SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Here-and quick question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
holy_child
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this, I didn't even realize I had been doing this all on my own, and now I feel like I am around friends. One thing I did a few years ago was bait a person who stole my identity.
I was fighting identity theft, (why anyone would want to be me I don't know).
However, after receiving the millionth- 419 letter, I decided to play ( bait )- and I gave my identity thief's information. She / he received the correspondence at the last known address I had for them while I kept baiting via email - she must have thought she won the lottery, about 6 months later into the theft investigation my alter ego ceased to exist.

Sweet Sweet Sweet revenge. Glad to be here- I look to bait much more efficiently now with all your help!
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome. I'm not sure if I missed it, but you said you had a question?

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer: Only sometimes.

Oh, and welcome Wink !!

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
holy_child
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My question is tracing the ip's- can't they track our Ip's to find the location? I have a dynamic IP address however, when I have traced it I can find a very close location.
Thanks
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should find this thread http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117865 may answer all your IP related questions.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a lot of discussion on the subject of IP's and, whilst the general opinion is that, unless you happen to be using an IP that identifies exactly where you are (and some of the smaller ISP's and some company IT systems offer services that do exactly that), there is no real risk.

Bear in mind that you may see how close your IP trace is to where you live, but any lad you contact would have no other details of your RL (assuming you are baiting safe). So even if he knew the area where you are, how would he proceed? Knocking door-to-door asking for holy_child? Very Happy

If you are uncomfortable with what you see when you investigate your own IP, you can just make sure you use IP-stripping emails like gmail, fastmail, BigString or Hushmail (and there are probably others). Or you could use a proxy.

[Edit - too much typing leaves the door open for OD Smile ]

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can also read up on all of the questions you will have in a few days by reading THIS

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic