SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

When lads turn bad...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lambrum
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all, the text below is copied from Mostly Harmless's thread and to be honest I was really shocked by this.

Is this something a Lad would really do? Would they also go to such lengths as hunting down a baiter (sending their associates) if really p1ssed off?

"This started out as a straight up romance scam. I had hoped to get a few trophy pics and some WU shinanigans. However it turned a bit sinister today when my new found love invited me to visit him in the ivory coast, clearly kidnap and murder are not beyond this lad. So I'm posting this stuff now so that I can get some help in making his life a living hell, if only for a few days".
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a nooby too, but I have definitely seen reliable news reports of kidnappings and murders relating to scams.
IMHO it would also be stupid to give out the tiniest bit of genuine personal information, even a traceable email address, while baiting or even communicating with a scammer in any way. It might only be a one-in-a-million chance, but a scammer could have associates, or, more likely, at the very least, misuse your details (e.g. ID fraud, nuisance mailings, etc.).
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the moment, I have a couple of lads in love with my baiting characters and they are trying to get us to visit them in Nigeria so that we can marry. I think these love lads have gotten past scam for money and are now well into immigration scams. They're after marriages of convenience to escape to the west which they believe is the land of golden opportunity.

One of these lads who has been trying to convince me to come to Nigeria has said that I should come and see the hundreds of white women there who have come to be with and get their men. I'm sure it's an exaggeration on his part but if they've even seen just one, they'll believe it could happen for them.

I don't want to give anyone the impression it would be safe to travel to Nigeria for a romance and there probably are lads who'd rather knock their 'lover' over the head and take their money, but I think most are more hopeful that they can escape Nigeria the easy way are are willing to indenture themselves in marriage to do so.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not baiters they do this to. It's been known for scammers to kidnap, ransom and even kill victims that have flown over to meet them. You'll often see the stories being linked to in the ethics threads that pop up too often, where people seem to think of the lads as lovable rogues. Reading the stories, you'll see just how evil some of the scammers can be. It's another good reason why we keep on telling people to bait safe. People HAVE died at the hands of scammers.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"...so they can escape Nigeria the easy way are are willing to indenture themselves in marriage to do so"

Really OBL,

you're not seriously suggesting marriage is an indenture?

If it is I think I need a refund Very Happy
lambrum
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I always thought they were harmless rogues like someone mentioned. Didn't realise that kidnap and murder was also on the agenda Shocked

Is Nigeria a safe place to visit? Not that I'm planning on going, just curious. Sure a friend of mine went on holiday there or near there a few years ago.
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you ever read The Adventures of Wendy Wilcox? If she had been a real person and actually taken $14K and met those two lads in Amsterdam, she'd most likely be dead.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think I would ever want to be there without being in the security of a tour group. When I was reading up on what it would take for my baiting character to go to Nigeria, I discovered that the US government is being most difficult in issuing visas to single women going to Nigeria to meet an internet fiance. There have been problems. I have heard stories too of lads pretending to be females and kidnapping, robbing and even killing the western men who go there.

The lads too cannot easily get visas to the US. All the time they ask my bait character to meet them in other countries, marry them and bring them into the US as a husband. I have one who is hopefully on his way to Egypt as I write this, for just that very reason. Too bad for him, I won't be there. Twisted Evil

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
lambrum
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1641875,00.html
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@OBL

So which pyramid should be looking at and waiting for the lad to turn up? Too bad there aren't any web cams there just to make sure. Smile

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic