SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm new to this... and need a little help.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Black Captain Morgan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've recieved photos and an address of a person 'from' houston that is in Nigeria on business. I am assuming that this lady is a victim and was wondering if there was any way I or any of you could check this and maybe warn her of her status.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's far more likely that the "victim" is actually a scammer pretending to be an American in Nigeria. That's a very common ploy. If you can post the email with headers (with your own address xxxx-ed out) we can check it over.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
The Black Captain Morgan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the conversation actually was conducted through ims on yahoo. but here are the emails anywho... any more info you need just let me know. This person did give me an address of 'her place' in Houston. However, she is supposedly in Nigeria on a trip and will be back in a couple of weeks. She decided today that she wanted me to send her $200 to pay for her 'internet' so we could continue to talk (through Western Union, of course).

Here"s my pix
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:14 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified "Tracie Logan" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts
To: XXXX@XXXX Message contains attachments1.jpg (23KB), 2.jpg (30KB), 3.jpg (30KB)Here"s my pix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Flag this message My pics
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 1:58 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified "Tracie Logan" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts
To: XXXX@XXXX
Message contains attachmentstracie.jpg (30KB), traciee.jpg (43KB), traciem.jpg (24KB)

I will love you to send me yours too ok .

I really can't wait to meet you .

Yours ,

Tracie

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

tracie.jpg
traciee.jpg
traciem.jpg
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about you post up one of the pics? The "currently working in Nigeria" line is pretty commonly used by romance scammers. Maybe we can point you to where the photos were stolen from.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi The Black Captain Morgan,
with beard and wooden leg ? Laughing

The lady on the picture is a victim of ID theft, they found her picture somewhere online and are now using it to fool their victims.
If that lady was really in trouble would she email you ? Rather her family and friends or the embassy I think. That lady by the way is a male, so despite her good looks it's not going to work I'm afraid Wink
As said ^^^ the header of the email contains some information that we can use to locate the sender.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm fully aware of the false nature of the lady, my question was more to figure out "Where the pictures came from and Is the lady aware of her situation of being used to scam". Thanks though.

Ohh, just to let ya know the reason her 'family' couldn't help is they were all "tragically killed in an accident while on thier way to Europe."

P.S. The screen name came from one of those damn email quiz thingys.
My 2nd favorite color and Favorite Alcoholic Drink would give me my superhero name, a la "THE BLACK CAPTIAN MORGAN"
The Black Captain Morgan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Image[/img]
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I might have met her too, I don't keep record, but some here do and will know her aliases Laughing

The header of the email is that part that is normally not shown on the screen. Depending the program you use you have to look for an option, show original, message source or something like it.

Does the picture look like Houston? Does she look like Houston ? Right Wink

Edit: I would have thought that a wooden leg would add some flair to the character Laughing But if you can drink it, it's ok too Wink beers!

Stolen from a Dragonlady
Quote:
Hotmail
On the upper right hand side of the screen you'll see "Options". Click on it, then go to "Mail Display Settings". Where it says "Message Headers", change the option to "Advanced". Once that's done, click on "OK" and you'll see the headers of all the emails you get sent.

New Live Hotmail
It easier than in others. Go to in your inbox, highlight e-mail and then right click on it. In the menu select "view source" (last option) and here you are you have all header and mail in your hands.

Yahoo
Open your email. Scroll to the bottom of it and click on "Full headers". There they are. Nice and simple.

Gmail
Open your email. Look for "More Options" next to the date the email was received. In the new set of options that pop up, look for "Show Original" and click on it. Your email will open up in a new page complete with headers.

Fastmail
On the same line as the subject, to the right of the screen you'll see "Show full header". Click it.

Thunderbird
Open your email, hold down the Ctrl key and (while still holding it down) press U. Up pops a window with the headers.

MSN 7.5
Open the Inbox e-mail.
Press Alt and Enter together presto there's the info.

Outlook Express
Right-click the message from the preview panel. Choose "Properties". Click on "Details" tab. These are full headers.
If you need to see both: the full headers and the message itself, click on the "Message Source" button. The headers are displayed in bold.

NETZERO Check this page
http://www.netzero.net/support/security ... l#fullhdrs
Also has instructions for:
Eudora
udora

* Eudora Pro
* Eudora 4.3
* Eudora 5.0

Microsoft Outlook

* Outlook 97
* Outlook 97 (sr1, 2)
* Outlook 98 / 2000
* Outlook 2002/XP/2003

Outlook Express

* Outlook Express 4.x
* Outlook Express 5.x
* Outlook Express 6.x

Netscape

* Netscape Mail 3.x
* Netscape Messenger 4.x

Thanks to Stepan Fetchit

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here"s my pixTuesday, April 29, 2008 2:14 PM
From Tracie Logan Tue Apr 29 11:14:18 2008
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta153.mail.re1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 68.142.207.222 (HELO n13b.bullet.mail.mud.yahoo.com) (68.142.207.222) by mta153.mail.re1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:17:37 -0700
Received: from [209.191.108.97] by n13.bullet.mail.mud.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 29 Apr 2008 18:14:20 -0000
Received: from [216.252.122.216] by t4.bullet.mud.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 29 Apr 2008 18:14:20 -0000
Received: from [69.147.65.168] by t1.bullet.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 29 Apr 2008 18:14:20 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp503.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 29 Apr 2008 18:14:20 -0000
Received: (qmail 11606 invoked by uid 60001); 29 Apr 2008 18:14:20 -0000

DomainKey-Signature: Deleted - Page Blowout Evil or Very Mad

Received: from [41.204.224.39] by web45814.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:14:18 PDT
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified Tracie Logan <[email protected]> Add sender to Contacts
Subject: Here"s my pix
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="0-79006893-1209492858=:11027"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Length: 114456
Message contains attachments 1.jpg (23KB), 2.jpg (30KB), 3.jpg (30KB)
Lou Smorals
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it definately points to Nigeria!
Quote:
IP address: 41.204.224.39
Reverse DNS: [No reverse DNS entry per ns.directontv.com.]
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Unknown]
ASN: 0
ASN Name: IANA-RSVD-0
IP range connectivity: 0
Registrar (per ASN): Unknown
Country (per IP registrar): NG [Nigeria]
Country Currency: Unknown
Country IP Range: 41.204.224.0 to 41.204.255.255
Country fraud profile: High
City (per outside source): Unknown
Country (per outside source): NG [Nigeria]
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.afrinic.net
Known Proxy? No
Link for WHOIS: 41.204.224.39

But a pound to a penny that the photo's were stolen from the net or another vic. ! Ask the question...why is it that it is ALWAYS the good looking, well stacked ladies whose families are tragically decimated in some accident or other?

Can we all jump in and play please????

"I really love you coz i haven't see you" - John Martin
"I want to admit to you that you like me very much." Why thank you Tanya, I thought I did!
"This is the last benefit of doubt." - Efcc
"please climb in a head write to me that I did not worry for you" - Natalya
"i dont even at this stage know your sex:male or female or you are also metrosexual. f**K you!!!" - J03l - I really think he likes me!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can understand you're doubting, now try this, make a nice new email address and write her a letter from there, just tell her you have seen her pictures at a friend and stole her email addy. Wink That should tell you.

Jump in means that he wants to bait her too, up to you, but make sure you're sure first. Now you can understand why those scams work!

Sorry

Have fun Twisted Evil get even

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say ya'll jump right in, but don't forget the goggles...

P.S. Keep me updated on the fun ya'll have with this one!

P.P.S. I've been talking to her via Y!Messenger, 'her' screenname is angel_tracie18
Lou Smorals
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Captain Morgan! I will introduce Seymour Totty to her...he is getting bored with Vlads at the moment...none of them seem to like WU MTCN S3CURE for some reason!

"I really love you coz i haven't see you" - John Martin
"I want to admit to you that you like me very much." Why thank you Tanya, I thought I did!
"This is the last benefit of doubt." - Efcc
"please climb in a head write to me that I did not worry for you" - Natalya
"i dont even at this stage know your sex:male or female or you are also metrosexual. f**K you!!!" - J03l - I really think he likes me!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic