SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this Particular Bait Unethical?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nightwing7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys, this is my first post, so I apologize if I've overlooked a rule or relevant post.

I know there are many posts regarding ethics, but this particular bait really makes me question whether baits such as these are ethical: http://419eater.com/html/ahmed_sadiq.htm

My main question is, isn't it possible that Ahmed is telling the truth that he's trying to raise money to go to Mecca? I know it's unlikely, but wouldn't you admit that it's a possibility? Isn't it possible that Shiver persuaded an innocent person to get a tattoo?

Sure he lied about where he was, but that doesn't mean that his intention to raise enough money to go to Mecca was necessarily false. Same goes with the forged passport; maybe he did in fact give it to the tattoo parlor as collateral and was desperate enough to forge one.

What about George Tabb? He's severely ill as a result of living near the towers on 9/11, and he's used myspace to try to get donations from people. In addition to articles and interviews in various news sources to back his claims, one of my friends knows him well, and his sickness is completely legitimate. If one of you were to receive an email of his, convince him to get a tattoo, and then not pay him what you promised, wouldn't that be unethical of you, even if it was naive on his part?

My main point is: if there is a slight possibility that you're harming an innocent person, isn't that an unethical chance to take? Shouldn't people be allowed to beg without being scammed into getting a tattoo?

By the way, I took no part in alerting Ahmed to the bait.

Ooh look, a poll feature!
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it that time already? Spring must be just around the corner. I believe this is number 7 of the ethic polls.

You have to decide what you will do and how you handle your life. Ethics is only the rules you live by, good or bad. And who is to decide what is bad versus what is good.

My opinion is that there are so many better ways to raise legitimate money instead of blanket bombing every email address you can find. You make the assumption that what if they are telling the truth. What if they are not and have tricked $5000 out of your mother because she was toooo trusting and wanted to help the poor Muslim.

The lid to Pandora's box is now open. Let's keep the comments civil.
>
>
>

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"

Last edited by DrWho on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nightwing7, you're right and I want to help you spread the word. I need funds for the printing of the flyers to help spread the truth. Send me $2800 through Western Union so I can help you. I would cover the expenses myself but I'm waiting for a trunkbox of black money that is promised to me and I spent all of the money my grandma had getting it shipped. I still need money for the chemicals to clean it. But I promise I'll pay you back as soon as I have it.
Betelgeuse
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First thing is we only deal with scumbag scammers. Beggers are a different story with a different MO.

IE - we can smell scam a mile away - lots of charities and beggars have crossed our email accounts unmolested.

I suggest you read our ethics sticky before passing any kind of judgment on anyone here or questioning our motives. I could ask you the reverse:

Do you condone people all over the world being bilked out of millions each year? Do you believe in Phishing sites? Do you think that victims have no rights? How about credit card theft?

THE PEOPLE WE FIGHT USE THESE TACTICS AGAINST VICTIMS and then some. Give me a break...

B

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Getting Started</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Request Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium Benefits</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Refer Victims Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Report Bank Acct</a> ] Mortar x25
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater nightwing7.

As the good doctor said, your ethics and mine may be different, but which one is right or wrong?

That being said -- are you for real? Have you read around this site... or visited our sister site www.scamwarners.com and read about fraud victims real life stories?

Anyone one who is mass mailing me and ask for my help in securing a trunk full of cash, or money left in a bank account is fair game... they can always stop scamming me before they get the first tattoo...

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RE: beggars and whether to bait them. The last one I dealt with had stolen pics from a photographer's website of a starving baby and his mother in India that were taken about 2 weeks before the child died. This piece of shit took the pics, added some beggar text about helping save the baby's life, and not only spammed them all over the net, but was ballsy enough to set up a beggar website soliciting donations to help save a child 2 years dead.

Bait a beggar? You bet your ass I will, and for a hell of a lot more than a tattoo. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nightwing7 specifically used the example of a request for money for something specific and not a 419 type of scam as most of the above are referring to. You should stick to that topic.

Most of the time this type of begging is just a scammer trying to cash in on the current world problem. Once in a while there really is someone who tries this system to get money. There are ways to test this if you are concerned. I have run into a few like this. One was trying to solicit money to go to a college in the US. I check up and did find some facts about it. I finally decided to drop the bait as I could not tell the truth of the scam. You have to decide for yourself.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nightwing7,
Welcome to Eater.
Please feel free to join in with any activity you feel comfortable with.

I am locking this thread, your first here, because we've had our fill of ethics threads and we're not about to start more, or polls, on individual baits.

Edit to add:
Judging by the number of PMs I've received since locking this thread, many members are in favour of the lock. However, many of those had wished to offer advice or information to the OP. I've suggested to them that they use the Private Messaging system here.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic