SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

There comes a time when it has to end (2000 miles ridden)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I rode over to Polegate today via Pevensey and Stone Cross, I didn't realise it was going to be so hilly around there, I thought it would be flat like Pevensey is.

My legs were still sore from yesterday after having those 5 days off, so I was regretting it a bit when I saw the first hill, and another, eventually, I got to the entrance to the Cuckoo Trail, now that I know where that is, I am setting myself a little challenge for July, which is, ride the 15 and a half miles to the Cuckoo Trail, ride the 22 miles of the trail, and then ride home agin for a round trip of 53 miles, I have plenty of time to increase my mileage before then to train for it, I'll make sure I do it on a calm day as it was terrible coming back today, wind in the face all the way back, log for today:

May 23rd

Top speed 31.5 mph (long downhill road)
Avg speed = 13.0 mph
Distance = 32.12 miles
Time 02:28:09

Pulse before ride = 60 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 106 bpm's 6:45pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 92 bpm's 6:55pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 88 bpm's 7:05pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 80 bpm's 7:45pm

Total miles ridden = 774.14

[edit]

I took 3 photos showing the start of the Cuckoo Trail today, the information sign is the start and the track is right next to it, not sure where the one with the steps goes to, I could have gone along the track a bit, but I thought I would leave it for another time:

[edit]

I meant to post this before, my new site for logging my rides and progress: www.oldgitonabike.info Very Happy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took a nice leisurly ride over to Sovereign Harbour in Eastbourne and the surrounding area today, it was my longest ride so far. It's a nice looking harbour and housing development they have over there, I was surprised by the size of the place, I would have taken more photos, but my damn camera batteries ran out Mad, I'll upload the few I did take, later on, log for today:

May 24th: No riding, very gusty, winds up to around 30mph

May 25th

Top speed 24.8 mph (flat cycle path & road)
Avg speed = 12.9 mph
Distance = 35.30 miles
Time 02:43:16

Pulse before ride = 64 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 110 bpm's 8:35pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 94 bpm's 8:45pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 88 bpm's 8:55pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = (I'll edit it in later) bpm's 9:35pm

Total miles ridden = 809.44

[edit]

The view from Sovereign Harbour beach with Bexhill On Sea in the distance:

A small yacht entering the outer harbour with the new housing development in the background:

One of 2 old Martello towers on the beach here, both are in a state of disrepair Sad:

Same one again with the bike in shot:

The Sovereign Harbour yacht club with Eastbourne Lifeboat station behind it:

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't been out for the last 2 days, the weather has been pretty lousy around here a lot of the time, very windy at times and raining, today was also blowing a gale up to around 30mph, but it's dropped considerably this evening, so, I had a chance to get out and do a few miles along the promenade, hopefully, I can get out for 30+ miles tomorrow, depending on the weather, log for tonight:

May 26th & 27th: No riding, lousy weather

May 28th

Top speed 23.6 mph (flat cycle path)
Avg speed = 14.8 mph
Distance = 10.33 miles
Time 41:52:5

Pulse before ride = 58 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 96 bpm's 11:01pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 80 bpm's 11:11pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 78 bpm's 11:21pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 72 bpm's 12:01am

Total miles ridden = 819.77

Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SP have you thought of entering a cross country race.

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Strongside, yes, I'm thinking about doing something like that next year when I am proper fit, not sure if I would like to a long cross country event or a long road race type event, not to be in it to be competetive, just to be able to finish for my own personal goal.

Just in from my ride, this was my longest yet at just over 43 miles, bloody lovely weather today, could have done at least another 10 miles, my legs felt fresh as anything, but I had no water left for the last hour or so of the ride, so I had to head home as I was thirsty.

Where I've missed several days riding over the last week or so due to my mum being over and the bad weather, I put a few of pounds in weight back on, I was 12 stone 8 and pounds before my ride today, when I got back, I was 12 stone and 1 pound Shocked, of course, that will be mostly through sweat loss, but I was quite shocked to see that much dropped on a ride, I'm now re-hydrating, my stomach feels a bit cramp like at the moment.

I went just beyond Eastbourne pier at a nice leisurely pace, then a couple of coppers on mountain bikes stopped me and said there is no riding allowed on the promenade, so I stopped there, took a few photos and headed back, I'll post a few photos later on, log for today:

May 29th: No riding, it rained through the afternoon and I just couldn't be bothered in the evening

May 30th

Top speed 29.7 mph (long downhill road)
Avg speed = 13.7 mph
Distance = 43.17 miles
Time 03:07:49

Pulse before ride = 66 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 102 bpm's 8:45pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 92 bpm's 8:55pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 84 bpm's 9:05pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 90 bpm's 9:45pm (pulse increased a bit)

Total miles ridden = 862.94

[edit]

Some photos from aong my ride today, these are not the clearest, that's due to me taking them on the macro settingwhich I had been using to take close up shots of bees and flowers, then forgot to change the setting for these shots:

View of the beach and Eastbourne pier:

Looking in the opposite direction:

Another Martello tower with the bike and the pier in the distance:

3 random shots of Sovereign harbour in Eastbourne:

2 shots of a river down an off road lane close to Pevensey:

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just caught up with your bike thread SP.

I'm sure you keep track, but look how far you've come since you started.
Don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet. I jumped from page 6 to here as I don't have time to read the whole thread right now.

Quote:

Before:
Top speed 19.9 mph
Avg speed = 9.2 mph
Distance = 3.61 miles
Time 24:07:09

Pulse before ride = 72 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 138 bpm's 3:30pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 108 bpm's 3:40pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 102 bpm's 3:50pm
Pulse 65 minutes later = 94 bpm's 4:35pm

After:
Top speed 29.7 mph
Avg speed = 13.7 mph
Distance = 43.17 miles
Time 03:07:49

Pulse after ride = 102 bpm's 8:45pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 92 bpm's 8:55pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 84 bpm's 9:05pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 90 bpm's 9:45pm

Total miles ridden = 862.94

Improvement right across the board. Very Happy Keep going.

Those photos remind me of the year I spent as a lad living in Hastings.
Weekend trips to Fairlight, Pevensey Bay and Rye.
Loved it.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Windypops, yeah mate, I'm coming along nicely with the cycling, it gets easier with each ride, I can feel in my body the progress I have made, the lungs feel so much better and recover quicker when I get out of breath, I can ride so much longer, I get out of the saddle and climb up hills/inclines now, only a couple of months ago I couldn't have done that and would be knackered, it still find it tiring, but no way near as much and I recover quicker, so it's all good, I will keep setting myself new targets to achieve until I am the fittest that I can possibly get.

I missed all the good cycling weather on Saturday and Sunday, I was sick as a dog all weekend with my stomach ulcers killing me, then I felt too weak to go out yesterday after hardly eating anything over the weekend due to said ulcers and stomach acid. I felt ok to get out tonight and really pushed myself harder, after not being out for a few days, the old legs were hurting after 3.5 miles, but doing some sprints soon sorted that out, I was keeping the pace pretty high and averaged 15mph for the 11 miles, I'm very pleased with that as it's the best average speed I have done when doing my 10 miles or so night rides, the best previous was 14.9mph.

The weather forecast is supposed to be low winds tomorrow, so I am going to try to go beyond Eastbourne and reach the top of Beachy Head further down the coast, that should be about a 50 mile or so round trip.

I am starting a set routine for June onwards, which is to do at least one 50 - 60 mile ride per week and add 5 miles to the distance every 2 weeks, or sooner if I feel I can do it sooner, gradually increasing the distance over several months until I can hopefully hit the 100 mile mark for a single ride, that's my goal, the other rides in the week will be around 30 - 40 miles, and night rides of between 10 - 15 miles used as speed sessions.

May 31st & Jun 1st & Jun 2nd: No riding, I was sick with my ulcers over the weekend and didn't feel like riding yesterday

Jun 3rd

Top speed 24.2 mph (flat cycle path)
Avg speed = 15.0 mph
Distance = 11.06 miles
Time 44:11:4

Pulse after ride = 116 bpm's 11:14pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 90 bpm's 11:24pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 82 bpm's 11:34pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 74 bpm's 12:14am

Total miles ridden = 874.00

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your eating habits suck! Mad

SP, ulcers can kill ya if not treated and how can it get better on its own. Confused

Taking meds on an empty stomach is a big no no and I think that is what you are doing. I don't take advil without a cracker or something.

What good is all the riding if something else takes ya? Sad

Edit: Found this,

Quote:

Ask the experts

Q: My husband has been diagnosed with a stomach ulcer. He is currently taking medication. Can you please advise what foods he should avoid? (Male, 35)

A: Stomach ulcers occur when the stomach lining becomes damaged. If left untreated, patients can suffer pain. Sometimes an untreated ulcer can become a stomach perforation. Medication can help heal the ulcer. An antibiotic may be needed, as a bacteria may trigger a stomach ulcer. No foods are known to be directly associated with ulcers but it is important to engage in a healthy and balanced diet. Smoking can lead to ulcers so it is important to stop smoking. Certain medications, such as anti-inflammatory drugs, can also lead to ulcers so these should be avoided. More information about stomach ulcers can be found on the Better Health Channel website.

More:

http://www.mamashealth.com/stomach/uldiet.asp

Edit: Didn't mean to sound like an old mother hen.

Carry on................ Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Corona, I'm eating alright at the moment, that's not the cause of the ulcer pains, I have had them for years, I get a lot of excess acid every now and again which plays havoc with them.

I didn't get to do my long ride today, the wind was blowing fairly hard, gusting up to 20mph from the west, meaning I would have been riding in to it all the way to Beachy Head, and I didn't fancy a battle with the wind after having had those days off over the weekend, I would try again tomorrow as it's supposed to be a very low wind, but it's my boys 7th birthday tomorrow as well, and finding a suitable time time to get out will be awkward, anyway, I just had a run over to the end of Bexhill and along the promenade here, log for tonight:

Jun 4th

Top speed 26.2 mph (cycle path & road)
Avg speed = 14.4 mph
Distance = 14.65 miles
Time 01:00:49

Pulse after ride = 102 bpm's 10:03pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 86 bpm's 10:13pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 80 bpm's 10:23pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 74 bpm's 11:03pm

Total miles ridden = 888.65

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK OK! Very Happy

You have done remarkable at 888.65 miles. Cool

BTW, I have been logged into eater all day and have not been here for 7 hours. Embarassed

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have to eat and drink properly. Losing all that weight during a ride is not good at all. If your pee as any tinge of yellow in it you are dehydrated. Very nice photos SP. If you can stop for photos, you can stop and refill your water bottles. Talking about photos, those were some nice photos you posted up. I always carry a camera also. This week I used it to photograph a mated pair of birds I had never seen before. It drove me crazy. I went though every field guide and then my master catalog. Having a grainy photo actually made it even more maddening. This is not my photo, but a photo of the actual birds. Egyptian geese on the Pacific Rim. Talk about on safari.

Edit- Passport? What the heck?

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Connie, I have added a second water bottle cage to my bike so I can take more liquids with me, and yes, my passport is sometimes yellow Laughing. Nice photo, I have not seen many birds worth taking a photo of yet, I have startled a couple of herons in roadside streams, but they are gone in a shot, I did take a photo of a cow and some calves today Laughing, and and old church I pass on my trips, I only noticed today that it was the first Norman church built in the UK in around 1090, I took a few shots of it, I'll post them later.

I went out today with the intention of doing the long ride, but the bloody head wind was doing me in right from the start, so much for the forecast low winds, it felt worse than yesterday, by the time I got to Pevensey, I'd had enough of it, so I started making my way in the opposite direction towards Battle as I hadn't been along that road before, I got a fair bit along the road before turning back to the Pevensey roundabout and headed home from there, got my 30 miles in anyway, that will do for now, tomorrow is another day, log for today:

Jun 5th

Top speed 28.3 mph (cycle path & steep road)
Avg speed = 13.6 mph
Distance = 30.68 miles
Time 02:14:56

Pulse after ride = 100 bpm's 9:00pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 86 bpm's 9:10pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 78 bpm's 9:20pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = (I'll edit it in later) bpm's 10:00pm

Total miles ridden = 919.33

[edit]

Some photos from todays ride, the original 11th century entrance to St Mary church in the village of Westham, East sussex:

4 other shots showing side view, another doorway added at a later stage and a shots of the tower:

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today was the day I rode 50 miles for the firs time Cool, but it wasn't as nice as it could have been, there had been none of the forecast light showers all day, so of I went out for my ride, I got half way along the back roads to Pevensey and the heavens opened up, it only lasted a few minutes, still got me pretty wet, though, soon dried off and I reached Eastbourne.

At the end of the Eastbourne seafront, is the rise up to Beachy Head, I didn't realise it was so steep, it's a grassed slope with a narrow worn track on it from hikers walking up it, no way it can be ridden up, I'm not sure why, but I was expecting something with a gradual slope, I couldn't be bothered pushing the bike up it, so I went along a road thinking that must bring me out somewhere near the top, and so it did, except it was like climbing a road in the Alps, constant zig zagging climb, got there after having to stop about 4 times for breathers and I then had a mile to travel from the top to Beachy Head, it was well worth it in the end, I took quite a few photos up there whilst standing near the cliff edge, which as you may or may not know, is a notorious suicide spot, I was getting vertigo and the wobbles just looking over the edge, reminding myself to throw myself backwards if I happened to go forward Laughing.

I spent about 20 minutes at the top, the wind was howling and then the blackness descended upon me once again, the clouds let rip with all they had, it got pretty cold and the raindrops where huge and falling hard, I was completely drenched, it ruined my ride back down the hill to Eastbourne, which I was looking forward to, on the way down I had to stop a couple of times, my eyes were stinging so much from the rain and the spray kicking up in to my face from my front wheel, it was blinding, the clouds then headed off out to sea and it dried up as I got further along the coast, I'll post some photos later on, tomorrow will eaither be a rest day, or I might do s speed session in the evening, but for now, log for today:

Jun 6th

Top speed 30.1 mph (cycle path & steep road)
Avg speed = 13.5 mph
Distance = 50.20 miles
Time 03:42:55

Pulse before ride = 62 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 96 bpm's 8:47pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 90 bpm's 8:57pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 78 bpm's 9:07pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 80 bpm's 9:47pm

Total miles ridden = 969.53

[edit]

Some photos from the ride, they didn't come out great this time, no idea why.

Towards the end of Eastbourne promenade:

Bottom of the slope that leads to Beachy Head and the South Downs Way, it's actually a lot steeper than the photo shows:

After taking the long zig zagging uphill road, it brings you out here, photo of Eastbourne in the distance, this spot is 1 mile from Beachy Head:

Shot of the downs heading towards Seaford and Brighton etc:

Ahhh, there at last:

Commerorative plaque:

Shots of the sea:

The photos don't do it justice, it's a great view from here, one hell of a drop:

And on my way back through Sovereign Harbour, I spotted a Great Cormorant:

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Great Karnack predicts--1K mile mark broken on the next ride. Watch for it here. I just bought a 40-150mm zoom lens for birding photos today. I have not decided if I risk riding with it and a digital SLR this coming week. The visiting bird population is max'ed out right now. The amazing numbers and diversity may make me want to risk it.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a bit sore the day after my 50 mile ride, so I had a rest day on the 7th, I didn't get a chance to go out on the 8th at all, had to look after my kid during the day and had to strip my computer down in the evening as it kept switching itself off, all the fans were covered in dust and cats hairs, that comes from having 3 cats and having the builders here at the moment, dust everywhere, seems to be working fine again now anyway.

Normal service resumed today, I went for a ride over to Pevensey, then towards Battle, back to pevensey and home, did just enough to get me over the 1000 miles ridden mark Cool, I'll probably do a long ride again tomorrow, maybe head past Eastbourne towards Newhaven, log for today:

Jun 7th & Jun 8th: No riding, one rest day and the other day had stuff to do

Jun 9th

Top speed 28.5 mph (cycle path & road)
Avg speed = 14.0 mph
Distance = 32.58 miles
Time 02:19:37

Pulse before ride = 62 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 104 bpm's 8:49pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 88 bpm's 8:59pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 84 bpm's 9:09pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 78 bpm's 9:49pm

Total miles ridden = 1002.11

[edit]

A breakdown of how many miles per month I have been riding since the start:

February = 34.69 miles
March = 197.93 miles
April = 286.61 miles
May = 343.63 miles
June = 139.17 miles so far this month

Total = 1002.03 (must have hit a wrong key on the calculator as it's 1002.11)

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jump_4_joy

Nice pics, next time look for some more darn flowers. Laughing

YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on reaching 1000 miles!

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on a most serious milestone. clapping Keep riding.

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1,000 miles! You are inspiring many members here, SP. Nice pictures, too. Keep going. Very Happy clapping Thumbs up

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers all, it's been hard work at time, but it's getting easier now.

I got another long ride in today, went to the top of Beachy Head again, then took a long downhill road further along the coast to Birling Gap, it was quite a fast descent, I was fast approaching 40mph when I hit a bit of rough road and I felt a lot of vibrating, I thought the forks might fall of, so I slowed down at that point Laughing, Birling Gap is a tiny place, but it has great views of the Seven Sisters cliffs further along, wish I could have taken a photo, but the sun was very low and it was very hazy today. The climb back up the road to Beachy Head was a right bugger, not massively steep, just a very long constant climb, I had to stop several times, anyway, log for today:

Jun 10th

Top speed 36.0 mph (long hill down from Beachy Head)
Avg speed = 13.3 mph
Distance = 50.05 miles
Time 03:45:01
Pulse before ride = 68 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 96 bpm's 9:36pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 84 bpm's 9:46pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 80 bpm's 9:56pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 80 bpm's 10:36pm

Total miles ridden = 1052.16

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just in from a run over to Bexhill, I didn't really feel like going out as my thighs were still sore from yesterday, also, the climbing around Beachy Head must have taken more out of my lungs than I thought, because they were pretty tight when I first went out tonight, took about 2 - 3 miles for them to open up properly, I felt ok after that. Rain is forecast for some time tomorrow, I'll try and get a ride over to Pevensey or Battle in at some point, log for tonight:

Jun 11th

Top speed 25.2 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 14.1 mph
Distance = 12.63 miles
Time 53:32:6

Pulse after ride = 92 bpm's 10:54pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 78 bpm's 11:04pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 70 bpm's 11:14pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 68 bpm's 11:54pm

Total miles ridden = 1064.79

eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're doing well, I'll keep an eye out for you on my travels now that you're getting over this way.
I've just got back onto a bike after a 15 year layoff (injuries/children etc) and I'm enjoying it, or at least I was until my bike comitted suicide this week, forcing me to buy a new one.

If you happen to overtake a fat lad on a red bike around Eastbourne on your travels, it's probably me; I'll either have a MP3 player in my ears or be following my boy, also on a red bike.

Keep it up.

get your baiting forms here
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Eamonn, glad to hear you are riding again after a long time not doing it, make sure you make it a regular thing, best thing I ever did was start riding again, what new bike did you get? I'll keep an eye out for you when I around Eastbourne way Very Happy

The weather wasn't great yesterday, it rained a few times and then it was black clouds for most of the rest of the day, didn't fancy chancing getting a soaking, so I gave it a miss, had a little run out this evening, log for tonight:

Jun 12th: No riding, rained a few times followed by black clouds all day

Jun 13th

Top speed 21.7 mph (flat cycle path)
Avg speed = 14.8 mph
Distance = 11.34 miles
Time 45:40:7

Pulse before ride = 60 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 100 bpm's 11:09pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 80 bpm's 11:19pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 76 bpm's 11:29pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 74 bpm's 12:09am

Total miles ridden = 1076.13

eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a cheapo Halfords jobbie. I figure that if I get into it, then I'll spend a few hundred on something decent but knowing what I'm like, It's entirely possible that the bike sees one summer and gets put in the garage for another 15 years.
I think I've finally got the gears adjusted properly and I might go out for a wee trundle later. The trouble with Eastbourne is that half of it is flat and half of it is hilly. I live in the hilly part Sad

get your baiting forms here
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't fancy riding yesterday, it was pretty windy most of the time, watching cyclists struggle by outside my window was enough for me to give it a miss. Didn't get out during the day today, I was dragged out on a stroll around the area instead, then after that, I was going out and then it poured down as I was getting ready, typical, in the end, the sun came back out later on, and I went for a run over to my 8 mile point on the Pevensey back road, and home again:

Jun 14th: No riding, far too windy for my liking

Jun 15th

Top speed 28.7 mph (cycle path & steep road)
Avg speed = 14.6 mph
Distance = 16.12 miles
Time 01:06:06

Pulse before ride = 68 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 96 bpm's 8:12pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 80 bpm's 8:22pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 76 bpm's 8:32pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = (I'll edit it in later) bpm's 9:12pm

Total miles ridden = 1092.25

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic