SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Multi lingual front page for eater.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Having read of the serious recent events, isnt it about high time we made the front page of eater multi lingual?

I am sure if we ask members we have every language under the sun as members who might be able to translate it?

Im asking because i want more people to be able to read and understand what 419 is and how to avoid it, I really think a multi language area would convey the message to more people, also include some groups for victim support etc.

Lets send a better more powerful message, and carry on what shiver so well began, it does make sense to have victims know there are people who actually do care, theres organisations to help with debt worldwide, organisations to help with crime worldwide, and support en-masse.

And to let them know there not alone, there not stupid, the scams exist from people feeling sorry for a lad needing an education - now you cant say thats f**** greed, to scams for multimillion pound dead relatives, that shows the diversity, we need to convey a message that we do not allow people to be scammed, we try to fight it, but if it happens we understand, theres professional people out there to care for them, etc etc, just so no one else dies!

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How would you propose this be done?
Are you thinking of country flags that people can click on to get the page in their own language?

My own request would be to add to the appropriate page a link to a site in th eir own country, if one exists that will lead them to more information or a baiting site similar to this one.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A line of each language ie

Does someone want to transfer to you huge sums of money, cash cheques for them, donate their money to charity or pay you more than something is being sold for? IF SO IT IS A SCAM!

and then

Est-ce que quelqu'un veut virer sur toi les montants d'argent �normes, ch�ques ordinaires pour eux, donner leur argent � la charit� ou vous payer davantage que quelque chose est-il vendu pour ? SI AINSI C'EST UNE ESCROQUERIE !

for as many languages as seen fit. I'd suggest (on rough basis of people who are fluent) English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Indian as the basics.

The statements above could be clickable onto a new page giving a more detailed "report" of 419 scams/fraud etc in each language-with back buttons in english and the other language. Also with the possible emphasis ie which one is more prevelant in each region/country. Please also include an internet savvy/awareness guide of how to stay safe online-stuff about giving out personal info etc etc

Also along the bottom of the screen (or below the translations) could be various other flags of languages/countries that aren't listed above and a smaller page of information.

Just my 2c's worth.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lets face facts here, the vast majority of scammers do their dirty deeds in English. It may not be their first language, but they play the percentages and make sure that their "scattergun" approach reaches the most potential victims possible. That's always going to include the USA, Canada, the UK, and collateral targets like other Europeans who speak english.

For sure I realise that there are some spanish speaking victims out there (for example) but the hard facts of life are that scamming is generally done in english, and the replies from the victims are generally in english.

Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, is that we don't need to get all multilingual here at 419eater. But that's just my opinion.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mugatu i respect your opinion, but my thinking is we do need multi-lingual ability.

A multi lingual message would reach more people, and using googles rank for eater actually save people ever becoming victims - regardless of the language the email is in.

Then theres the bit about debt, despair, feeling alone, isolated, thats a terrible price these people pay and it does need addressing, but we have to recognise not all our visitors can read english.

What im thinking is multi-linugal saying a message such as
"welcome to 419 eater .. what it is, and "if you have been a victim, the following organisations offer professional help which you may find helps, we recognise being a victim of any kind of crime can be hurtful and cause you to feel alone, here at eater we want you to know your not alone, its wrong what these people have done [ links to agencies etc ]"

Something like that but much better worded of course.

I dont feel I could offer these people support myself, it takes a very special person to be able to listen and show empathy and compassion, and I think eater would be improved if that was added in a multi language setting, with links to exactly those kind of professional bodies worldwide.

Not sure small flags would work, more like the front page reset to multi language with anchors on the top bit to each relevant language.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ The risk is, if you start offering multi-lingual on the front page, there's a chance that newcomers might believe that the forum is multi-lingual and start posting in different languages. The forum will then soon become a mess.

And I have to agree with Mugatu. English is the international language of the scammer. If the vic is being scammed in English, he should be able to read English. Add to that the translation services that some web-browsers have and I don't see the point.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This site has people who are multi lingual and all the better for that.

Recently I have just started receiving a lot of Chinese stuff in to my Inbox. I just delete it. Maybe if we had a thread where people post up their linguistic abilities we could direct the relevant stuff that way.

I'm fluent in English if that is any help.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a very good point to be raised, as its easy to get wrapped up in the fun we have with some of our more inventive lads and may sometimes forget that we are all doing a very worthy and commendable 'public service' of sorts. As such, it would be great if we could broaden the user interface to accomodate multiple languages to make the site more accessible to our continental and international co-baiters.

However, with something as complex as this, the pro's have to outweigh the cons, and for me, i cant seem to see it working. The point about the forums is a very valid point - how many of us would get tired of translating posts ?

What about getting started aswell ? The mentor scheme may become more trouble that its worth if the newcomer speaks a foreign language. I am not and would never doubt a mentor's patience, and i have nothing but respect for mentors, but it is bound to be tiring translating every PM and email and post to get them up and running.

Mugatu also makes perfect sense. The info is out there for real victims in every concieveable language. If it is baiting that a non-english speaking person is interested in, then im sure they would go ahead and do it regardless. If our cousins were that 'into' this as we are, then surely they would have similar sites to this one, but in their own tounge ?

I understand your perspective digital-one, but in my eyes, its not very feasible for members and for the admin team.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I take the points raised, but i didnt actually mean have a multi lingual forum - just a multi-lingual front page.

The aim isnt for victims to actually read it - its in english already and victims dont read that - this we know, but if it was in more languages - just maybe it might save 1 person if there friends read it etc etc.

So if we agree the multi lingual thing is too problematic to do at this time, how about help pages? where eater has links to organisations such as victim support and places like that?

Even if only 1 person ever used those links i still feel, that would be beneficial to have.

Tricia
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What if the forum link was removed on the translated pages, and an additional "please post only in english" request was added to the translation?

On the other hand, this move might have negative repercussions... See what happened to Orkut after the Brazilians invaded it.

Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with digital-one and Tricia's opinions.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@digital-one - we are an English language site. If people that visit the front page see that it is in English, they have the options of not entering the site, or finding someone to translate it for them. Being USA and UK based, this site is expected to be in the language that is universal and the main language of both countries.

The front page is going to stay as is. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Old Coaster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are increasing numbers of sites offering advice to victims in other languages. For instance I also moderate this site

http://foros.el4x4.com/viewforum.php?f=6

It is a Spanish 4by4 site with a forum dedicated to victims. T

United Kingdom Nigeria United Kingdom Spain
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic