SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help Please

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gold Owl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My company has recently been used in a scam email. The scam email is being listed on the following site: http://repository.izone.me.uk/ but there does not seem to be any sort of contact us option available on this site. Does anyone know who runs it and if so how I can get in touch with them? There is a link to this site on that site. I would really appreciate this as this site with the scam warning is coming up in our google results which doesn't look good.

Many thanks.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The repository site belong to one of our members called, Formula-T, you can send him a PM about it from their profile, here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5831

[edit]

Actually, you might not be able to get in touch with them quickly, their profile shows that they have not visited the forum since Mar 18, 2008, send them a PM anyway and they will get it next time they visit.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forwarded your message along to formula-t as he hasn't been on eater in a while.

However, in most cases, scam artists will just use the name of an existing company with alternative contact details to carry out their scam. In those cases it's actually extremely useful to keep scam emails, with names of specific companies included, as a repository to warn potential victims who go a-googling that the message they have received is really a scam. Many small companies who find their names adopted by such scammers find it most effective to place a clear and concise warning on their own web pages. After all, any company is potentially at risk, and scammers have a multitude of possible real companies to choose from. If your company is legit, I'm sure the appearance on a scam format will not be a major detriment to your business.

It's a different story if a legitimate email from your company, or containing all of your details as if you had sent the scam, appears in the repository. In such cases you may need to convince the owner that indeed you are a legitimate organization rather than a scammer trying to get his format removed from the list (such things do happen).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic