SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

sat nav

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok guys, what satnav you`s got, any poor / good experiences....

i`m about to invest in one. but dont want a herring.

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
MyMyselfAndI
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a Garmin Nüvi 250 Wide and I'm very happy with it. It was fairly cheap as well, I paid £139 at Halford's. I've heard that the Germin Nüvi 700-series is very nice as well as it has the real time traffic warnings and stuff.

I've used it quite a lot and I've never been sent the wrong way or to a place that wasn't my actual destination. The only "problem" is that if you have say "Little Cottage" as destination in a small village and not a street name then you may have to settle for something near your actual destination. Another "problem" is that it sometimes sends you a shitty route just because it's shorter distance wise, this is easy to remedy though by adding "VIA". Other than that I'm extremely happy with my Garmin.

I've used TomTom too and nothing wrong with them. It doesn't seem to be possible to change languages easily on them or between miles and kilometers but the one I borrowed was a year old.

Go with one of the big names and you'll be fine. I looked at Garmin, Navigon and TomTom but settled for the Garmin as I'd heard most good things about it.

Happy satnav shopping!

"I 4LH4JI 4N4NE C0MP0A0REU THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF F1RST B4NK OF 4FRIKA B.O.A HAVE JUST FINISHED READING THIS YOUR SECOND MAIL AFTER YOU INSAULTED ME WITH YOUR FORMAL MESSAGE." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 50 DOLLARS????ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR DO THINK THAT YOU ARE SELLING FOOD ITEMS IN THE MARKET OR DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH A PERSONAL BANK." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CoPilot on my HTC PDA, never had any trouble with it.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NAVMAN 2, Cheap and cheerful but works well.

pony pony Mortar x18
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i`ve looked at the tomtom and garmin range. the spotty teenager in halfords recomended `any` and said tom toms had some issues. (i think he was too young to drive... Rolling Eyes )
i think the garmin is slightly better value for money.

drew,

*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
pilgrim
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a Garmin Nuvi 660 with Bluetooth, and it's great. This is about my sixth Garmin, and each one is better. The cell phone works through it hands-free, no need to touch a thing when receiving a call. Imports your phone book when you marry the phone to it. Very easy to find any addreess. And you can choose your audio turns direction voice - I've picked Karen, the Aussie female. The 4.3 inch touch screen is very easy to see. You can move it from car to car, and even walk about with it. Plays music and audio books using an SD card. They've been on sale lately, very inexpensive.

Go online and look at reviews. I think you'll find the Garmin lacks some of the problems of the others. JMHO.

United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My office has a couple of TomToms which we can use for work, and a friend has a Garmin. I have always found the TomTom easy with very few glitches whilst I have been navigating around the UK. However, having recently seen the Garmin in use, it appears to be even more user-friendly. I'd be happy with either if I were buying one for myself. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a tomtom for about 2 week then I tryed the garmin. there both good but I liked the garmin more. more user friendly. easyer to update.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Becker Travel Assist Highspeed.
80 Euro incl V.A.T.
Needs a software update. Inspite of that it' working fine for me.

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

cheers guys, i`d rather be recomended a system than advised by the shop. just because your likley to get better honest reviews. i`ve also asked around the "place of work".

i`ll be lent one for a day to try out! it just so happens its a garmin branded, i`ve already seen a tomtom in action.

oh well happy navigating.

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had my Tomtom for a year now. The biggest problem is it trying to lead you down tiny little roads that it sees as the quickest route. You quickly learn to avoid going down any dodgy looking roads, and usually once it's recalculated it may only add a minute or two to your journey by going a different way. Other than that I find it an absolute gem of a system.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had experience with both Tomtom and Garmin. I think both are very good systems, but would give a slight edge to Garmin.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Garmin & Co-Pilot on a PDA. Personally, I prefer Co-Pilot.

I've got very mixed feelings about these things - last year we went to my brother in law's in Scotland. On the way up we used the GPS - insisted on taking us through the centre of Carlisle & then along a 'B' road which, whilst extremely scenic, was only wide enough for 1 vehicle. I reckon that some of the articulated lorries coming the other way were using the same systems Shocked . Once we got a few miles away from destination, it was invaluable for getting to his front door. On the way back, I got hold of a road map, found an 'A' road which took us right to the M6 & straight home.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
vaultdweller
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stupid question, but, is a sat nav the same as a gps?

I have written Han because at Russian people so name beloveds. This word is meant by the leader. Also associates with force, courage, riches. Han this historical name of the man. Now I cannot write the big letter as I do not have money to the Internet. - N@t@ly@

'you most be a fool mother f*****' 'am not in a good mud now' 'i dont need can of man like you' -b3cky t|mmy

''lol ur my kid of huy will like too f*** u till u come - luvdoc

'yahoozeeeeeeeeeeeee' : secret word FOR SCAMMERS ONLY!
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a Mapsco or regular road map. Tis old fashioned and like the adventure of getting lost and finding my way out.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No stupid questions vaultdweller; satnav is GPS.

I've used tomtom, navteq, Streets & Trips (YECH!), and IGO, I think I tried a few others too courtesy of P2P and found tomtom to be far better than anything else.

My wife, six year old son and I were driving to Palm Beach this winter and in the middle of nowhere she decided that she HAD TO HAVE Italian food NOW. TT gave us a few options with a short distance. We were able to meander off the suncoast highway, get dinner and get back on our trip with no problems.

Navteq was hard pressed to find a Publix in Florida on the other hand.

They are all a little different so try out a few and see if there is one with an easy interface that you like.

Also if there is a Demo unit in the store see what it finds in your area. Again TomTom was able to fine me an organic farmers market within a few miles of where I was staying. So along with the easy interface I found that the database was very impressive.

Also if you have a PDA there are a lot of kits to set it up as an in car GPS. You might want to look into one.
Kent
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

vaultdweller wrote:
Stupid question, but, is a sat nav the same as a gps?

Yes and no.

The nav unit software uses GPS to plot a course. I have never lost a nav unit satellite signal, unlike regular GPS.

I use it in my "articulated lorrie", or 18 wheeler (I think that is what is meant...). I cannot depend on it for routing, but when I get close, it takes me right to where I want to go. Reading street signs at o'dark 30 is a pain in the arse (another British term), and the sat unit makes life easier since making a u-turn can be illegal, dangerous, or impossible for miles if I miss my street.

How do you want me to believe that you can be more Catholic than the Pope and more Islamic than the Sheik? -Cynthia Adams

OTU SUWAAKWAA NNE GI -Victor Moore. I like to think of it as a horrible death curse.

pony pony pony

Closed lad accounts X14
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Kent, not to nit pick but I thought sat nav was GPS? Is there a difference? I'm assuming that you aren't referring to Galileo?

BTW: While Googling SAT NAV I found this site. Looks very handy.

http://www.nearby.org.uk/coord-entry.html
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had 6 now. Two factory installed units. The built in ones are the best as they don't even require Sat coverage, they work on inertia guidance until they can acquire three satellites for triangulation. Go in a tunnel or in a parking structure and they keep working. The Lexus/Toyota unit will not let you play with it if you are moving. I guess that's safer. A larger screen will also let you do two screens. One to give you the overview and one for block by block navigation. Update for the units are on DVDs and are almost as much as a good new GPS unit. I had an receiver that connected to a laptop or tab computer. Don't get one of those. I use a Lowrance for biking and put it in a supplied waterproof bag for canoing. The best of the portable units is the Nuvi series. The only question is how much you want to spend.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Kent
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Stoker

It was nitpicking, on my part, not yours.

A regular GPS will give you location, and maybe a direct line to your destination, if you program it to do this.

The sat unit software uses GPS satellites and roads included in the software as waypoints to automatically direct you to your destination.

Its a great tool, if you do a lot of driving and you dont know where you are going. In my opinion, I wouldn't bother with one if I drive the same places over and over.

How do you want me to believe that you can be more Catholic than the Pope and more Islamic than the Sheik? -Cynthia Adams

OTU SUWAAKWAA NNE GI -Victor Moore. I like to think of it as a horrible death curse.

pony pony pony

Closed lad accounts X14
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic