SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fox Combat

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My house is near a park, and lots of people walk their dogs past on way to said park. Recently a lot of doggy do do started to appear on my front lawn. I kept an eye out and caught someone letting their dog do it, perp ran off, and dog poo was still appearing over next few weeks. So I put up a fence, 3 feet high, all around my front, completely enclosing it. You know what? Dog poo was still appearing in front lawn. Huge amount of anger, fence was hard to put up.

After examining the poo (on a shovel) and comparing to pictures available on Google, I believe it might actually be a fox. After all if someone is opening the gate to let their dog in, or lifting it over the fence, then I am dealing with a psycho, and I really don't want to go there.

Anyone know how to stop a fox crapping on their lawn? I have put down three different kinds of stuff from the DIY shop that is supposed to smell bad and prevent this kind of thing but none of it works.

Note, wife will not let me buy a gun. I think she thinks I might shoot her.

pony
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you like your neighbours?

Buy a chicken, boil it in a big saucepan of water, take the saucepan of chicken stock, throw it in to next doors garden, fox will now be attracted by the the smell of chicken coming from next door, now it's their problem Twisted Evil

How about sprinkling loads of strong pepper around it's usual spot where it will be sniffing?

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know the neighbours, so as a solution I like it a lot. Would a fox eat Rat Poison?

{Edit} I tried pepper, there was a turd on top of it.

pony
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

get a dog that is bigger than the fox...go to a sporting goods store and get some skunk lure. and put a few dabs around you lawn.. foxes useally will steer clear of a skunk.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moth balls keep cats out of flower beds... don't know if the smell would deter a fox or not.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Packman - I hate dogs. Hate. Plus, you don't get too many Skunk lures in West Sussex... Shocked

@ bearkat419 - I like that one, but I think that they might get caught in the lawnmower.

pony
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some deterrent suggestions on here, plus a nice consolation fox calender to hang on your wall if they don't work...

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/service/publicprotection/foxes.html

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

West Sussex ... I take it you dont mean sussex massachusetts ...more like go to newwark NJ. and take a left and start swimming.... I would think there isnt to many bass pro shops or gander mountains sporting goods stores around there. Embarassed

Closed lad accounts x3
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tommo - thanks, that was really helpful.

@ Packman - what are you on about??? Bass we have aplenty (it's a seaside thing), mountains - no, sports shops - yes...

pony
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's ok, no one really understands packman. We all just smile and nod so he doesn't get angry.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bass pro shops and gander mountain are two big sporting goods chains here in the US. ..I didnt mean to be confusing.

Closed lad accounts x3
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Ah. No worries, thanks for the attempt at help... Very Happy

pony
Trixi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's an ultrasonic thing you can get from B&Q. It's a fox repeller. It's supposed to work really well. Some friends of mine bought one to protect their garden as they've got little kids and didn't want to be on constant fox poop patrol either.

I think it was about £30. But they said it was well worth the money.

"<i>I warned earlier to stop dealing with the the people scamming you but you would not. You shouls stop emailing this fellow who claims to be Godspower but he is not </i>" - Bob the British High Commissioner

"<i>The FBI man stil believes that no body was hacked</i>", "<i>Ididnt mean to orger you around, please do not be anoid we are not fighting</i>" - DHL Nigeria guyman

"<i>Sorry if I sounded hash</i>" - the undercover FBI guy in London's newest suburb Lagos.
pony
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get a fake plastic owl.....oops wrong thread...sorry Harry Bawls. Perhaps Harry could send his starlings to West Sussex and they could dive bomb the fox.

I'm in trouble I can understand what Packman always says. Orderly! Oh, Orderly?!

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ultrasonic repeller is a awesome idea. and if your neighbor has a dog it will drive him crazy... sounds like hours of fun to me Twisted Evil
@Chibuike welcome to my little world, jump right in the jello is fine.. dont be afraid, we will be your friends. Wink
*EDIT* spelling to make reaper happy

Closed lad accounts x3

Last edited by packman on Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

packman wrote:
The ultrasonic repeller is a awsome idea. and if your nabor has..

Please Packman, get a spell checker...

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Trixi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I think it works on cats too - so if you have moggies it might not be a good idea...

...our cats don't like citrus and there is a spray you can buy to stop them scratching things - you just spray it on and they seem to leave it alone. Doubt this would work on a lawn though - maybe go down the garden centre and look for citrus smelling plants?

"<i>I warned earlier to stop dealing with the the people scamming you but you would not. You shouls stop emailing this fellow who claims to be Godspower but he is not </i>" - Bob the British High Commissioner

"<i>The FBI man stil believes that no body was hacked</i>", "<i>Ididnt mean to orger you around, please do not be anoid we are not fighting</i>" - DHL Nigeria guyman

"<i>Sorry if I sounded hash</i>" - the undercover FBI guy in London's newest suburb Lagos.
pony
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Reaper but that would take all the fun out of it.

Closed lad accounts x3
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Goldry ~ I mow over them, and it doesn't seem to be a problem, as long as the mower isn't set to the lowest level (I like to keep the grass fairly long to avoid the need to water as often).

Now watch me send one through my kitchen window the next time I mow the lawn.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding the mothball suggestions: It didn't work on skunks AND I found out that they are very very toxic, so be careful if you have kids or dogs.

I've had success with pepper and neighbor dogs, just not regular pepper. I used a whole container of cayenne sprinkled on the ground.

Planting mint is supposed to work to keep lots of animals at bay, but I haven't tried it myself.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bet its just the same guy lifting his dog over your fence. Fox scat may have berries and fur from small rodents. They love to crap as a marker. They leave their little labors on top of a boulder, along a trail but not on a lawn near a park with lots of people walking by. Have you seen any foxes?

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Buy a llama or an alpaca.

Seriously, farmer friend of mine has not lost a single lamb to fox or dog predation since he put a llama in with his sheep and the llama chases them off.

Not really practical for a small suburban garden though Smile

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dealing with the furry little bastards once they're in is very difficult. We had 3 of the bloody things clear out our hen-house and also take a dozen ducks and half a dozen geese a couple of years ago. We tried all sorts of remedies but found the only way to stop them was to deny them access.

The best way to sort this out is to sort your fence and gate out and make sure there's no way in for them.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Send 'em here. My family loves foxes. We get tons of wildlife coming through the woods behind our house, and at least the foxes don't eat our garden like the groundhogs do.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic