SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Just for the hell of it...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
luckey

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

...I'm sure this has been done before, but just for a change of pace, I've been interviewing lads about their craft. I'm starting with simple, fairly non-confrontational questions (my words are in blue):

Lad #1 wrote:
1) Do you feel that scamming people is wrong? yes

2) Do you ever feel sorry for the people who fall for scams? yes i do but i have no choice .

3) Do you ever worry about getting caught? yes i do, but i dont have any other choice like you have just said, i have singed for it that what ever that comes from it wethere good or bad am going to face it.

4) What percentage of the money you receive do you get to keep? 40%

5) How much money do you make per week? at time you even stay for 6 MONTHS and YAERS without geting any thing we are really soferering but some peaple do make it . I not happy doing this job but I have no choice.

6) Is there anything that would make you consider earning a living some other way? no

Lad #2 wrote:
4-1-9 Schemes frequently use the following tactics:

An individual or company receives a letter or fax from an alleged "official" representing a foreign government or agency. An offer is made to transfer millions of dollars in "over invoiced contract" funds into your personal bank account.

You are encouraged to travel overseas to complete the transaction.

You are requested to provide blank company letterhead forms, banking account information, telephone/fax numbers.

You receive numerous documents with official looking stamps, seals and logo testifying to the authenticity of the proposal.

Eventually you must provide up-front or advance fees for various taxes, attorney fees, transaction fees or bribes.

Other forms of 4-1-9 schemes include: c.o.d. of goods or services, real estate ventures, purchases of crude oil at reduced prices, beneficiary of a will, recipient of an award and paper currency conversion.

1) Why do you scam people?
Answer:- Because there are no job opportunities in our country, for example a gradguate will stay for 10 years without a job.

2)Do you ever feel sorry for the people who fall for scams?
Answer:- Yes, the reason is that they have conciense of what they do but they have any choice.

3) Do you ever worry about getting caught?
Answer:- Yes, Why because it's not a good thing, but for some they are not afraid because it has to be individual ifferences.

4) What percentage of the money you receive do you get to keep?
Answer:- It all depends on individuals, they invest it. Why some groove with the money.

5) How much money do you make per week?
Answer:- Some make $500 a week, why some make nothing and some makes thousands a week.

6) Is there anything that would make you consider earning a living some other
way?

Answer:- Yes, when they get a job they stop doing it, and some invest when they make money.

7) Do you feel that scamming people is wrong?
Answer:- Yes, It is rightly wrong because it's an advance feefraud.

And my favorite to date:

Lad #3 wrote:
How do you feel when the whites were using we Africans for slave trades?

How do you feel when upon how your country is developed but still our selfish rulers are looting our finances for real and your people will be accepting it while the poor masses here cannot afford to eat nor train their children in school? How do you feel accepting money you did not work for?
All this happens, upon how Africa is poor? Your people are wicked?
They deserve what we are doing them.

I asked him a number of follow up questions, and offered counterpoints to all of his questions.

I wrote:
Thank you so much for your answers. You make some really good points. I will answer your questions in hopes that you will answer my first questions more directly:

How do you feel when the whites were using we Africans for slave trades?

That was wrong. It was ended before my parents or grandparents were born. Many, or most of the people who descended from slaves live here, and fall for these scams. Are you scamming the great grandchildren of the slave keepers, or the great grand children of the slaves? Do you do try only to scam white people? How do you find out?

How do you feel when upon how your country is developed but still our selfish rulers are looting our finances for real and your people will be accepting it while the poor masses here cannot afford to eat nor train their children in school?

That is also wrong. Ordinary citizens in most countries are not able to control their government officials, any more than you are yours.

How do you feel accepting money you did not work for?

Can you explain your question better? What money do I receive without working?

All this happens, upon how Africa is poor? Your people are wicked?
They deserve what we are doing them.

Isn't it true that there are wicked people in every society? How can you know who is wicked and who is not. What if one of your victims is is of African decent? Or what happens if one of your victims lives in Africa now? How do you know where your emails go?

Does scamming people help your country? Or is the damage to the reputation of the honest, hardworking African people being sold just as the slaves were?

Again, I am not trying to argue with you, these are the kinds of things my teacher says. I believe there is more to the story, and I want to teach people to see both sides.
[musn't burn my bridges Laughing]

He ignores most of my questions/observations and offers this lame rationalization:

Lad #3 wrote:
[color=blue]Can you explain your question better? What money do I receive without working?
The message that was sent to the people who are scam that my late father left $20,000 000 dollars in a security company. 2. A foreign company did a contract in my country and the full payment has been made it is left with the overdraft which is $10,000 000 dollars i need your assistance in transferring this fund into a foreign account....
My dear it is only the greedy once that fall for such scam, for example my partner in this scam, scammed a white man two million dollars in this game because of the white man has did such transaction genuinely before with one governor of a state in nigeria and they did a real deal of state budget and the governor now transferred the funds into the white man account later on, the governor visited korea and share the money with the korea white mugu, in all the korea man got about $12,000 000 dollars and when he received this my fellow scammer email he also believe that this is another opportunity and at the end of the day he lost two million dollars in the game. Don;t you think is a nice game. what goes around comes around. You have to pay for all this information. (surprise, surprise Laughing)

I still have a few I'm waiting for, but it is really trying my patience. These lads can be quite lazy, I've found. Laughing

harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
i have singed for it

See if you can find more about being signed is it like an apprenticeship or a record deal ?
Sounds like the Oga has some real control over them.

Great stuff

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice work Luckey! Interesting read.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Luckey-i find this stuff fascinating.

Could you get some views on their religious angle ie how do they feel when it goes against what the bible says (God v Mammon) and how they feel when they sit in church on a sunday-also how do they honestly (well as honest as a lad can be) feel about heaven and hell and what the longterm implications may be for their activities.

Also do they use religion to justify scamming people-do they pray for a good victim. Why do they impersonate pastors, vicars etc-do they base their "characters" on people they know in real-life?

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Luckey how does this modality work?

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent work. Yes it's been done before, but it's a good read every time. Even if half (maybe more than half) of everything a lad says is bullshit, even if the lads believe that bullshit, it offers great insight into the mind of the scammer.
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How do you get the lads to answer you ?

do you ASEM ?
or just reply to their mail out ?

Question

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
luckey

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Donato: good suggestions. I'll work toward that for any I'm able to keep.

The modality is simple. I'm a college girl studying journalism, and taking a class on internet crime. My teacher thinks all scammers are evil and there is no excuse for what they do. I believe people are people, and no one would do something like that unless they had no other choice, and I want to prove my teacher wrong by getting the guyman perspective. That's my pitch (puke ).

I sent a bunch of form letters to known scammer addies. Few replied, of the ones who did, most stuck to their scam stories. Of the ones who were willing to admit they were scammers, most wanted money before they would talk, of course, I am more than happy to promise them whatever they need. Twisted Evil

A few have said they are not scammers, but they could do a little research for me... for a price.

One fellow is in "love" with me. Shocked I have high hopes for him. Laughing

Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice one, Know your enemy and all that Smile

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Luckey

thanks for the info
that is amazing

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Rintastic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice Luckey. Thanks for the innnnneresting read Smile

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Musicians and people who like musicians: We've started a forum for the exchange of ideas and sounds for bands around the world! Come check us out at www.oblivioninc.com!
juju4u
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My opinion: what Lad #3 wrote
Quote:
my partner in this scam, scammed a white man two million dollars in this game because of the white man has did such transaction genuinely before with one governor of a state in nigeria and they did a real deal of state budget and the governor now transferred the funds

sounds like total BS to me... It's probably something that has been used on him as part of a recruiting campaign by a 419 boss... Or wild crazy nigerian rumors that he has adapted to himself.

you have disappointed me for GODS sake ok // YOU SEND MONEY TO A FRAUDSTER AND SWINDLER STOP DEALING WITH THOSE IMPOSTERS AGAIN YOU ARE WARNED // if I finally find out that you did not send any money john I will send the FBI after you max, because I don't play dirty games ok - Captain Morgan
i cant stress my self any more.I now have a back pain cos of this // western union puzzle // rather stressfull as i spent the whole weekend trying to unravel it - M T C N s3cure

Safari 2,633 miles: Peterson/Gomer/fbi/Tina Mike/MrMicheal: Lagos.Doula.Yaounde.Limbe.Mundemba.ChimpCamp.[SSC Cameroon].(2weeks Jail).Baffousam(across Nigeria).Cotonou.Parakou.[SSC Benin] C/B Master & 5imba et al "i am coming to safari my self" "he is at chimpazine camp" "go pick him at the police station"
luckey

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I'm sure it's BS. He wouldn't answer any of my questions about the details of that scam.

Even if it were true, it excuses nothing. Unless of course he and his "partner" limit themselves to only scamming people who have successfully scammed the Nigerian government.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic