SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

070 numbers - request for help with a survey, please

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First a bit of background in case people are not familiar with 070 personal numbers. They look like UK phone numbers, but they are actually "follow-me" numbers. You can redirect the call anywhere in the world for free. The caller pays the costs, and the provider takes a slice of that, sometimes not charging the subscriber anything for the service or number. Victims find them reassuring, and they lend credence to lads' claims that they are in the UK, so they are really something of a menace as far as 419 is concerned. The telecommunications regulator in the UK, Ofcom, has looked into use of these numbers before and may be doing so again. They used to insist on a pre-call announcement to alert the caller that they have called a personal number, but these have now been scrapped. The reasoning for the scrapping is set out on Ofcom's site (here).

I am going to be writing to Ofcom to ask them what they are doing on 070 numbers, and their abuse, and I'd like to be able to include some supporting evidence from Eater as to how often the 070 numbers are used in scams. I know it is not very scientific, but I'd like to run a survey for a week, starting this Saturday, 24th May. If you're interested in helping out, all you'll need to do is keep a note of how many scam emails you receive from 09.00 (your time) on Saturday 24th May until 08.59 Saturday 31st May, and how many of those have an 070 number. At the end of the week, please email me a note of the results to [email protected] The information will go to Ofcom in a collated form, and nobody apart from me will know an individual's results.

Please sign up here if you're happy to help, and thanks in advance - your assistance is much appreciated! Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll monitor my catcher account and count them up. I'd like to wager that at least 80% of my incoming has an 070 number.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One easy way would be to do a search on your 'catcher' account, or for me, one of my Lotto Lad baiting accounts for 070 and then 'top and tail' the result.

It might be handly to provide examples of the mails too, as it's one thing to make an assertion, but when faced with all the mails referring to winning lotteries, dead relatives and money stuffed trunk boxes, they speak for themselves.

Just my thought.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And a good thought, Gomer, thanks. Smile One or two examples per baiter would be really helpful, although I'd rather not have the entire contents of everyone's catcher accounts for a week. Very Happy And thanks, M. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in, but really don't get to many.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Google says a lot
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 247,000 for 070 scam. (0.61 seconds)

But I'll keep an eye out.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can get a list of phone lad nos from http://www.phonelads.com/phone-lad-blacklists.php. About 1200 of the 2600 seem to be +4470-
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I run across a shitload of these on the vlad escrow sites, if that would be of any help.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, guys. Smile

Any info will be useful. I'm not planning to make this something very scientific, I'm just putting together anecdotal evidence to support what I'm going to write to Ofcom. I figure the more people they get raising concerns about 070 numbers in scams , the better. Smile

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. I have a very active catcher account, and every other letter seems to have an 070 number in it.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, mate. Very Happy

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both scam and spam? I've got a few that say something like "invest in us and we'll make your you get back 10 fold" etc.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Either/both will work for this, thanks, Reaper. Smile

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've sent some basic info. If you need anything else please let me know. I'll keep the e-mails on file if you want any of them

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was just reading the rev paul is a fraud star thread and I see the lads phone no. there is a 070. now that I know about that I bet a will be paying more attention to that little fact.
*EDIT* oops my bad its Catherine who has the 070 no. Embarassed

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic