SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Advance fee fraud offer by letter. And newspaper article

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have continued to spread the good word about scambaiting so as to make more people aware of the advance fee fraud problem. I did get my picture and a story about advance fee fraud, 419eater and scambaiting in one of the major New Zealand newspapers just a couple of months ago. I also described 419 fraud to a work colleague, and today he gave me a letter he has received from Thomson & Ass. SL. "experts at corporate and legal claims", of Toledo, Spain.

This is a standard 419 fraud letter, but it's a real letter, hard copy, typed, etc. He was offered 50% of the $22 million estate of the victim of a fatal car accident on the Madrid las-Matas Highway. The victim "happens to share the same last name (not specified) as you".

My colleague lives on a farm out of the city, and he checked with the mail deliverer who says he dropped off about 20 identical envelopes down my colleague's road.

I've spoken to the local paper and they're going to run an article on this specific fraud to warn people who may have received similar letters.

Anyone wanting to bait this scammer can reply with the usual "I'm interested in your proposition" e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected]. I have a scan of the original letter if you want a copy, leave me a PM with your e-mail addy in it.

NB

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3

Last edited by Nelsonsbattle on Thu May 01, 2008 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I'd like to have the street address that is given in this letter passed on to the Police (Policia National?) in Toledo, just in case these fools are actually operating from Spain. The phone/fax numbers have Spanish prefixes and the city code is appropriate for Toledo.

Could anyone in Spain pass on this information to the Police in Toledo.

The company and address printed on the scam letter is:

Thomson & Ass. SL
Pintor Lorenzo Casanova, 66 7� B-45002
Toledo, Espana.

Fax: +34912919523

Private phone (David L Thomson): +34636635676

The scam letter is a standard 419 fraud proposition, a deposit of $22 million, 50/50 share, and the basis of the approach is that, "I am contacting you in regards to a deceased client who was a victim of a car accident on the Madrd las-Matas Highway (M40) in March 2005. A prominent client of mine happens to share the same LAST NAME with you."

As stated above, I could e-mail you a scan of the letter as a 200 kb jpeg.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And I've just had a newspaper article included in one of the local newspapers, about 12 column inches plus a small photograph, warning residents about this hard copy advance payment scam.

Unfortunately this paper doesn't run a complete website, it only posts the headline articles. However any warning about these scum is worthwhile. It might save someone.

Mortar x3
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nelson, thanks for telling us about this. Good job trying to educate people!

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic