SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Was it love at first sight?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
some1new
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new here. This is my first post. I was on myspace looking for serious relationship, and got a number of men emailing me. Nearly all of those men, are 'contractors' with projects that have brought them to Nigeria. Each man that has responded to me, first has told me everything a girl looking for love wants to hear. Then every one of them, have given me some kind of sob story that now they are in desparate need of money. It ranges from getting checks that can only be cashed in the states, to being mugged. One gentleman said that he needed money to pay for the hotel to watch 'our' son while he flew to the states to visit me. Laughing I can't believe this is all happening to me. Luckily, I haven't had any money to send anyway!
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Myspace is crawling with scammers who trawl for older single women. The usually don't read your profile or look at your picture. It's good you can recognize them so easily but those are usually the amateurs. There are good ones out there that are not so easily spotted.

The best thing you can do when seriously looking for romance online is arm yourself with a few tools you can find in the stickies. Make them send you an email, don't bother with chat. Learn how to check their IP address to be sure they're located where they say they are. If their IP isn't available, ask them questions about their locale or questions any American should know.

Get their phone number and if it's really the area code of where they say they are, ask them to call you. Listen for an accent. If they pass through all the above tests, ask them to meet you in a VERY public place.

Here we mess with the scammers. If you have an anonymous email account that hides your IP address, you can email any one of those scammers hitting on you, say you're interested and watch them do their thing. It wastes their time and makes romance scamming unprofitable for them.

Best wishes.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@some1new,
Welcome here and congratulations, not all people see through those nice sob stories as you might know and pay dearly for their willingness to help a "friend" in need.
We are trying to slow them down a bit, shatter their believes, teach them new words that should warn real victims and generally have some fun with them.
Now that doesn't really make us good people and might say something about us we don't really care about, but as government and police aren't doing anything we think we can prevent them from working at full capacity and in that way help to the cause a bit while having fun.
If you think you might give it a try you're welcome. We can set you up with a mentor who will explain and help you to play this game as safe as you can. linky to get a mentor and as it might take a few days before we find the right one linky something to read while you're waiting for your mentor Smile
Read the forums and if you think it's your kind of fun, click the mentor link and pick a new "friend" from the surplus forum.
Welcome, have fun and bait safe!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic