SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

we do a good work ( congrats to us :-) )

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheKnightWhoSaysNi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

today i have received a warning from an other baiter that one of my lads is a scammer. of course i was shocked, how can someone insult this poor cancer dying lady Shocked

i am glad to see that our work is not useless, and that victims are really being warned, and lads tortured. i try to warn potential victims too, when i get to their addresses from time to time.

this email gave me new energy for baiting this morning, which i really needed as we moved to the crappy "summer time" and they stole my one hour of sleeping.

"Would you run a race with a cheater ?" Jo3l Akumi4h
"You are refusing to think and that is what disturbs me." Jo3l Akumi4h
"I have mastered it all by being a victim." Jo3l Akumi4h
chevyk10darlin
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have received warnings from people before as well... whether they were baiters or just good-hearted people with common sense, i don't know, but I'm glad that the knowledge is spreading.
Yousa_Sakashite
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this one today, but I am not sure how to take it. Some of the information in it looks fishy, but most of it looks legit. It was sent to an account I am using to bait a check scammer and it used the name of the check scammer in the Subject Line.

Quote:
We are a group of citizens who work to prevent fraud artists from operating on the internet. We have information from our informants in the scammer's community that a known scam artist has targeted you for theft of your money.

Please understand that the transaction he proposes is not genuine. We are certain he is trying to scam you. The version of the scam differs, but in short, someone has contacted you on the internet with a story about a payment representative job, an item for sale, millions of dollars in some other country, or even a romantic involvement, and is providing you with a fake check to cash and wire him some money. This fake check may be deposited in your bank account without your knowledge, and you will be told it was wired to you.

In reality, even though your bank may pay you for the check, or even tell you it "cleared," they will discover in a matter of days or weeks that the checks is false, and come back after YOU for the entire amount. This is a common scam which has cost people millions of dollars. He is trying this scam on dozens of people at the same time. Some information regarding these scams can be found at:

Fakechecks.org

http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/moneymule_explained.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/fake_check_scams.html

http://www.nclnet.org/publications/fakechecks.pdf#search='fake%20check%20scams '

http://www.fraud.org/toolbox/tips/english/fakechecks.htm

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumerawareness/a/fakechecks.htm

http://london.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

We ask that you take the following action in response to this warning.

1. Please do not inform the scammer of this communication. If the scammer was aware that our informants gave us this information, their lives would be in danger. {This looks fishy to me.}2. If you believed the transaction to be genuine, please stop all communicaiton with the scammer immediately. Do not try to retaliate against the scammer, because he may have your personal information, and doing so would alert him to our informants.
3. If you have given any private banking information or credit card numbers to this person, take action to close these accounts and have fraud watches put on your credit reports. More info can be found here:

www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/idtheft.html

4. If you were baiting the scammer knowing that the transaction was false, we will not interfere with your fun. Let us know if there is any information we can provide. However, please make sure that at NO time do you tell him that you received this warning.

5. Please respond to this email when you can, so that we know you have received this warning.

If you have any further questions regarding this warning or the scam, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

B1ll B3ll0

Unless by informants, they mean fellow baiters. And unless they are not baiting safe, their lives should NOT be in danger.

Thoughts?

IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOUR BETTER GO AND MAKE THE SUM OF $8,000 TO THIS ACCOUNT AM GIVEN YOU BEFORE I CHARGE MY MIND.
- St3v3n B0n3 (a.k.a. Fr0sty the 1ceM@n)

LAST WARNING, OR YOU WILL BE NAIL AND ROUTE IN HELL WITH NOTHING BUT WITH MY GUN. - W1ll1@m B1lly a.k.a. Fr0sty the 1ceM@n

I want you to go back to the Western Union and collect your money
back, because i dont have any time to play any damn Game.. am not a
moron because i want to receive money from someone are should play
game which kind nonsense is that - V1ctor W1ll1ams after 14 hours of MTCN S3cur3
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have been contacted by a legitimate scam warner. Just send a polite reply that you are baiting the scammer.

This comes up from time to time, a quick forum search will lead to previous threads where this has been discussed in great detail.

Note that right under the 419Eater menu above there is a link to scamwarners.com. Check it out!

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21

Last edited by Saint Arnold on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
chevyk10darlin
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i dunno, that sounds really fishy... and obviously they are more worried about covering their own butts rather than helping the potential victims....

EDIT: I stand corrected, by multiple people lol

Last edited by chevyk10darlin on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yousa_Sakashite
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Krona.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOUR BETTER GO AND MAKE THE SUM OF $8,000 TO THIS ACCOUNT AM GIVEN YOU BEFORE I CHARGE MY MIND.
- St3v3n B0n3 (a.k.a. Fr0sty the 1ceM@n)

LAST WARNING, OR YOU WILL BE NAIL AND ROUTE IN HELL WITH NOTHING BUT WITH MY GUN. - W1ll1@m B1lly a.k.a. Fr0sty the 1ceM@n

I want you to go back to the Western Union and collect your money
back, because i dont have any time to play any damn Game.. am not a
moron because i want to receive money from someone are should play
game which kind nonsense is that - V1ctor W1ll1ams after 14 hours of MTCN S3cur3
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chevyk10darlin wrote:
i dunno, that sounds really fishy... and obviously they are more worried about covering their own butts rather than helping the potential victims....

There is nothing fishy about this at all. Warnings like these are somewhat common. I get a lot of them. Just accept it for what it is.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@chevy, it is a real warning. If anyone ever gets one of these just respond, Thank you, I'm a baiter.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree rondus just thank them, and let them know your a brother in arms

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought it might save some time to just post this link.

edit: to fix a stupid cut and paste error
edit again: for a stoopid speling eror

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21

Last edited by Saint Arnold on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

while they have no clue where you are in the story and what the scammer knows about you, they keep it very general and a bit threatening so you think twice.
Have you seen that video of Dr. Phil on U tube ? That woman was told what was going on and still believed he was for real.
It's hard to warn a victim and they are trying the best they can.
If you can write a better one for warning a real victim of any scam, please go ahead, they will appreciate it.

Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheKnightWhoSaysNi wrote:
i try to warn potential victims too, when i get to their addresses from time to time.

It would be better, if you get information like this, to send it to a Moderator here, as they can handle the information better than any of us can.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If the scammer was aware that our informants gave us this information, their lives would be in danger. {This looks fishy to me.}

We had a member here a while back who was from Nigeria, worked in a bank, and came across very anti-419.

He had a couple of storeis about friends who knew scammers, and reported such activities to police and other organizations.

I would take it as real, especially as it costs me nothing to believe the organizatrion doing the warning (they aren't asking for $$$).

Cool

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should take it as some kind of compliment. It shows your acting as a victim is convincing Smile but you are none, so write "Thank you, I am a baiter.". After all, you are anonymous anyway - that�s what "baiting safe" means.

This is what I can remember from a very similar email one of my baiting characters once received. I made a forum thread here myself then because I did not understand a few things and thought he was a recovery scammer or testing whether I was baiting him Embarassed

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic