SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Half of Nigeria’s cyber cafes shut down

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.businessdayonline.com/national/10702.html

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure the countless broken screens and resulting repair costs from mugus banging their heads on them had something to do with it. Shocked

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice find strongside-made my day that has. Very Happy

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"Two years ago, there were about 3,000 cyber cafes in Lagos alone. Now, there are less than 500."

Hopefully the scammers have not moved to their homes. The cyber cafe owners mention bandwidth costs as a factor. Lets send more TIFF files. Laughing

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In 1999 there were only 100,000 internet users in Nigeria.
In 2007 there were 8,000,000. (less than 6% of the population)

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the President of Nigeria Internet Group wrote:
consumers are not willing to pay higher than N70 per hour for Internet access

Scammers are called "consumers"? Shocked

I know, I know not all consumers at internet cafes are scammers. Cool

I personally would have liked the sentence to have said this:
Quote:
<strike>consumers</strike> scammers are not willing to pay higher than N70 per hour for Internet access
Wink

I'm not xenophobic, I am just ParaNoid... Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like lads will have to find alternate Internet access to perpetrate their scams.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know what time these cafes close down? It's almost ten pm where I am and I'm still getting mail trickling in from Lagos IPs.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of these cafes run 24 hours, though the nighttime action is sometimes surreptitious. I've had lads who routinely emailed during the midnight to 6AM time period in Lagos, I'm sure they were taking advantage of discounted rates during the dead hours.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not good news at all. Evil or Very Mad

Past president of cyber cafe operators' association wrote:
The major problems of cyber cafes is that the telcos (telephone companies) are bundling Internet access with their services, which is quite legal. Some of them offer plug-and-play Internet for up to four computers for their customers in their homes and this can come far cheaper than what the cyber cafes charge and with greater convenience.

Any lad with half a brain is going to realise that he's less likely to get arrested when scamming from home rather than with loads of other lying scumbags in a cafe. Add that to the cost and convenience, and all the lads are going to move out of cafes if they can afford the PC or laptop.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you're right there Eight. I expect the first major purchase any self respecting lad makes on his first successful scam, is home internet connection and a swish laptop.

This has probably got more to do with cyber cafes losing customers than any other reason. What thief in his right mind would want to mingle with other crims?

They are safe at home, and the price of laptops has absolutely tumbled over the last year. So much so, that some industry analysts are predicting the end of desktops.

Either that, or we can expect a return to snail mail. They ain't going away. I'm getting more lad mail in my catcher account than ever. Shocked

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The same happened in the uk, most internet cafes sprung up - the net became more feasible at home and they closed down again.

One thing - its not so bad if the lads move into homes - homes are more likely to be traceable as the internet cafes might use sat connections the homes will use more and more cable options thus the pesky lads will be even easier to catch.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic