SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Favourite Beatles track?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know there's been Beatles themed baits before, but if this threads been done I didn't find it (no, that's not a challenge).

Some of you will hate them and say 'none', but for the rest, what's your favourite Beatles track?

Mine changes, but 'Rain', B-side of 'Paperback Writer' has always been high up there since I found it on a French Jukebox, on holiday with my Mum and Dad in 1966. Ringo is at his best, drummers are still trying to sound like that. Paul's bass line drives it, and Lennon's voice just floats by trippily.

Quote:
RINGO 1984: "My favorite piece of me is what I did on 'Rain.' I think I just played amazing. I was into the snare and hi-hat. I think it was the first time I used the trick of starting a break by hitting the hi-hat first instead of going directly to a drum off the hi-hat. I think it's the best out of all the records I've ever made. 'Rain' blows me away. It's out in left field. I know me and I know my playing... and then there's 'Rain.'"

Quote:
JOHN 1980: "That's me again-- with the first backwards tape on record anywhere... I got home from the studio and I was stoned out of my mind on marijuana... and, as I usually do, I listened to what I'd recorded that day. Somehow it got on backwards and I sat there, transfixed, with the earphones on, with a big hash joint. I ran in the next day and said, 'I know what to do with it, I know... listen to this!' So I made them all play it backwards. The fade is me actually singing backwards with the guitars going backwards.

Not everyone has ever heard it, the Beatles didn't usually put singles or their B-sides on albums.

YOUTUBE LINKY

That may be my favourite, but if they don't play 'I'm Only Sleeping' at my funeral, I'm coming back to haunt them all - woooooo!

Anyway, what's yours?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has to be "Let it be" Very Happy Actually, it's about the only Beatles song I know. Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

'Hello Goodbye' First single I ever bought. Plus 'Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields' I lived just opposite PL and the roundabout mentioned in the song. The PL street sign was always getting nicked.

To turn it on its head the one's I can't stand are 'I Am The Walrus' and the really early stuff which now sound so dated. Which, I suppose thinking about it, they are!

Currently baiting the good Pastor Ballsack in the 'Another GOAT' thread as Father McKenzie, from the Church of 4,000 Holes, in Blackburn, Lancashire. Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A "yellow submarine" has appeared in a couple of baits I've done. My favorite Beatles song: "I am the Walrus" [sorry TS].

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Jude
http://www.broadcastyoutube.com/watch?v=GgLnKJ-2OW4&feature=related

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Impossible question mate. There are too many almost technically and melodically perfect songs IMO. One less obvious one that springs to mind is She's Leaving Home but I could name at least a dozen more I'd be happy to listen to on my Desert Island LOL

Is Radio 4 still doing that BTW? Here in the colonies we don't get to hear it more's the pity. Also the Archers, Just A Minute and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue [OK, I'm veering OT, enough]

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have two favorites:

1) Maxwell's silver hammer

Quote:
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down on her head.
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Made sure that she was dead.

2) Revolution

Last edited by Harry Bawls on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Suddenly,
My wallet's half the size it used to be,
There was a court case hanging over me,
Now my house is... in jeapordy.

Yesterday,
A wooden legged woman came to play,
But she was mad and now I have to pay,
Oh boy do I... rue yesterday.

Why she
Had to go to the press, she wouldn't say.
I did,
Something wrong, now I long for yesterday

Yesterday,
She seemed sane and so I let her stay,
Now she's taken all my cash away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not really a Beatles fan-but i do like Lennon's "Watching the Wheels"

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When The Beatles came to the US in 1964, I was 7 years old. I saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show, and instantly loved them. One of my favorite songs from their early days is I Feel Fine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PykzyxWYS3Y&NR=1

There are so many songs on all their albums that I like. No other band made such an impression on me. I remember the anticipation when announcements went out that a new Beatles album was being released. We rushed down to the music store to get a copy before it sold out. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im a big elanor rigby fan and after david cole did it on amarican idle a few weeks ago.. I love it even more. he did such a amazing job with it.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I particularly like this one as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfoccRna6I

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's well funny ToS. My favourite mocumentary film is 'The Rutles - All You Need is Cash'. I have the DVD,album, and a poster for the Tragical History Tour'with such tracks as 'I am the Waitress', 'Your Mother Should Go' and 'The Fool on the Pill' Smile

LINK

If the location looks like the one where The Beatles filmed Magical Mystery Tour, particularly the 'I am the Walrus' film, it's because it is the same location.

There's also this, 'Cheese and Onions',LINK
from 'Yellow Submarine Sandwich'. again, any similarity between the cartoon and 'Yellow Submarine' will be down to it being drawn by the same people.

take no notice of the 1969 date on Youtube, this was done in 1978, long before the tribute band had been invented. John and Ringo loved it, George was in it, Paul threatened to sue... Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Link added to 'Cheese & Onions' - D'oh!

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RC � why do you always create problems, I was going to have a simple day with no thinking required and then you post this � damn! You should stick to renovation topics.

Gnasher has it right -

Gnasher wrote:
Impossible question mate. There are too many almost technically and melodically perfect songs IMO.

There are so, so, so many but the �The fool on the hill� has always been extra special.

YouTube Linky

And . . . and . . . some basic facts to waste more of your time.

Quote:
Songfacts: Paul McCartney wrote this. It's about a man who is considered a fool by others, but whose foolish demeanor is actually an indication of wisdom. An event which prompted this song happened when Paul was walking his dog Martha, on Primrose Hill one morning. As he watched the sun rise, he noticed that Martha was missing. Paul turned around to look for his dog, and there a man stood, who appeared on the hill without making a sound. The gentleman was dressed respectably, in a belted raincoat. Paul knew this man had not been there seconds earlier as he had looked in that direction for Martha. Paul and the stranger exchanged a greeting, and this man then spoke of what a beautiful view it was from the top of this hill that overlooked London. Within a few seconds, Paul looked around again, and the man was gone. He had vanished as he had appeared.

A friend of McCartney's, Alistair Taylor, was present with Paul during this strange incident, and wrote of this event in his book, Yesterday. Both Paul and Alistair could not imagine what happened to this man. He had seemed to vanish in thin air. The nearest trees for cover were too far to reach by walking or running in a few seconds, and the crest of the hill was too far as well to reach in that short time. What made the experience even more mysterious, was that just before this man first appeared, Paul and Alistair were speaking to each other of the beauty they observed of the view towards London and the existence of God. Once back home, they spent the morning discussing what had happened, trying to make some sense of it. They both agreed that this was something others were infer occurred as a result of an "acid trip," but they both swore they had not taken or used any drugs.

When Paul filmed the sequence for this song in the film, it shows him on a hilltop overlooking the town of Nice. This began as a solo composition with Paul McCartney at the piano. Flutes were added last. Paul played this for John Lennon while they were writing "A Little Help From My Friends."

John made him write down the words so he wouldn't forget. This was used in the Beatles movie Magical Mystery Tour.

p.s. this hangs at the end of the hall and is one of my treasures.

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First orchestra I auditioned for I had the horn solo Berceuse from Stravinski's Firebird Suite ready. I was asked to play something else so I did Hey Jude and got the chair.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@GoldHat - Many (many) years ago, a girlfriend of mine was at Liverpool University & lived just round the corner from there. Used to visit her at weekends & got to see quite a few 'significant' places.

Favourite track? Impossible to say. Depends on what mood I'm in, but 3 favourites (no particular order):

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
Paperback Writer
Helter Skelter

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow........there are so many great ones.

I'll go with "There Are Places I Remember"

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, right. That's like asking to pick your favorite child or sibling. I know, this is too many, but it is the shortest list I could manage.

Early Beatles
I Saw Her Standing There
She Loves You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
All My Loving
Help!
A Hard Day's Night
If I Fell
And I Love Her
Can't Buy Me Love

Mid Beatles
In My Life
Eleanor Rigby
Here, There and Everywhere
For No One
Eight Days A Week
Norwegian Wood

Late Beatles
Hello Goodbye
Penny Lane
A Day in the Life
With A Little Help From My Friends
Hey Jude
Let It Be
Something
Here Comes the Sun
Medley on Side 2 of Abbey Road

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always loved Paperback Writer when I was younger.

It's not my favourite Beatles song, but this cover, done in a totally different style is one of my favourite songs. Proof that sometimes a cover can be much better than the original.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPhiYx9GS1E

Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, this was like a super tough question. Probably "If I Needed Someone," just because of the vocal work in the song. I love everything on Revolver-its even a good album to listen to if you ever on hydrocodone! With the later stuff, I like "Don't Let Me Down," and "Get Back." I'm thinking about the rooftop performance in particular. I have a bootleg CD of the beatles live in Hamburg back in '62 and they were freaking tight! I also thought some of the songs from "Beatles for Sale" were pretty cool. But it is so hard to say a favorite. I may look at this post later and say but what about the White Album?

Cap419kicker

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Norwegian Wood, or Helter Skelter. (Though I prefer the Siouxsie and the Banshees cover of the latter!) Or Love Me Do. See, it really is impossible to pick ONE Beatles song!

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can remember going on holiday with my portable record player and my Rubber Soul LP. Spent most days with my cousin just playing the album over and over again.
Just an aside from this topic, hubby and I have the A Hard Days Night album but on the edge of the cover it is written as A Hard Nights Day.
Might be valuable, dunno! Laughing

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Norwegian Wood
Twist and Shout
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Dear Prudence

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Jimmy Jazz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Two readily spring to mind - A Day in the Life and I am the Walrus (sorry here too TS!!!). If I was going to select a third, it becomes a bit more tricky - Something and Here Comes the Sun (amongst plenty of others) would be up there though.

As you can see, I'm not much of a Paul fan, but for some reason Lady Madonna has grown on me in recent years - and that was practically a solo single. Go figure Rolling Eyes

I like you because I can sense some kind of strictness in you which reassures me that you are a straigth forward person - M@mudu U5m@n

"I must tell you that you must be one of these internet bugs parasites" - An ongoing lad.

ASSHOL, EAT YOUR DEFICATE., USELESS SOON OF BITCH, POLICT TOILET AND A MISSRABLE ONDIGAR BORN TO BE FAUSTRATED FOR LIFE THAT IS WHAT YOUR ARE.OK - Barrister D0ugla5 Clarl3

pony Closed lad accounts x 4
BD McD
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fool On The Hill

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic