SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Budapest

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm off for a few days holiday to Budapest in July and was wondering if anyone here had been there. Whats worth seeing and whats not? and equally important, whats worth eating? I'll be staying at the InterContinental Hotel.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Kam Fong as Chin Ho
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I lived there in the 90s and I loved it. Mostly everyone speaks English (thanks to me Smile )so it's easy to get on. You should do all the touristy things like see Parliament, Fisherman's bastion, museums, opera house, etc., because they're all worth seeing. But check the English language papers for out of the way folk concerts and things like that. They're small affairs and always interesting, sometimes with food and drink you won't find anywhere else.

People seem to love the Turkish baths, and there's a big one at the Gellert Hotel, but I went once and it smelled like sulfur and everyone was 80 years old. So if you like geriatric soup, jump right in. Wink

You should also find a cafe called Gerbaud which is expensive by Hungarian standards but worth it for the grand surroundings and yummy pastries. And bring me back some beigli while you're there.

Otherwise just walking around the city you'll find plenty to gawk at. You won't be bored.

WHO GOD HAS BLESS NO MAN CAN COX

YOU ARE PENNY WISE PALM FOOLISH GO AHEAD WITH YOUR FOOLISH WISE IDEAS.
Mortar x14
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went there on pass when I was on duty in Bosnia. It was a beautiful place, and everyone was very friendly. The train museum was pretty neat, there is also a very nice art museum there. The town square with all the statues was very cool, and you need to visit the castle on the other side of town (over the bridge with the lions).

There are many good restaurants, and an Irish Pub ran by ex-pats.

The architecture on the older buildings is just very neat.

You'll have a good time.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Big Dog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tsnerd

Lucky basted!! We all wanted to go to budyfest but got "stuck" on the beaches of Croatia!!!

When were you there? (Bosnia that is)
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GEE everyone seems to travel to such cool places.. ive bearly have ever got over the border to canada... and they wont let me in there anymore.. but on the plus side I have seen 46 on our 50 states. I think there was a ad campain once that sead explore america first... and that I have.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My elder daughter visited Budapest last year when she was backpacking around Europe.
She really liked it.
The weather was hot when she visited at the end of July so she enjoyed visiting Buda Castle and the labyrinth
So something different she suggested was the telephone museum, not many visitors so the attendant was thrilled when she walked in
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic