SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thought

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dr. Laplace
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How about a Sticky where we put up the Roster of Mugus being baited.

That should help getting information and coordinating baits...

An Example could be:

Lad's name: Olga
email: [email protected]
IP: 196.3.61.4
Baiter: Dr. Laplace...

And so on...

PS: by the way... that is a real scammer that just sent a note to my harvesting emails. On one of them I replied in German, since "Olga" claims to be German. Rolling Eyes

Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked you must be joking....

I've had up to five three current baits involving 12-13 different lads as determined by IP address in the past. What would we do in the case that the same lad is scamming using 4 different names from the sasme IP address as 18 of his also scamming buddies?

The idea may sound good, but given the large number of lads using an even larger number of identities being baited, it quickly becomes a rather unwieldy.

Much better to keep an eye out for what seems to be a mention of your lad in other threads and contacting the poster to firstly determine whether it is indeed your lad, and whether or not co-baiting is a go or not.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Dr. Laplace - thanks for the suggestion, but a Roster of Mugus that are being baited would never work. It would be impossible to manage. In addition, it would take 24/7/365 just to keep it current.

Callum's suggestion is what he have been doing, and it works for everyone. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would not be to difficult and a great asset I would think. A simple database with 'add mugu' 'search ip' 'search mugu' etc. mysql /php. I started to modify the database I wrote for my customers orders . It is simple and only takes the basics. ie name, order,date, price,other.
easy to search, web based.
It would only require each baiter add the data once and if someone wants stats the search is easy.
I'm happy to set it up if there is interest.

Actually statistically we would be able to monitor approximate amounts of mugu time wasted etc.

Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gomerpyle might think otherwise, from what I've read he has a couple Wink of lotto lads on the go at any one time, he'd fill up a database all on his own!
Seriously though, with dynamic IP, Lad's name changing every 5 seconds, selling scripts to each other (with names embedded) would there be enough benefit from all the input?

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldn't you get multiple entries if a lad goes to a different cafe, or just a different PC inside that cafe and gets a slightly different IP?

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Food for thought
Without some sort of measure it's impossible to know where your at.

I think this gets lumped in the the too hard basket too often.
The lads and Vlad's recycle names and pics all the time, thats how we observant humans recognise them. If we are seeing repeats individually then I am sure a collaborated database would give us a bigger picture.
I gather we all know that IP's are subject to variants and are seldom reliable.
Proxy servers are easily obtainable, satellites are in a way proxy proxy. The vlads have ip hiding down to a fine art. However the "yahoo boys" are generally utilising pay for minute internet cafes. So currently they are still traceable. I bet in two years ip tracing will be a thing of the past. Sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Errrr - Inspector Gadget I mailed 300 new Lotto Lads last night and sent out 1,000 further mails to Lads already on my books. Embarassed

There's no doubt that Lads, especially Lotto Lads. use separate addies for different parts of their scams and are opening new boxes all the time. If it's a gang they probably also run several different formats. I discovered that from the Lads who mail bombed my Mr G0mer dollar chopper account.

I had the same idea myself at one time, but it would be impossible to handle. I discovered one good way to find out what other scams a Lad was operating was to Google the telephone number they were using, if one was quoted, because they will usually stick with the same number(s). Though if it's a gang, then that won't necessarily apply.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I started keeping track of the IP addresses of my own (very few) lads but gave up on that since it was just too time consuming. I think maintaining a roster of all mugus would simply take up a whole lot of baiters' time that could be better spent otherwise.

The bottom line, remember, is that we want to do stuff to waste their time, not ours.

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have countless IP's and aliases for just one of the lads I'm currently baiting. Nevermind us trying to get all of the data entered, anyone looking at the information about that lad wouldn't be able to figure out what is what.

I'd also be concerned about email addresses/names being that readily available. Enthusiastic readers of the forum could mess up a bait by trying to join in without permission, and scammers might be lead to it.

There was a thread once last year asking: "Who are you currently baiting?" Members just listed the names (masked or one letter l33ted out) and I found someone else baiting the same senegal love lad as me that way.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent out 20,000 emails to lads last month. It would take a LONG time to type in all their names, ip addies, my baiting name, etc.

Your idea is a great one, but unfortunately, the sea of lads is just so vast, and it would take FOREVER to try to dig through the list to see who is baiting someone you may be baiting. Plus lads lose email addies often (some baiters shut down accounts which is another topic that hurts us) and lads always create new addies - lots and lots of addies. So it's really hard to do.

Keep the ideas coming, though. We always love hearing new ones Smile

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
jerkov
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe incorporating the IP "grabber " to apelord's header tool could at least give put the ip's they use, but i don't know who's going to benefit about that data.

i just took up all the ip's from my best ongoing bait. took about 30 mins and got 12 IPs. just for one lad. the only thing i got out from it that i now know i'm baiting just one lad with 2 characters. (same IP, mails sent from different addys within 15mins).

if you will to do something like that. i'm willing to try it, but i doubt it'll be very popular...
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My original strategy and I think the ops is to only include current and active baits. As we know they use throwaway accounts for their own catcher accounts. A database of current baits lets say 5 or more emails and kept very very quiet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic