SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Crashing games

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GTA IV, on PS3 & crysis on pc.

Why do the great powers that be, make great software, only for the units to mess up our enjoyment Sad

GTA IV didnt crash before ps3 changed, and crysis never crashed before the latest batch of ms updates, in fact if left alone neither would crash. I could finally fly my little craft and kill the alien threat in my suit, or go online for some escape time from stress by nicking cars and driving a taxi like a drunk at 3am at brands hatch.

what makes this soooo annoying is GTA and Crysis got updated by non essential patches - ones that add little box to ie7, and add a new color to themes - very important indeed not.

I got round Crysis just uninstalled it, and reinstalled - now it knows where the right file is, but GTA has a "12 point guide" wtf "turn off internet" - ummm dude its for multiplayer.

EDIT
Heres some stupid advice from crysis fans:
Crysis might have problems with zone alarm - turn off zone alarm Shocked
What kind of technical advice are these companies letting spewed out.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having problems with Gta iv on 360 Sad

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Found no problems on my brother's PS3. I've only played a small part, but my brother's been playing it religiously and ignoring his schoolwork (And I wonder how he manages to keep a 4.0) and it's been working perfectly for him all the time...

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"turn off internet"

Actually from what I read, you have to disconnect the net from your ps3 to get it to work (if it freezes).

I bought GTA: IV this weekend and have been on it basically all weekend.

Mine never crashed (Xbox 360), and I have been enjoying this game far too much. Laughing
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nvidia caused numerous Neverwinter Nights fanatics much black screen grief when they 'upgraded' their forceware drivers a while ago. It was eventually sorted but left a sour taste in many a gamer's mouth.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ radden yea but on multiplayer disconnecting from the internet is kinda not a good idea lol, I think someone wasnt really thinking when they found that fix lol.

But it plays fine under linux on the 360 emulater Razz the ps3 emulater is ok too. (as long as you dont go to the 2.01 firmware, choose the 1.80 setting)

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3 or Wii. Still have my old PS2 which has survived at least a dozen falls to the ground from the TV. Plus me throwing the controller at it when NFS Most Wanted froze. Though from what I played at my friends house, GTA 4 is amazingly great.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got Assassins Creed offa Steam, ran it for a bit, and then it crashed. (Kaspersky whined about the games processes injecting into itself. An annoying habit of game design.)

...Feeling dangerous, I exited Kaspersky... and Assassins Creed never crashed for the entire rest of the game.

Wouldn't try stuff like that without a router though.

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So far GTA IV works good on the 360, but I haven't got far enough into it to really put it to the test. I don't do the "live" thing, else I'd have no time at all for baiting (and that whole job thing), so I couldn't help you there.

Great friggin' graphics though, even if a lot of bad track suits are involved. Hopefully there'll be some good clean nudity later on too. Don't spoil it for me.

[soapbox rant] Now that I think of it, how come it's totally OK to depict profanity, mindless violence, absolute lawlessness and impaired driving and that's all acceptable, but any sort of nudity brings down the wrath of televangelists and Tipper Gore? Does anybody else see a flaw in the logic here? [/soapbox]
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I have often wondered this myself.

In Assassins Creed, you start off kidnapped, held against your will, and experimented on. I can then take a hidden blade, and stab any random passerby, and leave them to die. I also FREQUENTLY am expected to kill 4-8 or more men in a swordfight (it's easier if you stealth-kill one sto start off). The game is about stabbing and killing people!

All this nets a healthy "M" rating. Fair 'nuff.

Yet, if ONE female were to show ONE boobie? Instant AO rating. Show a little sex? Instant AO or worse!

...Yaknow, sex is hardly a secret. Every person or animal you see was generated by sex, and I've heard that people do it for... FUN!! *gasp*!

Yet show one little naughty taboo bit and the censors go nuts. Go fig.

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.
Big Dog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah it's this whole Puritan crap that has been going on for quite a while now. Started somewhere back in England when religeous figures were disgusted with the Saternalia celebrations (a month long drunken orgie arround the time that is now December).

Puritans hated anybody having fun, or *gasp* SEEEEXXXXXX. I have no idea what people's problem is with sex. These friggin religiuos nutz make me just as mad as the damn scammers!!! Shocked

But I don't know what this has to do with crashing games, so XBox 360 sucks and crashes!!! yeah!!! No seriously, mine does Sad on Assasins Creed no less
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic