SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How to reply?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lobo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Working on my first romance bait. The vlad seems to be running a pretty standard script, except that several times in one letter he's asked about being engaged. I am taking that the right way, or is he asking something else?

Quote:
what I would like to know than
you are engaged in general

and
Quote:
Than you are engaged?

and
Quote:
Than particularly you are
engaged?

Quote:
Than you are engaged?
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When they say "engaged" it doesn't mean in the sense of about to get married. It's more, busy or occupied. They're basically asking how you are. Sort of like "how did your day go?"

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as always, they make a problem, they have to explain, you don't have to teach them proper English though Twisted Evil

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your unlikely to get your own questions answered anyway at the beginning of the scripted letters.

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
poggy4u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1st of all let me come clean that I have already broke some of the do not's. I have given my real name and city to this "Nataliya Borisova" @
[email protected]. I have written back and forth with her/them for a couple of weeks. I for what ever reason decided to google her name and to no surprise to me at all. There were multiple listings with the same exact e-mails that she had sent me. What do I do now to try to fix the possible damage. Here is her supposed picture page.
POG
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome at the eater, you found us and not too late.
First stop all contact with her (it's a him 99.99999% sure) and remove him from friends lists and other programs that will give him a chance to bug you. His next email gets determined spam and lets hope that your program keeps him in the garbage can where he belongs. Then if you want to get even, you set up a new addy with no realtion to your Real Life and bait the %$ out of him Wink How? That's easy, you found us, we deliver, eater membership comes with your own mentor linky to get a mentor and while you're waiting linky something to read while you're waiting for your mentor Smile
And go say Hi to the gang here go introduce yourself to the gang

Have fun and BAIT SAFE

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~ poggy4u,

I have also been in contact with this person. The emails have stopped for now, I think I pissed 'her' off or 'she' just doesn't want to waste time on me. You say you have pictures, but I see no link. The ones I'm getting are at this site:
http://www.prettyg.ho.ua/

Too bad she's not the one I'm talking to. I have done an IP search on the site and it is from Kiev, but the email address comes up with nothing so far. I do have information from the website with a different last name and different email address. Could this be the real info on the girl? I have found a forum that she has post in as a regular person using the other email address. It also gave an address and phone number.

BTW, I'm new here and wish I had found this site earlier. I commend all of you for doing such great work.
poggy4u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so lost when it comes to what you just said. I don't have a lot of experience with that part of e-mails, internet ....ect. That is the same link to her pictures that I had. Even though I haven't written her in a week or so she is still writing me. Not sure what to make of that, but still not replying.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poggy, Block the emails, ignore them.....

The Russians won't bug you forever like the Nigerians.

You may also get a surprise letter from a 'new' girl in the future......

Ignore those also......

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry about it Poggy. Just mark her emails as spam and don't reply. She will give up, but your inbox will probably get a few new scam emails. Watch out for them.

If you want to get into baiting - either this girl or any other scammer - then get a mentor CLICK ME and read the stickies. If you don't want to bait then have a look through the site anyway, it's full of very funny baits.

Edit: i see i was beaten to it.

Last edited by Newdonym on Mon May 05, 2008 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi GJetson. Welcome to Eater. Glad you found us.

Pass the word around to everyone you know that's single and might be searching for romance on the net . . . Google is your friend. I always Google the name and email addy and often the first few lines of an email or a poem they send me. Usually information on them turns up someone.

One thing I learned just the other night when I couldn't find a thing about a lad . . . Googling his phone number he gave me turned up several instances of scams he'd been running using different names and email addresses but with the same phone number! Google is our friend!

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Names, addresses, phone numbers, the Western Union info they give, email addresses, unusual mispellings, dating site usernames.

They are all things that can get results when hunting scammers, yes, Google is our friend.

Welcome all to romance scammers worst nightmare, a forum of people including Wayne our unofficial leader, ready to use our time to waste the time of internet criminals, exposing their scams, humiliating them while educating their victims, what a fun place it can be.

Take a look in the romance baiting sticky, conveniently located in my siggy line, even if you dont want to hang around and play, it will give you a good guide for finding out if your new love is a scammer or if they are genuine, if they are scammers, it will teach you what you can do about it, if they're not scammers, well, I'm not sure what to do then, we dont find many of those in these parts.

You may also like to look at our sister site, www.scamwarners.com , over their it is more serious and deals more directly with victims, information is gathered, victims are identified, then warned and educated.

There is some great work going on around here and the scammers are not so happy about it Laughing you would be surprised to see how much good can be done by a few people willing to fight back Wink take a look in some siggy lines and you will get an idea

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
blacknight
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi i was neally scanned by about 4 ladies that contacted me through dating sites that i signed up too. I couldn't believe such beautiful women would be interested in someone like me that's a lot older than them and i after about the fifth email from them i started to get suspicious and decided to do some research and found this site and WOW so glad i did.
MANY thanks to all the good work. The trouble is i have sent them quite a few pictures of myself and family. does that mean they will use them to scam other people? I hope not Crying or Very sad Now i wanna get even and have setup a bogas email and rejoined the dating sites and now i have 4 new girls ready to go.. Laughing

How do i stop the other girls emails from my own real email account? do i just mark it as spam? do i send them one last letter saying i have found someone else and will have to stop writing to them?

So grateful to all here and now i'm hooked into scambaiting.. Very Happy
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome B'610. You can just ignore them or block their emails. But if they think you're not onto them, they might create new accounts and come after you again. They'll probably pass your email address around to other scammers too.

There probably isn't too much you can do at this point, short of making a new email account. Also, there isn't a thing you can do about it if they use your pictures to scam someone else. You'll probably never know if they do. The only thing you should worry about is if you gave them credit card or bank numbers, which it doesn't sound like you did.

Learn the signs to look for to determine if someone's a scammer. Stolen model pictures is a good one. Way out of your immediate community is another. If they say they're local, ask them questions about the town. Poor English and grammar is another. Scammers rush you to chat with them and then push you to fall in love quickly. They heap on false praise and flattery.

There are more signs. Hang around here a bit and you'll be a pro in no time.

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)

Last edited by OldBaglady on Wed May 07, 2008 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
blacknight
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks oldbaglady, i apreciate your reply and thank God i haven't given them bank details or creditcard details but who knows i might have done if i hadn't done the research i could have easly gone down that path. A couple of them really had me hooked there for a few weeks but the saying i always remembered is "if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely isn't" So glad to find this site to learn the ways of baiting. This is one site i will send money too Smile
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mal and welcome,

I am glad you have found us before sending money, that's what motivates many of us to continue what we do, of course, baiting the scum and having them jump through hoops for us so they can recieve our non existent money is fun but there is a very serious side as well.

These are criminals we are dealing with and we do go out of our way to antagonise and humiliate them while wasting their time and resources, we always love recieving death threats but if we were not safe baiting it may not be quite as fun.

There are many things to learn, safe baiting and how to NOT teach a scammer are at the top of the list and should be learnt before you get started.

Take a look through the romance sticky, (top of the romance forum or my signature line) and please ask if you have any questions.

One thing I think you need to learn first is about selecting an appropriate name to sign up with here, if you once wrote "Spurgeon and Pink sermons", then you should PM a mod and have them change your username, select a name you have not used anywhere else and dont use that name for baiting.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
blacknight
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankyou murry for your advice and i'm am taking my time reading about the best way to go about baiting safely. I'm really getting into this baiting and wanna be good at it. I've already purchase emailtrackerpro and i've just setup an email account that strips my ip and got a couple of new vlads that have sent me their email's to write to them. So i wanna do it right and make sure i've got a scammer and not an honest person. There's one question i have, when they say they use an internet cafe and their header shows their using The Bat! is that a certain give away that they are a scammer for sure?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The "Bat" is a pretty good give away that its a scammer, put simply The Bat is a program that makes it very quick and easy for the vlads to send many emails with little effort, it is a little too complex for most Lads but they too will eventually learn that trick as well.

The Romance Sticky has a pretty good section on The Bat put together by Wayne and will go into more detail.

Lastly I just noticed your avatar, please check for my PM and contact a mod if I am right.

OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG! Murry, you have too much time on your hands if you can use it Googling new members too. Never-the-less, good call! I too found his profile with location and picture. I went back and edited my post.

TBH, it's been a long time since I've first joined or read the stickies but I do hope there's a warning at sign up that new members joining should pick a screen name that can't ever be linked with their real life.

pony

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ This taken straight from the romance sticky thread, not sure if it is in another sticky as well

Wink
Quote:
Safe baiting - Putting on your cybercondom

As with all baiting romance baiting must be done safely, you will hear many of us say to bait safe so what does it mean and how do I bait safely?

All too often we see noobs join up and use the same username as other general interest sites where you may have posted a lot more information about yourself, one noob recently left a trail right to his front door as well as details of family members so if you have done this PM a mod right now and ask for your username to be changed, they will happily do this for you

And no, I only google the new members that have a username that looks like it has been used somewhere else, I am not sure myself how I can tell that Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic