SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Egg McMuffin inventor dies

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh gosh this ages me. I remember when the egg McMuffin first came out I was in college and we did a 70 mile one way road trip to get one. Of course we had been drinking the night before and had to wait 2 hours for McDonald's to open up before we could get one. Then on the trip back there was a rain storm and my girlfriend told me to turn to FM on the radio so we wouldn't get any static. I couldn't because I only had AM on the radio. FM was new to that part of the USA also. Laughing

Quote:
Egg McMuffin inventor dies at 89

By DENISE PETSKI, Associated Press Writer

Herb Peterson, who invented the ubiquitous Egg McMuffin as a way to introduce breakfast to McDonald's restaurants, has died, a Southern California McDonald's official said Wednesday. He was 89.

Peterson died peacefully Tuesday at his Santa Barbara home, said Monte Fraker, vice president of operations for McDonald's restaurants in that city.

He began his career with McDonald's Corp. as vice president of the company's advertising firm, D'Arcy Advertising, in Chicago. He wrote McDonald's first national advertising slogan, "Where Quality Starts Fresh Every Day."

Peterson eventually became a franchisee and was currently co-owner and operator of six McDonald's restaurants in Santa Barbara and Goleta, Fraker said.

Peterson came up with idea for the signature McDonald's breakfast item in 1972. He "was very partial to eggs Benedict," Fraker said, and worked on creating something similar.

The egg sandwich consisted of an egg that had been formed in a Teflon circle with the yolk broken, topped with a slice of cheese and grilled Canadian bacon. It was served open-faced on a toasted and buttered English muffin.

The Egg McMuffin made its debut at a restaurant in Santa Barbara that Peterson co-owned with his son, David Peterson.

Fraker said that, although semiretired, Peterson still visited all six of his stores in the Santa Barbara area until last year when his health began to deteriorate.

"He would talk to the customers, visit with the employees. He loved McDonald's," Fraker said.

Fraker, who said he worked with Peterson for 30 years, said "he was amazing as far as giving back to the community."

"He embraced the community and the community embraced him," Fraker said. "We loved the man."

Peterson is survived by his wife, son and three daughters.

A public memorial service will be held April 23 at All Saints by the Sea church in Montecito.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
chevyk10darlin
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nooooooo, not the mcmuffin guy! egg mcmuffins will never be the same... Crying or Very sad
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im flying a hash brown at half mast in rememberance of him Crying or Very sad

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just sometimes the yawning culture gap between the USA and the UK becomes starkly apparent.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im very well cultured... it just i like the simple things in life too. I love the theatre but I also love sitcoms on the "tellie" I love fine dining ( I use to be a chef at one the the best restaurants in Milwaukee) But theres nothing better that going to a rib shack and having a rack.

Closed lad accounts x3
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did he die of a massive heart attack?

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, I didn't mean to say you were uncultured, rather that our cultures are different. The idea of even knowing who invented the egg McMuffin seems totally alien to me. I'm reasonably confident that we do not know who invented Chicken Tika Massala or Balti, or the first manic to fry a Mars Bar.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ever try a deep fried twinkie? AWSOME

Closed lad accounts x3
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to say you were uncultured, rather that our cultures are different. The idea of even knowing who invented the egg McMuffin seems totally alien to me. I'm reasonably confident that we do not know who invented Chicken Tika Massala or Balti, or the first manic to fry a Mars Bar.

Quote:
The first report of battered Mars bars being up for sale appeared in the Scottish Daily Record in August 1995.

I had to research this for a library patron once before. We were not able to find who invented frying a Mars Bar but do know about the above date. At the Texas State Fair in Dallas it is a yearly contest to see what new thing they can fry. Nachos first debuted at this state fair. American's love to keep track of "firsts" that is why it is a big cultural thing when the person involved dies. It's like we all remember what we were doing when we first tried the item. Silly I know but that's the way we are. Laughing

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
The Dancing Banana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad, but i don't even eat that mc muffin stuff, i like corn dogs best, mc muffin sounds like a real bad mceeing name though Cool
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chibuike wrote:
It's like we all remember what we were doing when we first tried the item. Silly I know but that's the way we are. Laughing

For me it was on a road trip right after finals to see a parent of my college sweetheart. In Herb's honor I just ate a Kirkland frozen knockoff. Its called a Premium English Muffin Sandwich. Not quite the same.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
LovePump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got your deepfied corndog hanging/
sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in 1st grade when the Big Mac came out. Anyone remember when they had the anniversary sale and sold hamburgers for a nickel? We loaded up and froze them. I didn't realize how poor we were 'till I got out of high school.
Now I have an inheritance, I just need to get it out of several scary countries.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic