SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should I contact a scammer's victim

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tommy the Horse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the past three months I have been baiting scammer and sending him on several mini safaris He has grown tired of this as I "have been causing him great stress and pine and he got assault five time", he now wants me to send money to to someone else who he claims is his girlfriend. He sent me her name address and telephone number and after a quick search about Google I found what seems to be her Bebo page and I suspect that she has fallen for a romance scam by the same scammer I currently have hooked.

Should I give her a call and let her know that her 'boyfriend' is a scammer or should I leave her alone?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please post that on scamwarners.com and one of the warners there will contact her.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a question, but is it possible she's a scammer too? I'm wondering why a scammer would have you send money to his 'girlfriend'.
Glowstick
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LostatLove wrote:
I'm wondering why a scammer would have you send money to his 'girlfriend'.

Is it possible he using one scam to help another? (like "I'll have my people forward you some money, then you can send me some")

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe if he sends her a bit of money, via scamming someone else of course, she'll be more likely to send him lots when his Budgie needs vital Kidney Surgery or whatever.

Tommy the Horse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LostatLove wrote:
Just a question, but is it possible she's a scammer too? I'm wondering why a scammer would have you send money to his 'girlfriend'.

I thought that but I don't think she is. He wants me to send the money to her because he wants me to send money via Western Union, which I have been refusing to do giving him the excuse that Western Union will not send money to Nigeria. Being in the UK he gave me her details so she can transfer the money to him via bank account. Her Bebo site does look genuine and her job also matches with a woman of the same name who works in the same town with the same job, also her and address match in the BT directory.
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please contact scamwarners.com ASAP (and send them all the info you have), they know how to handle these kind of situations. Please don´t contact her yourself because she is probably in way too deep, and this type of situation is a very delicate one.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would hope that if someone found out that I was the victim of a scammer, that somehow they would get a warning to me. Please do what they are suggesting.
sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

Location: Doing my worst with NN to a tied up JM under the watchful eye of the Teacup!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly, well done you for figuring out all the information and the backgroud to the girl Smile

Secondly, please, if you haven't already, do what TS asks, and pass it all to Scamwarners.com - this is what they are set up to do. Smile

Know it's already been said, just adding another voice, as I know Scamwarners is an amazing site Smile

Cheers - and keep up the good work!!! Laughing

pony pony pony
Tommy the Horse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
Please post that on scamwarners.com and one of the warners there will contact her.

I've just done that, cheers.
Tommy the Horse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mami wrote:
Please contact scamwarners.com ASAP (and send them all the info you have), they know how to handle these kind of situations. Please don´t contact her yourself because she is probably in way too deep, and this type of situation is a very delicate one.

No worries, I've done that.
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Tommy the Horse,

Pet yourself on your shoulder, you have just performed an amazingly good deed and saved someone elses life.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic