SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Collection Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MAD
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Received a letter from a collection agency saying they were collecting a debt for some place i had ever heard of (First twig) from 2004. Called them and they said I wanted info on who said I owed this debt. They gave me the name of someone, a PO Box (my second twig), they did not have a phone number for the person (3), it was in a town I had never been too (4).

Looked up the business in the town and called the number, it had been disconnected. Looked up the name they gave in that ton and called his home number. He called me back explaining he had been out of business since 2003 an someone else had contacted him because of this. But he did not know what to do.

I faxed him the letter I got and told him to go to the sheriff with it today. I am getting ready to ream the Collection services, call my lawyer and call the attorney general of my state.

The amount was not an unreasonable amount and I could see people (due to the language of the letter) just paying it. Unfortunately I can be an SOB when lied to and/or about even over a nickel.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

I'll keep this updated as I slowly start ripping this thing apart.

Katya(Wow) = "today I shall go to the to parents, and I shall be come back tomorrow,
I shall remain probably with them for some days."

Chelsea on IM - YOU WILL COME BACK TO MEET THE P33 IN YOUR INBOX VERY SLOW

Ira - My heart beats like a Vulcan when I read your letters.
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems you've got a good start on dealing with it by contacting the 'supposed' originator of the claim.

I'd suggest (if you haven't already)reviewing the your credit record at Experian and the other two (can't remember their names off hand). Those things tend to end up being batched and resold over and over even when false. (have 1 going on now for over 7 years Evil or Very Mad ) I wouldn't however say why to the credit report companies, unless it shows on them. Reason is because they will likely make some sort of entry then.

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic