SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone Ever Got A Warning Like This?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The quoted email below came from an email address "Godis Mywitness" - the IP locates to Ireland...

I think I'm going to ride this one out and see where it goes. If anyone can give me a heads-up on how to have some good fun with this one, I'd appreciate it.

JREH

Quote:
"Hello brother, i have been compelled by the spirit of the Almighty God, through his son Jesus Christ to give you the following life saving information.This is because i have the convinction that God wants to deliver you through me. Please discontinue with that business you`re about to transact because it`s not a true business. You may find it very difficult to believe me, but i tell you that if you do not listen to the voice of God coming to you through me, it will be too late for you to send me a mail of thanks giving. The poeple who have concluded their arrangements to defruad you, mistakingly approached me and requested me to play a role for them for a successful execution of their evil deal. I have not only refused to be part of this plot, but have also decided to alert you of the evil which is about to befall you, because God will hold me responsible if i don`t let you know of this.I have preferred to be annonymous for security reasons because the group of poeple who are into this game are indeed evil. Again, you could be pressurized to disclose the source of your information. But even where this may not be the case, please pretnd as though nobody had alerted you of this danger and dramatically wihtdraw from the entire transaction. If you can make some detective and advanced investigations about that business, your eyes will open and come to senses. Don`t be deceived by the several millions of pounds which is involved. The whole thing is just a game. I have done all i have to do for you because of God and as a child of God. Save your life today and let me know if i`ve been kind to you. God is my witness. Thank you."

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't mess with him, J. Just thank him for his concern.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why would you want to have some fun with the guy?

He took a lot of risk to warn a potential victim that they are being scammed.

I'd simply pass on my thanks

<i><b>your mother was raped by a gang of imbecile and gave birth to a degenerate mother f****r like you<b></i>

New to 419? Sign up for a mentor
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He may be a bit over the top with the "god talk" but certainly, there's not much traction to be had with someone who is warning you away from scams. There are plenty of actual lads out there worth harassing.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, why would you want to have fun with him? He's doing his best to let you know you're communicating with a known scammer. More power to him, I wish there were more of his type out there. Just thank him, tell him you're baiting, and move on. He'll be glad you got back to him to let him know you're fine.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm. Like others say, maybe not worth baiting.
But I have also seen this sort of thing before and when replied to, the lad says "Great. You got my warning. Now what about a reward?"

Reply with just a "Thank-you" and see what happens.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
tell him you're baiting

Probably not a good idea mate, this is not a standard warning.
I see this as either a jealous lad in the cafe who has moved on to a rivals terminal that wasn't logged out properly or a good Samaritan who has sat down at the same terminal.
Just a thank you would be enough

pony pony Mortar x18
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Slightly and Bomb- just a thank you. If it's a good samaritan, he isn't going to know what baiting is.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I stand corrected.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Jack Mehoph
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say feel him out a bit before you write him off. It can't hurt to at least get a little better picture of his true intentions

but what do I know.

Quote:
it seems so clear as i have made you understood,
WTF?
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had just replied to a Holocaust-victims scam letter, and then I got this:

Quote:
wITH ALL DUE RESPECT SIR.....I WANTED TO SCAM YU BY FORGING ALL THESE AND SENT TO YOU. I AM JUST A SCAMMER FROM NIGERIA....I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WILL CONTACT YU WITH THIS SAME STORY OR RELATED ONCE.PLS DISREGARD MY EARLIER EMAIL. ALL IS TO SCAM YOU.....ANY BODY THAT CONTACTED YOU WITH A MOUTH WATERING OFFER....PLS DISREGARD THEM. I HAVE RECEIVED CHRIST AS MY PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR SOME HRS AGO. I DECIDED TO LET YU KNOW THAT ALL IS SCAM.PLS DISREGARD ALL THESE BULSHIT, WEATHER FROM THIS EMAIL ACCOUNT OR ANY OTHER. THANKS BE WARNED!!! TRY READ SCAMLETTERS.COM OR RELATED LINK.......

I replied:

Quote:
I see.
Thank you for the warning. I won't be taken in by this again!
Who are you, and how did you get involved in this business?
My thanks again

He didn't reply.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Because he was expecting a WU "thank you"? Rolling Eyes Pah! You can tell a genuine warning when you get one because no hands are held open.
I only got two so far, that is, my baiting character did. I took that as kind of compliment for being convincing then Smile
Because I was very new that time, I PMmed them both to a more experienced baiter because I did not know how to react to them Embarassed and was advised the same here, just say thank you.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic