SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

About to get scammed....?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
brownie1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was selling a PSP and this guy offered me $500 for it.

"It's my pleasure to contact you.I'm interested in your item(**************************)which you displayed on the eBay site and i will love to place my bid on these item but due to the nature of my job here in Australia could not permit me of bidding it my self.Wish i can do all this myself but due to my workload as a professional doctor here in State,i won't have the time to do all this due to the nature of my job. I want to get it for my daughter in Nigeria as a Congratulatory wedding gift for her up coming wedding engagement.however,kindly get back to me if it is still available in a good condition at([email protected])for more negotiations,so that I can send out the payment immediately via PayPal or Bank Transfer, because they are fast and reliable and secure with no stress of all payments. I am offering you AU $500.00 for this item plus the shipping and handling cost.Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.Thanks and God Bless"

The stars had the name of my item and i took it out just in case.

I ended the item early and he had bidded for it.

Im not sure what to do now. I guess im just waiting to see what happens. is there anything i can do to scam him as he is trying to scam me? or do something to waste his time?
Dr.R.Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam, scam, scam. Drop communication with him immediately.

(On a side note, don't ever end an eBay auction early - you won't get any protection at all if things go bad.)

And I'm sure someone will be along in a sec with more useful feedback for you. Smile Also, welcome to the site!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i ended it early with him winning the bid so im guessing ebay will still protect me. But should i just re-list the item and ignore him?
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam, scam, scammity scam scam-a-doodle-ding-dong.

Regardless of where you read it, it's a scam attempt if you read the following words: Urgently, Send payment immediately, Risk free, Contact my agent/secretary/assistant, Wire transfer, Utmost Confidential, and many others.

I won't make mention of any countries' names, but I really don't have to now do I? Shocked
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It IS true that semi literate Australian doctors are specifically forbidden from using eBay but on balance I'd say scam too Very Happy

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would block him from bidding on your items (eBay has a blocking feature), relist the item and tell him to bug off, nicely of course.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic