SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Smoking not allowed!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometime last year, bombardier started a "quit smoking" thread that I tried to play along with. I was doing pretty good for a short time, then just went back to smoking like nothing ever happened.

Since that time, I have been wanting to quit, but I guess just not wanting it bad enough to actually do it. Until last Monday that is. Monday April 21st at 8:15 am was the last cigarette I smoked. I think the only thing stopping me was the fact that I thought it would be impossible to quit. I used this disgusting things smoking does link to get some info on the damage I was doing to myself. After printing it off, taking it home and reading it, I was ready.

OK, here's what I want to know. Did anyone that quit during Bomb's thread quit for good? Are you still not smoking? And........does anyone else feel like quitting? Since I have gone a full week now, I feel like I stand a pretty good chance of doing it for good.
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry, I think I might try to join you on this one.

I'm trying to quit for some time already but never managed to really do it. I have reduced it for a while, but then went back up again. Not as high as before, but still more than I did for a while.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to go!!!!

Props on trying to give up again. Hope you can stick with it this time.

Thankfully i never started, so won't have to test my will power just yet.

Hope someone else decides to give up with you.

Edit: Good job rootuser. Gold luck to both of you.
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best of luck to you both

And if the withdrawal symptoms make you nasty take it out on the lads

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Harry - take it out on lads or your son, i think most here would prefer you take it out on your son Wink

Good Luck, though, it is a nasty habit to break.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This new website should also be a tremendous help for you, Harry

http://www.becomeanex.org/

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck to you all on giving up
My hubby gave up smoking about a year ago,
At first he used the nicorette inhalators, so he had sonething in his hands when getting the nicotine hit
then he moved on to lozenges

The house is beautifully smoke free now Very Happy
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck Harry. No wonder you are acting like such an arse face lately. Laughing Best of luck with quitting.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I was always an arse face. Now I'm a smoke-free arse face. Very Happy
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best of luck Harry and rootuser. I know that you both can do it. Please keep us informed of your progress. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck to you both. Smile I know how hard it is, and I wish you well, but don't beat yourselves up if it doesn't work this time, cos that will make it harder next time you try. It's a process that could take more than one or two tries. Smile

I last smoked 20 months ago. This is my third and most successful go at not smoking, and I think there are several things that have contributed to it working. This time I have told myself I am not giving up for good, I am just putting smoking on hold until I am 70; I don't like the idea of never being able to have a cigarette, but somehow I can cope with having to wait a very long time for my next one. Also I had Zyban prescribed for me by my GP, and I used a nicotine inhaler for the first 2 months, then carried it with me like a security blanket for the next 3 months, barely using it at all. I'd heartily recommend the inhaler; it gives you something to do with your hands, and it also fills the gap when you have been used to having something to suck on. No sniggering at the back, thank you. Laughing

PM me if you want moral support at any time, and good luck. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
Also I had Zyban prescribed for me by my GP

I used Zyban as well, worked like a charm. The only side effect were some very odd and NSFW dreams.

Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

clapping clapping clapping YAY HB & Rootuser!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

I quit smoking almost 2 months ago. I just decided today was the day & I stopped. I had been wanting to quit for a while but also didn't think it was possible. But it is! The longer you go w/o one, the more you are invested in stopping for good. I still get urges to smoke...esp. when I'm driving and the other motorists refuse to drive as fast as me, which frustrates me to no end, but i just take a deep breath, blast my music, & start analyzing where i can weave thru traffic to get 3 cars ahead to where there is a 30 car space between that car & the one in front of it & by then I've forgotten all about that I wanted a cigarette.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
I'd heartily recommend the inhaler; it gives you something to do with your hands, and it also fills the gap when you have been used to having something to suck on.

Resisting urge... to... make comment... about Harry's favourite... pastime.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
I last smoked 20 months ago. This is my third and most successful go at not smoking, and I think there are several things that have contributed to it working.

The timing as to Eight's quitting and her finally acknowledging her secret crush on yours truly is totally coincidental, I assure you.

Good luck Harry et al (some latin for Eight).... Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been using the nicotine gum. Last week I was chewing 1 piece per hour.This week I decided that 1 piece every 2-3 hrs was worth a try, and it seems to be working out pretty well. The real difference this attempt is that I really want to quit. I know a week does not seem like a lot to most people, but for me a week is like an eternity to not have had a cigarette. I have smoked for at least 35 years.

I really don't know if the gum is helping or not, but I will keep using it for another few weeks at least. The things that make it all seem worthwhile are happening already. My senses of smell and taste are improving already. My nose doesn't stay plugged up all the time anymore. If this can happen after only 1 week, I can only imagine what I will feel like in a few more weeks. Most importantly, beer tastes better! Who would have thought beer could taste better than it already did? Laughing

Even more disturbing than how "easy" this seems to be going is the fact that I have even been having thoughts of getting out the ol' bicycle and starting to ride again Shocked no.....screw that..........first cigs, then the weight....... Laughing

EDIT to add: I will probably gain some weight, but I doubt my ass will ever be as big as jojo's.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You and YW just keep up with that favourite pastime of yours man. Keep yourself busy and you'll be just fine.

Goat

bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stick with it guys, it has almost been a year since that thread and i never smoked a single ciggy since i started it, tell everyone you know that you have quit, you will get the "Yeah whatever" lot giving it large but they're the ones you need to make you quit, the last thing you want is for them to say "i told ya so".

Some states from giving up almost a year ago,
Time not smoked: 11 months 2 weeks and 6 days
Cigs not smoked: 14,251
Money saved: 2,495 Euro or 3,901 US Dollars or 1,960 Quid

Good luck all who join Harry and Rootuser and remember if i can do it anyone can Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to go guy/gals... as a former non smoker I would love to stop again. I had quit for over four years but when my wife and I got together It was hard to stay stopped, everyone around me were chain smokers, it started with a ocasional cigar and progressed from there but at least I have kept myself to less than a pack a day... the 20 years before that it was 2-3 packs aday. but I was also drinking back then.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Humm... I've been smoking for some 11 years now. Had some quitting tentatives, but never lasted long. Biggest break was 3 or 4 months.
But then again, I'm an oddball smoker. I have some (very rare) days when I smoke 30-40 cigarettes, I have some (quite often) days when I don't smoke at all or just 1-2-3, and (regular) days when I smoke 10-15 cigarettes (2 20-packs in 3 days).

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry, keep it up.

I quit in November 2006. I rarely get the urge for one now and I even had one about a month ago. Couldn't even finish it. Tasted terrible and I threw it out half smoked. I still dip a little copenhagen now and then but not much.

It's hard, but it's well worth the effort.
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I applaud anyone that quits smoking. I quit 19 years ago but I wasn't a heavy smoker, and smoked for 17 years. It was more of a peer pressure, cool thing to do type of smoking. I had been leaving my cigarettes at home when I would leave the house, and I just got to where I didn't want them. One day I laid them down and have never touched them since. I have never had any cravings, and have never wanted a cigarette.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
SherlockHolmie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hats off to all who have given it up Wink

In 1985 I quit on a WAGER, and stayed smoke-free for about 5 years....I blame an extended stay from an unwanted house guest sending me running back to the habit Laughing

I suppose I need another good wager to give it up again Wink

Best of luck.

"You are a stopid man." - Barr Choy Choong
"Hello Mr Dear and Dumb" - Usman Danququ
"We can not entertain any more insubordinations from you!" - Roberto Correras, United Nations, Cote d'Ivorie Branch
chevyk10darlin
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've found that eating lollipops controls my nicotine cravings really really well... especially the non-normal flavored ones, such as cherry cheesecake and berry lemonade, etc....
Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After having smoked for about 30 years (35 fags a day in the end.. Shocked ), I decided to quit.
Tried cold turkey and lasted about 5 hours. Tried nicotinepatches and lasted about 12 hours. Then gave up.....resigned to the fact that quitting just wasn't for me....
Then a mate at work stopped with Champix....

Smoked my last cigarette at 11pm on 3 February.... haven't had one since (except the few I had in my dreams Laughing )... no anxiety, no stress, no craving, ...no problem....

The only side effects were slight nausea for about half an hour after taking each pill, and incredibly credible weird dreams... am a bit sad that that last side effect disappeared after about two weeks....

Stopped taking the pills 3 weeks ago because I found I forgot to take them fairly regularly without an increase in craving....

Result ? Gained about 5 kilo (but weighing only 60 kilo to begin with that's ok), no more coughing my lungs out each morning, no more phlegm-clogged throat, and saved over 600 Euro (�470 or USD$930)...

Would recommend it to anyone.....

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic