SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Your Opinion.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going to buy a new laptop soon because my current laptops screen is cracked, can I get your opinion on the best brand I was looking at a Dell inspirion for €450 and I am not really a pc gamer.

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a Toshiba Equium A200-26D for £400 not long back, maybe 9 weeks ago, and I can't recommend it enough, it's awesome. Massive memory, really quick processor, great screen for viewing films, very easily useable touch pad... just fantastic.
At the same time, I also bought a Toshiba Equium L40 for £300.
A hundred pounds isn't going to amount to much of a difference is it? I tell you what, it bloody well does.
I wish I'd spent the extra £100 now, for my extra backup laptop.

£400 is about what, 330 Euros right?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu wrote:
£400 is about what, 330 Euros right?

Just a bit more mate Very Happy:

Quote:
£400.00 = €502.804

Currency Convertor

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I thought as much, I'd done the calculation the wrong way around!

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it's surprising, any half decent laptop will have decent residuals just because it's a laptop. I think performance is more readily reflected by price minus £200 or so.

mine's a Dell Precision M70, hefty but very stable and quite solid to use. couple of years old now and it's not as fast as a new one but still pretty useful.

Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the laptop I seen it has good specs for the price http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspnnb_1525?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are just buying a new lappy because the screen is cracked, don't bother. A new screen is cheaper.

If you want a new laptop anyway. Then you should definitely be able to get a decent non-gaming laptop for around E450. will have a look. What country are you in?

Edit: i'm guessing Ireland.
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here in Hollywierd, Acer laptops are selling well at a good price..
(As low as $399.00) Some at $499.00

Acer used to build IBM units..
Now it's sold to Lenovo..

Toshibas are spinning out under $500.00 every week..

$600 gets a webcam and toms of memory..

My Toshiba is going on 4 years.. Still solid..

sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Toshiba Satellite and I couldn't ask for a better laptop. I am not a gamer so I don't need all of that high tech stuff. I've had it for about a year and a half.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22

Last edited by sheboppe on Wed May 21, 2008 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had nothing but bad experiences with my dell laptop. But it was a refurbished one, not new, when I got it - so that may be the issue.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We use Dell at work, and I don't like them much. Some of that is to do with the restrictions from our IT dept, but they always seem a little sluggish to me, and they are heavy. I'm currently using a Sony Vaio (XP) with a widescreen for home use (which is 3 years old and on its last legs) and a Phillips (Vista) for travelling. I like Vaios, but then I do like screens on Sonys generally, and have a Sony TV too. I had a Toshiba before, and it was completely reliable. I replaced it only because I wanted something lighter, but my nephew has it now, and it's still doing well, despite the fact that he is 6 and therefore capable of causing utter destruction in 2 minutes flat. Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Trixi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm now on my 2nd toshiba Satellite (the old one still works but it's now practically an antique!) and I'm very happy.

Compaq / HP are also good quality but pricey. IBM are good but even more expensive.

We have Dell at work and they totally blow goats. Nasty things are always breaking down.

I'd say go for Toshiba - you can't go wrong really.

"<i>I warned earlier to stop dealing with the the people scamming you but you would not. You shouls stop emailing this fellow who claims to be Godspower but he is not </i>" - Bob the British High Commissioner

"<i>The FBI man stil believes that no body was hacked</i>", "<i>Ididnt mean to orger you around, please do not be anoid we are not fighting</i>" - DHL Nigeria guyman

"<i>Sorry if I sounded hash</i>" - the undercover FBI guy in London's newest suburb Lagos.
pony
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a Toshiba and a Dell (XPS M1210). I'd say the Toshiba was better, my dell mouse freezes randomly, have to restart the damn thing.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic