0000
Received: from [68.142.237.87] by t3.bullet.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 18 Jun 2008 17:08:59 -0000
Received: from [216.252.110.140] by t3.bullet.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 18 Jun 2008 17:08:59 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp210.mail.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 18 Jun 2008 17:08:59 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 40810 invoked from network); 18 Jun 2008 17:08:59 -0000

DomainKey-Signature:Deleted - Blowout

Received: from unknown (HELO 207.24.pppoe.mari-el.ru) ([email protected] with plain)

by smtp115.plus.mail.re1.yahoo.com with SMTP; 18 Jun 2008 17:08:54 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:08:52 +0400
X-Mailer: The Bat! (v3.51.10) Professional
Reply-To: matur <[email protected]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: "Maxwell Rockatansky" <[email protected]> [removed your email to prevent searching -- JMR]
Subject: I thank for the letter.
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="----------761D522B291EFF86"

------------761D522B291EFF86
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
do you think this is a scam or just some extremely desperate woman?
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a scam. Just do a search on her email to you -- you'll see that format all over...

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a vlad. Check out the headers and you'll see it leads straight to Yoshkar-Ola.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great! My First Scam! lets see what she could possibly want from a jetsetting and remarkably dashing gentleman such as max! i'm guessing it'll be some time until "she" starts asking for stuff.

I noticed the edits you made to the headers. i will remember that in the future. sorry for the mistake.
Tasman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The piece of string that is the script can vary. Some bore you to tears some just fall in love at the third email.

Keep us informed and good luck!

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With other commitments, I haven't baited a Vlad in a while, but that looks like an exceptionally good script for a vlad, without looking at the headers, I have no doubt it is a vlads script but there are not too many obvious mistakes in there.

I will see if I can pick some

Quote:
Hello Max! I am pleased Note the exclaimation mark and who starts an email with I am pleased? , thank you for contacting me. I hope you have time to send me some messages and we could to learn each other. well... Now about me though you already know a little from my profile.
I am 28 years old, my nickname is Matur, but the truth, it only friends name me so. the "it" is a huge give away as is name me so I was never married I live in a apartment of my
parents.
I have good job. I work as as the teacher at school. I teach mathematics for grown-ups and for younger teenagers. It is very
difficult most native english speaking people would say hard work, but i like it. Here at work are good collective, I
work with good people. most of them my friends. Tell to me about the work. Do you like your work? I also like to travel and i like new different places, but my work does not allow me to travel often. I
have many friends, we spent time together, usually we go to the cafe
to the movie to the concerts, we have many other entertainment. Also I prefer healthy style of a life as they always do, how do you think they stay looking like models. 2-3 times in week I visit the gym You haven't had a girl in a while, you may be a little down on yourself,(absolutely no pun intended) next minute this girl with a great body is writing to you, your mates have been teasing you for a while about how long it has been, a nice healthy fit girl would show up those mates who have been teasing you and sometimes it is less :^) ) I hold my body in the healthy form.Just to get that mental picture going a little more And you have any sports in the life now? You can answer any way you like to this question, tell her you are a fat lazy slob and enjoy sitting on the lounge eating Pizza and drinking beer, watching those exercise shows (imagine Professor So and So's Avatar) with your mates and scoring each others farts, you will still get the same next script Tell to me. I send you my pictures i hope you like. Also i want that you send to me some your pictures just tell her you did send it or you dont know how, it will most likely pass without having to send one. And
tell about you about your interesting things again, you can safely ignore this, typical question what you like to do, your hobby, what your character? I hope we shall have time for writing other interesting letters to each other. Write to me, We shall look what will be... I shall wait your letter.
Your friend Matur.

I have bolded the Vladish bits, and my comments are blue, it's great what a translater can do combined with a spell check, unfortunate, but many men are just in the right frame of mind for the vlad to hook the claws right in with that script, and even the spelling is another clue, who has so many phrases wrong with so few spelling mistakes?

Oh if you are wondering, about the answer, a Russian who has used an english spell check combined with a translater.

Wink

Oh, I only picked out the obvious (to seasoned baiters) ones, theres a few more subtle hints in there.

It doesn't take long to pick it up, eventually, you will even learn to write like them Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic