SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Car buying tips/advice needed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<--- works for a kia dealership ...right now stay far away from them. a yugo is more reliable. tons and I mean tons of problems.not just the car but company wide.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep hearing they've gotten so much better?

Must be the lousy help.......... Laughing

How bad is the Rondo?

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a waiting list for transfer cases. that biggest problem is getting warranty support from the Co.
and Ill let the help remark slide.... THIS TIME! boxer

Closed lad accounts x3
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stepan's comments remind me of an experience I had last year. I went through 2 hours of negotiations on a Toyota we wanted and had reached a tentative agreement. Or so I thought. After all that the saleman had to "clear" it with his manager. Right. The two of them came back and said the deal was impossible, demanding another $500. I picked up my paperwork and said goodbye, and walked. The next morning I got a call from the salesman saying they could meet my price if I accepted an undesirable color. I said no, we had a deal. He called back an hour later and said I could have my original deal but only if I could get back to the dealership by noon. That really p*ssed me off because A.) it meant that they lied when they claimed there was no way they could meet the price, and B.) I didn't like the demanding tone. I could easily have done it but I wasn't going to let them boss me around. So I bought the Hyundai that afternoon. The next day I got another call from the Toyota salesman. I took a great deal of delight in telling him I'd already bought another car, from a more consumer-friendly dealer. Wink

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From the perspective of the manager of an auto repair shop-Previous posters are right,the quality of Hyundai products has risen hugely.That being said,if all aother things are equal,go with the Toyota.They have a far larger,more established dealer network.Parts and service availabilty for the Toyota are better,and the ultimate price for parts and service will likely be lower.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stephen, thanks for the informative and entertaining post Laughing

Got back from the dealer about an hour ago. He lowered the price almost a 1000 from what I was told on Saturday. I did the "you're offer for my truck is waaay too low" (it wasn't really but I had to try) and he did the "i'll go make you wait for about 10 minutes while I pretend to talk to my manager and see if you get desperate and I decide if I need to lose more of my commission". He came back giving me another $600 for the truck. I think it's fair considering some of the issues it's developing. Funny how they only walk around it and don't even really check it, shows how they never have an intention to give you what it's worth. Rolling Eyes

When asked how I felt about the numbers I told him they looked good (which they did) but I'd have to run them by my wife who's working, so I'll have to get back to you tomorrow. "Want to leave a deposit on it just in case?" Nope, didn't fall for that one either. Very Happy

Thanks for all the input from everyone. Thumbs up

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The first new car I ever bought.....was an '80 Plymouth Horizon.

I traded in a '73 Duster that looked great from 20 feet away, (in the heavy rain), about as close as the 'used car manager' got to it that day. I told them it wasn't running well, (Barely) and the brakes were bad....

I got a good price on the new car, and a book price for my Duster, had it been in the shape it looked like it was in.

The dealership was in an urban setting. To get from one end of the dealer to the other, you had to enter a busy street.
When I picked up my new car, they had the lot boy pick up the other, and take it to the shop, around the corner.

As he got in it, I warned him 'the brakes are pretty bad'.

GOOBER smiled at me. Got in, floored it.....the old slant six roared to life like it had never done before. He had 200 feet to the busy street the dealer sat on, backed up with bumper to bumper traffic.
I see the brake lights come on, about halfway there.....the car didn't slow a bit. I see him standing up in the seat as he approaches the stopped cars.
I can hear him cursing.

Very Happy

It was not Goobers time to die, though........traffic opened up enough he rolled across 4 lanes...and stopped in oncoming traffic.

I left in a hurry.....
Razz

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Thanks for making me laugh.
Good luck on your hunt OD. Remember, everyone has to make a decent living, just not all at once off of you. Laughing

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Big Dog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need the new Dodge Challenger, 6.1l V8 will really help you get there fast!!! (hope you make a lot of money btw!)
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the new challenger. but I cant wait for the new camaro to be in our showroom.

Closed lad accounts x3
Big Dog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yeah, I was an old F-body guy myself. I had a 98 formula firebird all fixed up Very Happy

Had to sell it when my wife turned into a baby factory Sad

But you know: Firebird > Camero Shocked
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw an old Chevette the other day that some kid was trying to pass off as a rice rocket......

Laughing

Big Dog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Did you call the cops???

That'll get you shot in some places... mostly west virginia but...
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive only have had 3 F-bodys. 71 firechicken formula 350, 75 TA with the real 400 not the 403 gutless. and a gen2 camaro pro street. ive had a few fox bodys and lots of A body mopars

Closed lad accounts x3
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input, jokes, and tales! Very Happy

I am the happy owner of a black/grey 2008 Toyota Yaris. Thanks to all of your tips I was able to ensure no extra things slipped into the final bill. Heck, I even walked out of their with a pen (granted the loan officer was wondering where the hell it went, but I had to come out on top! Wink )

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Honestly, I'd advise a cheap, pre-owned compact junker. Preferably, something that's still capable of at least 20-25 mpg "city". Invest your big money in survival strategies, cuz I think the future may be about to go prehistoric on us. Shocked
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ginch wrote:
I think the future may be about to go prehistoric on us. Shocked

Yabba Dabba Doo! (I just had a brilliant idea for a trophy.....)

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
MAD
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on the purchase. Didn't get in on time, but for anyone else. It can work to just get the lowest price make a deal, then go "By the way I have a trade-in". hehehe. Pisses them off.

Katya(Wow) = "today I shall go to the to parents, and I shall be come back tomorrow,
I shall remain probably with them for some days."

Chelsea on IM - YOU WILL COME BACK TO MEET THE P33 IN YOUR INBOX VERY SLOW

Ira - My heart beats like a Vulcan when I read your letters.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on the boring car. Yep, all you get to do is put gas in every not too often, and change the oil. Not too sure but Toyota may suggest every 5 thousand miles. I used to do every three but moved up to 4K. Yep boring. A new battery every 6 years and tires every 65K. I do suggest that you check the tire production date stamped on the sidewalls. Its a code of three or four numbers. 1208 or 128 would mean the twelfth week of 2008. Your Yaris will go an amazing number of miles on the first set of tires. My first Toyota was a Celica that had four tires with 105K with plenty of tread left before a tire suffered a delamination. I now change out all tires at 7 years. The Celica eventually went over 200K and was NEVER in the shop. Oil changes, wipers, wiper fluid, plugs, two batteries and two sets of tires was all it needed.Got rid of it because of life changes and it was boring.
The replacement was a Chrysler product. How exciting. It would not start three days after we bought it and the dealer could not fix it. Thirty days in the shop the first 6 months. I eventually fixed it myself so that I would not stroke out. There were 7 recalls on it. One was for a steering swash plate that would break and the driver would lose all steering control. We waited 5 months for the parts. We waited over a year for another recall. Ever had a transmission slam into second gear as you were trying to pass a semitractor trailer at 75 miles per hour? The engine would go to redline, the tires would sort of lock up as they were now turning at 47 miles per hour and great big clouds of white smoke would trail behind you as everyone slams forward. We put in 5 transmissions into it all under warrantee. I was going down Mount Saint Helens in the rain passing buses going up hill when the antilock computer failed. Turned out to be a "secret recall". I'll take boring any day.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OD....be careful with that pen!! It may be a 'special' pen that adds things when you're not looking!!!!

Shocked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic