SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

advice needed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bns
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
I'm a new member looking for advice on keeping some loved ones safe.
Certain family members have been approached about some sort of convoluted investment opportunity that involves opening their own offshore bank, developing a south american resort village, and becoming a citizen of a micronation among other things. They've also been advised by the solicitors to read up on the new world order and how bush sr. is running the world. Even better, one of the guys claims to be ex-cia. Personally i think it sounds like a scam wrapped in crazy talk and would really like some direction as to how I can investigate these people to see if they are legitimate or not. Is there a government agency i can contact or a website that will let me search for outstanding lawsuits or complaints? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bns wrote:
convoluted investment opportunity that involves opening their own offshore bank, developing a south american resort village, and becoming a citizen of a micronation among other things.

Dunno about the crazy talk, but this reeks of scam. We need more information, though. If you don't want to post it in the open fora, feel free to PM it to either me or a moderator so that it can be looked into.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It doesn't initially sound like the run of the mill advance fee that we deal with here because of all the new world order gubbins, but you're right to think "scam" because at the end of the day these things are never sent out for our benefit, only for the benefit of the person sending them out. After re-reading your post, the mention of "Investment opportunity", "Solicitors" and "Ex CIA" do make me tend towards 419. 419 scammers like to play solicitors, barristers, FBI, CIA etc etc. It supposedly adds to their beleivability factor.

What I'd do first of all (without knowing any of the background or seeing the emails) is to google search the names and email addresses of those who are writing to your relative. Google will often come up with many results linking them to a scam.

Secondly, I'd encourage you, wherever possible (I appreciate this may be difficult) to get a copy of those emails and post them here for us to see. We'd like to see the full original, with headers. That can tell us a lot.

It's also worth trying to get your relative to register with our colleagues at www.scamwarners.com
They are extremely good at identifying scammers, and are experienced in pointing potential victims towards the right courses of action and all the official organisations who can help. I say this as we are more geared to baiting scammers here at 419eater, and not to actual victim support.

Good luck, and get back to us if you need anything.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater.

I'm a member of a micro-nation, it's called Boloxnia (silent 'x'). Google it. We are firmly and proudly stuck in the glorious year of 1957.

Sorry to disappoint you, but in answer to your question, the chances of bringing these b*ggers to book is about as likely as Queen Of The South reaching the Scottish Cup Final. Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To be fair Tommo, bns isn't looking to bring them to book, he's just looking (and correct me if I'm wrong) to prove to his relative that they're not legit:

Quote:
....would really like some direction as to how I can investigate these people to see if they are legitimate or not

For what it's worth though, yes I agree that these chumps are unlikely ever to be brought to book. Although my bookmaker has offered me attractive odds on Queen of the South winning the Scottish cup! Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in contact with bns via PM.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka

Naked Mod pics!
star
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome BNS Very Happy

Scammers often do say they are looking for someone to invest their millions in real estate. Was this something she received in her email? Could you possibly give us more information? Do you have a name for the person or company? The initial letter received would be very helpful.
The ex CIA sounds rather fishy to me.....

edit:
typing at the same time as SF

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
bns
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the help so far. Slayer faith seems to believe it's a ponzi scheme which makes sense to me.

Last edited by bns on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, it's a ponzi. Not my area of expertise, but there are some on here who know quite a bit about them. From the age of the website (started Aug last year), this one is probably in full swing by now. I couldn't find a reference to them on Talkgold, so they are probably still gaining steam.

Honestly, how could you not trust a financial investment company named "Trillion Stars" that is run by a guy named "Joe Galaxy"
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Naked Mod pics!
star
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds a lot like the founders story on http://www.fraudaid.org/about.htm right down to the CIA involvement.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic