SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

They show up everywhere

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, everyone. I'm new here - this is my first post!

I've been reading threads that are just absolutely side-splitting. Wish I had the creativity (and the guts) to pull a bait off.

I got an email from a man on a "Christian" dating site. Note this is the only contact I have had from anyone. I don't know whether to be upset or chuffed that the only man who finds me interesting is possibly a scammer.

Here are some of the details in his profile:

Quote:
Describe the kind of person you would like to meet on <dating site>
I'm a Christian and i will like to met someone who trusts God with their life,Honesty,Caring,Respectful, and someone who love kids very much as well, even if their not her real kids..

Where were you born and what kind of education did you have?
i was born and raise up in Australia and i have live in Germany about 10 months, but here in New York i have been here for 4 yrs now...

Finally - your chance to get really creative by telling us about something you're passionate about!!
I'm 5'8 tall,I have salt and paper hair,blue eyes, and I'm Gentlemen, family oriented, love to please the chosen women, respectful, honest, reliable, cheerful,sensitive and loyal...

I have also dealt with probable scammers on a dating site for people with disabilities. I was chatting with one man (private investigator from Pittsburg in West Africa on assignment) until he asked me if I owned my own home. I told him I'm on disability and can barely pay the rent on my tiny apartment plus food and utilities. Strange - I never heard from him again.

Anyway - I love this site!

Ti
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the madhouse Laughing

You'll find scammers will appear like roaches wherever people gather. No place is safe from them. They don't care what the site is as long as they think they can find a victim there.

Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Titania. Let me be the first to welcome you to Eater. As you will no doubt hear and read many times, read the stickies, ask for a mentor and bait safe. If you plan to continue romance/love baiting, I would strongly recommend reading the Romance Baiting FAQ sticky at the top of this section.

EDIT: In after Wayne by 1 minute.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good job spotting a lad. I'm a former English teacher, so I zero in on the grammar. I highlighted in red the perfect examples of scammer grammar.

Titania wrote:
I'm a Christian and i will like to met someone who trusts God with their life,Honesty,Caring,Respectful, and someone who love kids very much as well, even if their not her real kids..

i was born and raise up in Australia and i have live in Germany about 10 months, but here in New York i have been here for 4 yrs now...

I'm 5'8 tall,I have salt and paper hair,blue eyes, and I'm Gentlemen, family oriented, love to please the chosen women, respectful, honest, reliable, cheerful,sensitive and loyal...

Notice how he's also trying to appeal to every woman as a dream guy. I wonder why so few of them post their height below 6 feet, though? Don't most American women go for tall guys?

If you're not going to bait this guy, post up his email address and let some of us at him. Twisted Evil

Oh and WELCOME!

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, this site does not give details like private email addresses. (Standard for most sites I've been on.) I just wonder if I should report him to the moderators of that site.

It's amazing how many 6-foot tall men weigh 75 pounds. (Result of not noticing that they are clicking on the "pounds" chart and not the "kg" chart.)
Ti
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What's the name of the Christian dating site? I'll join with one of my many personalities. Laughing

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
daTrix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even though many seemed to post their heights below 6 ft, many do post that they have "blue eyes" What gives?
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This lad has "white blonde" hair and blue eyes. Maybe he's albino? (I did see an albino African-American in San Francisco, and he had blue eyes.)

I really get a kick out of the "native Americans" with blond hair and blue eyes.

The dating site is Fusion 101, and this lad says he is in "Central United States" in New York state.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I snagged another one on Fusion 101. This purported Australian religious lecturer doesn't know to put a space after the full stops (periods), he lost his wife and 2 children in a "tragic" (his quotes, BTW) car accident in 2005 (common thread with love scammers, I've found), and he's looking for a "God-fearing" woman (another common phrase).

He helpfully gives his yahoo addy.

Quote:
I believe a relationship between a man and woman should be based on faithfulness, sincerity, mutual understanding and responsibility. I need love, caring and warmth.I need a strong, kind and caring woman beside me. if you are the one please don't be scared to mail me. ([email protected]).

I'm not set up to bait yet, nor do I have the confidence to do it with flair. Besides, his message was to my real profile on the site. So, have at him, if you wish to, ladies and gentlemen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic