SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Opinions on a digital camera pls aka SP's birthday thread!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with harry. Im not useing the soft ware the comes with it. I forgot what my son in law loaded to run it . but it works so much better.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday SP! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the birthday wishes Very Happy

I now have my new camera Cool, it's smaller than I expected, I saw someone holding it on a review site, maybe they just had small hands, I'll try it later on, just going through the Kodak site looking at the user manual, it's easier than reading the book that came with it.

[edit]

Regarding earlier posts saying not to install any of the camera software, there was no CD that came with the camera, only a docking port stand and a USB cable, 2 AA batteries and a wrist strap, but the software can be downloaded from the Kodak site.

But rather than do that, is it a simple case of taking the SD memory card out of the camera and plugging it in to my laptop? What happens when it's plugged in to the laptop, will it automatically dump the photos on the desktop, or give me the option of putting them in a folder?

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never installed any software to dl pics from my camera. I hook up the camera to the laptop, which recognises the camera and asks if I want to dl the photos, with or without deleting them form the camera's memory card. It also lets me choose where to dl them to, and what I want to call the folder and/or pics. If you have a docking stand and cable, you'll probably find that the same happens if you hook it up. If not, it'll probably treat the memory card as just another piece of storage, so you could then open it and copy over the pics to wherever you want them.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy birthday, and here is a birthday present..

Turn the d*mn camera off between pictures..

It is the hot tip for AA batteries.

My girl leaves hers on and eats batteries by the truck load.. Cool

RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy birthday - and yay for the new camera. Smile

And yes, definitely go buy a charger. I bought a Kodak model that came with four rechargeable AA batteries for 12-15 bucks. I've saved a bunch of money by not having to buy disposable batteries.

(The Kodak charger also has two slots for AAA batteries. My Kid Sis loves that because she uses rechargeable AAAs in her MP3 player.)

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine recharges right though the USB cable.

Closed lad accounts x3
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday SP and enjoy your new camera! happy crowd

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday SP. Now about the memory card. Its not all about size... Speed is important too. 40x is the minimum for some cameras that shoot video or burst fire for exposure bracketing. 133x is better but only if your camera needs it.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried using only the USB cable, but it said no software found, so I had to install the Kodak software sharing stuff, then I remembered I hadn't put the memory card in, so I'll try taking some photos tomorrow in better light with less pixels and then put the memory card in my laptopand see what happens.

Something else I just noticed, I didn't get the Z1275 camera that's advertised in the Argos catalogue, it has some small print on their website page saying:

Quote:
This product may possibly be substituted with Kodak model Z1285 which is of a higher specification.

I was supposed to get his one:

Z1275:
2.5 in. (6.4 cm) indoor/outdoor color display
64 MB internal memory, SDHC/SDMMC card expansion slot

But I got this one, been through all the specs and the only things different are mine has a slightly bigger LD screen, and it lacks an MMC slot, along with being black instead of gun metal, and they call that a better specification Question

Z1285:
2.7 in. (6.9 cm) indoor/outdoor color display
64 MB internal memory, SDHC/SD card expansion slot

Also, I trought I was about to die on my birthday, about 40 minutes ago, I had a few slices of ham, I had not eaten all day due to my ulcers playing up, I also get this problem where when I swallow food, it often wont go down and gets stuck somewhere in the throat/top part of chest area.

I could hardly breath this time, whereas it's usually just painful, I was jumping up and down in the kitchen trying to dislodge it, but it wouldn't move, I took a drink of water, and it was like it was going in my lungs and came back out of my nose, I panicked a bit then as I couldn't take any air in until someone smashed me on the back with their fist a few times, but for about 10 minutes afterwards, I could still feel the ham which felt like it was sitting on top of the windpipe ready to fall in to the lung (can that happen?), I carried on jumping around like a lunatic in the kitchen and eventually I got it all out, scary, though Shocked

Anyway, here is a photo of my kitten nowaged about 10 months and the other in the background, photo is not great as it didn't upload to that Kodak share place in the 4000 x xxxx size it should have done, so I had to take a screenshot and resize it to 600 x 400, camera should be better in daylight, and I might dropit down to 8 or 10 pixels and see how it comes out then:

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like your camera and cat!

Your eating habits suck! Mad

Call doc in morning to make an appointment.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BeLated happy birthday SP.

I agree with Corona, have things checked out. I have been told that when you can still "feel" something that lodged in your throat, it is because you bruised something.

Here you are getting healthy on the bike and your ulcer causes fits. Sad

Do take care (though you live a pretty interesting life). We need you around here. Cool

Love the cat's eyes in the pic. Seems like it could be useful some how with baiting. Twisted Evil

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Birthday gift...you scored! The MMC capacity is worthless but your camera will handle one no problem and the bigger screen size rocks. 2.7 inches is a perfect balance between size and power consumption. MMC cards are thinner and go into any SD slot, even upside down. Even though the MMC card may not make contact. The good thing is that your camera will also deal with large capacity SD cards. You are not limited to 4 Gigs but 32 Gigs in SDHC.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday, SP. Very Happy

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Tricia
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP: Good thing that someone was there to help you. Have you heard of the Heimlich maneuver? (According to the Red Cross, the proper protocol while choking is to 1. try to cough, 2. try some back slaps and 3. try the Heimlich maneuver.)

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Connie, cheers, that's a result then Cool

Just took this photo out of my flat window of Hastings pier in the distance, I think this is on 9 or 10 megapixels:

This is the exif data from the photo which is all dutch to me regarding shutter speeds, apertues etc, any good? I'm sure I will be able to get some good photos with it once I know which scene modes, ISO's and other stuff worked out Very Happy:

Quote:
Orientation of image: 1
Image input equipment manufacturer: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Image input equipment model: KODAK Z1285 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Exposure time: 0.0025
F number: 5.6
Exposure program: 2
ISO speed rating: 64
Shutter speed: 8.66667
Aperture: 5
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 5
Metering mode: 5
Light source: 0
Flash: 16
Lens focal length: 12.89
Exposure index: 64
Sensing method: 2
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Digital zoom ratio: 0
Focal length in 35 mm film: 61
Scene capture type: 0
Gain control: 0
Contrast: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 0
Subject distance range: 0

@ Trixi, yes, I already knew of the Heimlich manoeuvre, didn't need to try that after the bangs on my back, hopefully I will never have to use that, as I say, I don't usually get it bad like that, what normally happens is the food gets stuck and it hurts like hell, then within a minute it goes down.

[edit]

I uploaded that photo to my Vista laptop with only the USB cable and it came out the original 4000 x xxxx size without having to install the Kodak Easyshare software, whereas on my Windows ME desktop I had to, that will now be uninstalled.

Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad it worked for you, SP, and that's a cracking pic, very sharp. Smile You are a jammy sod to have such a great view. Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, it's nice here, the gardens directly outside and the beach over the road, apparently, it's the biggest sea front square in Europe, shame about the scaffolding being in the way, that will be up for a while yet as they are painting all the windows and masonry on our building.

packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think theres something wrong with your camera, its reversing the pic... look the cars are on the wrong side of the road. but it is a very good pic.

Closed lad accounts x3
P T Barnum
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP i know i am a little late here but thought i would throw it out there.You might want to take a look at Google Picassa 2 for software it is absoulutely free and is not bloatware like the kodak software.It's pretty nice once installed you plug in the card and it will offer to do all the work for you.You would wanna go through the preferences to set it up right.One thing you don't want is it sitting in the tray waiting for pictures.Is also very intuitive and can really improve them you would be surprised....and did i say free.
Mr.Lad
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just bought a digital IXUS 950IS by canon, seems pretty good, not as chunky as it looks in photos, all metal casing, and a VIEWFINDER (retro) which is very much appreciated. I recommend the little baby! Cool
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy b-day SP!

Looks like you did a good job selecting a camera. Smile

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic