SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should we really.......

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Iama Pimp
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry if this is a bit of a numpty question,but whilst on the toilet(sorry for the mental image
but this is where my best thinking is done) i had a thought.

After reading a few of the stories in the trophy room recently i noticed
that at the end of the bait there were a few "your spelling is crap,your pictures
don't look real....etc..etc" thrown in.

My question is (eventually).... should we be telling them where they are going
wrong Question

Are we showing them where they are going wrong so some poor sod next time
may get sucked in.
Or is it a case of the better the scammer,the greater the challenge Question

As i'm a fng i don't want to talk out of turn...just wondered that's all.

Will try to stay off the toilet in future....promise Wink
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are correct. It is not a good practise to educate the lads. I am guessing that the baits that you are refering to are rather old.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17

Last edited by YeaWhatever on Tue May 06, 2008 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do my best thinking in the shower. The only problem is that I get so into thought that I forget that I have conditioner on my head and try to towel it off. Laughing I never let a scammer know how to improve his work. If anything I try my best to have a negative effect on him.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Trixi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah - some of the funniest baits I've read on here are when someone has managed to introduce a daft word to the scammers vocabulary, or where they are getting them to use a rude word without knowing what it means.
Then if they contact someone else and use it the person is more likely to be put off.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiting has morphed a lot over the years, from the innocent days of reversing the advance fee ("yes, I'll send you your $8000, but I need $80 for the release forms"), which is now out of favour, through burning lads, again out of favour, to mis-educating them - go for it!

This is why you see seemingly literate people consistently using the terrible spelling "fraudstar" in a miseducation drive, you see people using fruit as greetings, etc - the idea being if you can get a lad copying you, he'll sound odd enough to make true victims stop and think twice with luck.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely the way to go. The more they correspond with us the more they learn about our language. Teach them well... Teach them a lot of bollocks. Words like "modality" are definite red-flaggers, we should seed a few more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic