SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

TWAT - Abeche Safari - Movie Poster Contest - Ended

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Without Voting For Yourself, Which Poster Do You Feel Is The Best?

Bohigal - Some Like It TWAT
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Bohigal - Chadfellas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Trixi - Adamu Of The Dead
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Just Jane - Singing In The Sand
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Just Jane - Escape From Abeche
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
RoyalFlush - T.W.A.T.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
RoyalFlush - Anatomy Of A Mugu
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Kryall - The 'Beche
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Big Worm - Chad Boys
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
Big Worm - Chad
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Big Worm - M.I.A.
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
ChainYanker - Driver's Hand
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ophelia Dikki - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Marvinator - Escape From Abeche
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Marvinator - Dumb And Dumber
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Marvinator - Pushing Them
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rootuser - The Hand Of The TWAT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Benjaminbunny - Left Behind
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Benjaminbunny - Lawal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Benjaminbunny - CHEATERS
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Deuzer - Diary Of A Tired Black Man
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MrMe - Lord Of The Mingers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MrMe - Finding Money
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Waldorf - Highway To Hell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Waldorf - Nigeria Lawal And The Last Safari
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Wayne - Mugu's Run
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Baek Du San - Wizard Of Oz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baek Du San - Chronicles Of A Guyman
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Baek Du San - African Safari
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Baek Du San - A Series Of Unfortunate Events
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 64

Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And Please DO NOT vote for yourself!
Smile

Well, it looks like we have plenty of people so far (and hopefully more to come) to make this an interesting, and hopefully hilarious competition.

The safari in question - http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890

The rules are as follows:

1) All movie posters are to be based on actual movie titles, but the titles can be slightly adjusted to fit the context of either the safari as a whole, or a particular piece of the safari that you find is worth highlighting (like the fact that the driver makes them sleep outside in some area that they are locked in for most of the day).

2) Collaborations are welcomed, but it should be known that only ONE prize will be awarded, so everyone in the group will have to squabble over who gets to receive it if your submission wins. Participants may submit as many poster entries as they'd like. The more the merrier, as this is all for laughs.

3) All pictures used as parts of your design (besides the original movie poster) must be pictures that have been collected over the course of the bait, not random lad trophies from other baits. Pictures we used personally (airplane/chopper/pizza) may also be used in your artwork.
Edit to add - You may pull a hand image from anywhere you'd like as well. This is a very important piece that you all should have access to, and we don't have one available in the bait material.

4) We would PREFER that the posters be manipulations of existing artwork for the feature film title that you decide to use, but original designs built from the ground up will be considered, provided the title you choose as your foundation is not 100 percent fabrication.

5) 419Eater.com will have the right to reproduce ANY of the artwork that gets submitted to this thread (not just the winning poster) in any way that the admins see fit. IE - Printing posters/T-shirts for sale to support the cost of running Eater. By submitting your entries here, your permission for the reproduction of your work by 419Eater will be implied.

6) All artwork must be submitted by 05/20/2008 and the winner(s) will be announced on 05/23/2008.

Cast of characters (this will be updated, if needed):

Hero = Adamu Lawall
Brother and traveling companion = Adamu Eze

Villain/Driver
= Emeka (DRIVER HAND)

Rogue church missionaries = Eric (UN translator) and Hamdan Muhammad (Dover's representative in Chad)

TWAT Church officials =

Reverend Benjamin Dover - High ranking official and Adamu's lead contact. He never does anything wrong, but never gets anything right either.

Reverend William U. Phystme - Head of the TWAT church. If you're hearing from this guy personally, you either are doing something VERY right, or VERY wrong. He's impatient, and a bit of a wet-blanket.

Intern = Anita (15 year old that writes the church newsletter)

UNHCR
= Cravin Morehead, and Karim Abdul (Our contacts in Adre on the Sudan border)

Good luck and have fun!! Feel free to use the thread for any questions or general discussion about the contest. We're definitely looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17

Last edited by Professor So And So on Sat May 24, 2008 12:44 pm; edited 10 times in total
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent idea Prof! These guys are endless comic gold.

I took some liberties for the pic of Emeka.

The original. If you haven't seen this movie, do. It's one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater

Last edited by bohigal on Fri May 09, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm working on it right now. Using a 1999 horror/comedy called "Idle Hands".

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Chain. Laughing

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Trixi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a Shaun of the Dead idea in the works. Not sure it'll work but I guess we'll know soon!

EDIT : Here it is! A bit crap but I've only got Gimp so forgive me...

Last edited by Trixi on Fri May 02, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are links to the pictures used in this bait. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone. I could have posted them better, but that would have been work..

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=425
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=450
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=475
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=500
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=600
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=650
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=725

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll go for "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" (The Hand That Rocks The Mugus)

EDIT: And M*A*S*H (H*A*N*D or M*U*G*U)

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Prof so and so

What about using a hand in the poster? I would like to use one but it is not a photo from the bait.

Also, side note, staking my claim on Bad Boys II for my poster. Its actually almost finished.

Cheers,
BW

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I was actually planning on amending the rules to allow for the hand to be taken from elsewhere, but I forgot. We decided that the hand is a crucial piece that people MUST have access to, so everyone, feel free to pull a hand from wherever you like since we have no good hand shot. The hand is the only thing that will be allowed to be taken from outside of the bait pics. Also, I will be adding to the rules that people may submit as many posters as they'd like.

I'll get all that up there in a bit, but wanted to get back to you ASAP on that. Glad you're joining in, BW. It was the posters you used to make that made me think of this contest.

Edit: Both items now added to rules in OP.

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you use non-bait related cartoons or graphics? Like maps or keyshains or whatever?

If so, here's my submission.

(source image)

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ CY, that's totally acceptable but You have the pics in the credits backwards. Adamu Lawall is the guy on the right. Very funny. Can you please keep the link to the larger file there, and adjust the poster size to be able to show in the thread?

ChainYanker

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you didn't say who was who in the thread, at least that I saw. Credits fixed.

Here's the thunmbnail that leads to a larger image:

I don't know how to post a big picture, I'm sorry.

FEMALE

Last edited by ChainYanker on Sun May 04, 2008 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Well you didn't say who was who in the thread.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1124977#1124977

Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, here's my first go at it. I may be disqualifying myself for using part of a body that wasn't in the bait pictures, but I needed the correct stance to make the middle guy look fierce (and I had to use 'Hamden's' face for Emeka's!). You can't see it too well, but the Twat-copter is hovering ovehead Wink

I may have another submission in the works. This is fun.

Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Very funny! Same to you, Trixi! These are great so far. Jane, can you please link to a larger file (if you managed to save one), as I'd like to see a little more of the details.

Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Prof: I, er, lifted the original movie poster from the internets so it was a bit small to start with. That's about as big as it gets before getting all pixelly on me. I'll go back to the 'help' in Photochop and see if there's a way to fix that.

BTW, thanks for issuing this challenge. It's helping me knock the rust off my Photochopping skills. When I get better at baiting it will come in handy.
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony

Last edited by RoyalFlush on Mon May 05, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I made a poster just for shits and grins. This is obviously not a submission, but thought it'd be fun to do one.

Source = http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/08/30/run-fatboy-run-movie-poster/

Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is my submission:

Here is the original:

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Laughing Laughing

Ophelia Dikki
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Here's my entry for the comp. Please excuse the quality. I'm a photoshop/GIMP virgin and did this mainly by hand. But you get the gist of what I an on about. The original is displayed below, and I could not discount being able to wrangle in Sierra Leone into my safari (when you see the original you can see why).

RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another one:

The original image (yes, the quality sucks):

pony
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gotta question.

Professor So And So wrote:
2) Collaborations are welcomed, but it should be known that only ONE prize will be awarded, so everyone in the group will have to squabble over who gets to receive it if your submission wins. Participants may submit as many poster entries as they'd like. The more the merrier, as this is all for laughs.

What's the prize?
A scenic tour of the TWAT facilities in Darfur?

FEMALE

RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CY: I was kind of hoping that the winner would get one of those swanky T.W.A.T. robes with the pink sash. Smile

pony
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, is anyone going to be doing Adamu & Emeka's Excellent Adventure? Please? (I don't have access to Photoshop at the moment).

FEMALE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic