SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

US universities sending out rejectes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my nephew is applying for US universities, and he has been rejected from quite a few of them....

can anyone please shed more light on this issue ? if you what the transscripts and statement of purpose link ( all the unis, need an online copy now a days it seems ) just PM me and i will send it to you

is there is something about US universities not accepting foreign students or something like that ?
BoogiepopGirl
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a large volume of foreign students in the United States; I've befriended quite a few when I was in college. Heck, I liked one of the students so much I married them. Wink

I would honestly recommend that he call the admissions departments at the universities he has applied to and been rejected from to ask them for specific details on why he has been rejected. Have him talk to an adviser, who should be able to give him some ideas on what to do to improve his chances.

Tell him not to give up, that is the most important thing - there are plenty of students here in the United States who get a lot of college rejection letters before getting accepted, too.

I don't know what country your nephew is from, but I don't think it has anything to do with his rejection - my friend works at a college, and recently hired an Iranian student as a tutor.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This reminds me of an issue that happened to me when I was applying to schools. Texas A and M sent me the foreign student application many times and required that I take the Test of English as a Foreign Language. After the third time, I could tell that it was not a simple mistake but something else was happening.

Top schools have always been selective. What they are selecting for is their game. I was bicycling with a mom and discussing admissions at Stanford Jr. University this afternoon. I predicted that a high school senior that we know, a National Merit Finalist, 4.65 GPA, 2400 SAT, Boeing Aircraft intern, and Key Club president would not be accepted to Stanford. I was right but the odds are with me. There are many more rejections than acceptances. The school I went to had over 6 thousand applications for a little over 200 spots. Talk about advance fee fraud? They let 800 people every year go onto a waiting list for $65 on top of their application fee. For the last 5 years they have taken no one from the waiting list. I bet a person's chances are better with Concepts College.

Many foreign students start out at the Community College level and transfer out. It actually works out much cheaper for their families. I know its not as prestigious as UPenn, Harvard, Yale or Texas A and M but what the hey, if they work hard they can move on up the ladder.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree go to the universities Webpage and check out what is needed for a forigen student. He/she may already need a student visa before applying?

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can take a look at his personal statement if you want. I've sat on the admissions committee at one of the universities here in the US. I've read LOTS of personal statements and can give constructive feedback to let him know how to word it the way that the people on the committee I was on expected.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks Eliza, you have a PM
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic