SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I Had No Idea...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Annikki
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Though long a fan of scambaiters and their adventures, until joining the forums just last night I had no idea that the morons, pervs, and (as we called them) "poon trolls" I dealt with on a regular basis via YIM were actual scammers.

Before you think me completely dense, let me explain that I often never let them get far enough into a convo or extended chat with me that they could ask for money. Sure, I've had them ask for help in coming to this country (usually in the form of my marrying them and making some extra $$ in the process for myself), but never an outright query for funds to help with ailing family members or whatever-else-they-might-come-up-with.

One asked once, quite up front, and I sent him enough ROTFL smilies to blast him into next week.

It was back in '03 or '04 that a friend and I got into the "poon troll hunting" business. At first, we just posted online the saved chat transcripts when losers, low-lifes, and pervs would IM us asking for cam-sex, cyber sex, or to meet up with them in a hotel room when they'd next be flying into our area for cheat-on-the-wife-during-a-business-trip sex. We'd string them along just long enough to get the facts and prove their pervy-ness, and then cut them loose.

These transcripts got many guffaws and were popular enough that I threw them all together in a blog format, named it and bought the accompanying domain name, and actively began pursuing my poon trolls. If there's one thing I've learned it's this: the only two things you need to be to attract these types to you are 1) Female and 2) Online.

The easiest way (and this may be something you love scambaiters can try out) was to sign into a Yahoo! Chat Room and just sit there. I never chatted in the room, but would soon enough be bombarded with IMs. Often I met some great guys, had nice conversations, and even became friends with a few. Much more often, the IM came from a misogynistic jerk asking my bra size and demanding I turn my cam on (after the prerequiste and ever-so-annoying umpteen BUZZes). If you'd like to know the Chat Rooms that always worked for me, just ask. Some get no hits, while others tend to be more productive; I have two I go to all the time.

I learned to spot them - the way they talked/chatted (grammar, spelling, etc.) - a mile away. Imagine my surprise to learn here, at the forums, that these same dead giveaways...a certain type of "accent" and English-usage in chat, the overuse of the BUZZ button (which has, more than once, sent me into a rage), the "falling in love" in 2.3 seconds, so on and so forth were also indicative of a "love scammer"!

I didn't even know there were such things! My main purpose in keeping up the site, where I post the transcripts, was - not only for laughs - but to warn other women about these men; so that anyone Googling any of the user names would find my site and see what dirty tricks they were up to (I've gotten emails thanking me for this very thing...some women were chatting these guys up, believing the tripe and thinking they were "the only one"). Now I know I may also have saved some of those women from being scammed!

Most of the time I go off on them, correct and belittle their English usage (something I know now is not kosher, to "teach" the scammers the right way), and basically just tell them and their pervy selves where to stuff it. Now I have a new cause to fight...and a new way to go at them!

I don't want to link the site here, as that's not helping with the whole "staying anon" thing; but if anyone wants the URL, just PM me. It's just in blog format, with the chat transcripts pasted in (my - and my friend who sometimes joins in - have 'fake' names on the site and don't give up our true identities there either).

My main purpose in sharing the site with you guys is that many of these Yahoo! user names are still active; every now and again I'll hit up an old poon troll and see if I can get some fresh blog fodder/laughs/etc. You are absolutely free and welcome to IM any of the guys you see on there and recognize as scammers - have fun, by all means!

I also had two legit (well, you know what I mean) 419 scammers - doing the whole cash-fraud spiel right there via YIM. Classic. I didn't know much about baiting at the time, but I kept them both strung along for a couple of days.

I'm very excited to find this section of the scambaiting world, and surprised to realize I'd been wading around in it without realizing! Now that I know what some of these guys are really after, I'm definitely going to be having some more fun! Thanks to all here for the wonderful tips and hilarious stories you've shared.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Annikki! Are you ever welcome here! I'd love to share with you. I'm certain that together we all could take these morons to new levels of ridicule, misery and scam hell.

I have a couple of lads that I know probably hang in chat rooms. I'll PM you to compare notes.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Annikki
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and I can't wait to bring hellish torture to as many scammers as possible, hee! Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Annikki
Welcome here and that�s what I love of the new and young ones, unbridled enthusiasm to give the boys a hard time.
Go at it, but be safe and have fun. O, read a bit, when you got the time. Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks much, Bill2 - I've definitely been reading and re-reading, trying to absorb it all. Safety is key - always first. I learned that the hard way - years ago talking to a nut via YIM (he was quite literally psychotic). I couldn't walk away, it was like watching a train wreck! All hilarious until I angered him enough with my flippant answers that he threatened to track me down and kill me. He later calmed down and apologized but the moment stood out and I changed my profile and info immediately. Better safe than sorry!

I hope I never tire of giving 'em a hard time! Here's to happy & safe baiting!!

Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Annikki and welcome to the world of romance baiting. It looks like you are off to a good start. There are a lot of helpful baiters here so ask questions if you have any.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Annikki
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, as well, PRS. I'm really enjoying reading all of the posts and getting familiar with the inside world of scambaiting; I'm going to have such a blast with the romance baits now that I realize I have some experience with them.

Can't wait to get to know everyone. ^_^

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater Annikki! Glad to see another romance baiter. I'd bet you'd do well baiting some vlads. Enjoy!! Very Happy

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Annikki, we can use all the help that we can get and glad to have ya. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Annikki
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please too meet you both, too, and thanks corona & Fishhead! Watch out Vlads, here I come, hee!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic