SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ATM gives shoppers double-money windfall

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ATM gives shoppers double-money windfall

Thu Mar 20, 1:40 PM ET

A cash machine became a big hit this week after it started paying out twice as much money as it should.

The ATM, outside a supermarket in Hull, began spewing out double the money on Tuesday afternoon and continued doing so for several hours, drawing a crowd of hundreds eager to cash in on the mistake.

Those requesting the maximum daily withdrawal of 300 pounds were being given 600 pounds and a receipt for 300.

"People were calling their mates up and telling them to get down there," the Hull Daily Mail quoted a passer-by as saying.

After several hours the machine finally ran out of money.

Payzone, a company that administers ATMs, would not comment in detail on the incident but said it appeared one of its machines had malfunctioned.

Police said those who had benefited could face charges but only if the operator complained.

(Reporting by Luke Baker; Editing by Ibon Villelabeitia)

clapping

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Yippee! My home town! City Of (Shit) Culture 2008.

Needless to say, I don't live there anymore because it's full of fifteen year old sausage roll eating, pram pushing, adidas Chavs and stoned hoodie muppets riding stolen push bikes on the pavement and flogging knocked off dvds in crappy 2 for 1 pubs</end of rant>

http://tinyurl.com/yvu6pz

Apparently, the ATM was loaded with the wrong denomination notes. Very Happy

Hopefully, these hoodie muppets spent their ill gotten gains on some particularly refreshing strong lager and choked to death on their own vomit. Sadly, no such luck. Crying or Very sad

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A variation of this is actually a security case study.

Many ATM companies, employed by banks, would leave the admin passcode at the default. So crooks were googling the manuals for the model of ATM and then entering the default passcode. At which point, armed with the manual, they would set the default denomination to the lowest note value they could.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happened at a place where I used to work. Someone loaded the �10 cassette with �20's. Machine got shut down after a few hours when someone noticed 'unusually high activity'. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In Texas they just tie a chain around the ATM machine and to their truck and drive away with it. Easy peasy. That machine wouldn't have lasted long over here. Laughing

chevyk10darlin
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ hmm, that's an idea... there's a ATM up the street, and i have a heavy chain and a diamond plated steel bumper, hmmmmmm Twisted Evil party at my place! lol (gotta love us Texans! so devious!)
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Which is all well and good, until they drive away and leave their license plate lying in the parking lot Wink

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

aw crap, i thought i heard somethin fall off my truck last night.... damn, i'm screwed... who's gonna come visit me in jail? Laughing
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The same thing happened to me a few years back. I of course, let the grocery store where the ATM was located know about it, and called the company number. Guess that makes me an honest, stupid git! Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to be slapped slap but i admire your honisty

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's an apocryphal tale that someone stole an ATM with a JCB. They just dug it out of the wall and made off with it.

Unfortunately for them, as getaway vehicles go, JCBs are not the fastest.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Uh, JCB?
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo holds back from expressing his true feeling and wrote:
Needless to say, I don't live there anymore because it's full of fifteen year old sausage roll eating, pram pushing, adidas Chavs and stoned hoodie muppets riding stolen push bikes on the pavement and flogging knocked off dvds in crappy 2 for 1 pubs</end of rant>

Hahahaha^^^^^

On topic, I had a friend who stole a pay phone in high school and some how hooked it up in his house so he could make paid phone calls. Not sure how it worked, though....

He lived in Staten Island, and near where he lived a front end loader rammed a wall and took the whole machine and dumped it into a dup truck... or something. This was in the papers 25 years ago.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was afraid that would happen. It does Google, but what do the yanks call one of these?

I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14

dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Front end loader Very Happy

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Big Yellow Thing. Laughing
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My kids used to call them juicy bees

The ATM round here seems to be trying to even the balance.
Its not giving out the moneybut still debiting the accounts- allegedly.
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Generally, Americans in the west (an area bounded by California, Oregon, and Washington on the Pacific coast and Montana, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona - and perhaps New Mexico on the east) call it a BACKHOE. We don't actually differentiate backhoes with and without front loader/scraper blades from backhoes without.

What nomenclature is common in the rest of the country is anybody's guess; I worked construction only in the western US.

Backhoes are terribly useful, and seem to enjoy hanging around graveyards. They are seemingly simple to operate with only a few minutes' instruction - until they decide to tip over, sink, or get stuck.

This from Wikipedia, thus explaining the JCB business:

"The backhoe loader was invented in the UK in 1953 by Joseph Cyril Bamford, founder of J. C. Bamford (JCB), by equipping a farm tractor with both a backhoe and a front-mounted loading bucket."
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have twice had instances when the ATM failed to pay out. The first occasion was the eve before a 1000klm drive home after being away working for 6 months. I was getting money to finalise rent, fill the car with fuel etc.
Lucky I was able to draw more in the morning. To top it off the ink in the receipt printer was out. Tried to redraw and I had exceeded daily allowance Sad Second time was only a local machine and not a lot of money however both instances took over a week to resolve as they have to wait till the machine is balanced next to look for discrepancies.

I know some guys who turned up to decommission an atm and found the door open as expected however the guards had forgotten to remove the $250K Smile

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember the time I drove up to an ATM and withdrew money. It took forever for the money to come out. While I was waiting I was cursing a blue streak. Finally the money came out and I politely said "Thank You". Then I hear this man's voice say "You're welcome". Because of a hedge next to the ATM I didn't see the repairman's truck there. He heard every cuss word I knew. Embarassed

packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Laughing I would have loved to see that one.

Closed lad accounts x3
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

atms <shakes head>

i`ve had problems with one bank. a few years ago my card got chewed. i went into the branch, and they said`we`ve called you in for a chat` i asked for my card back, (they chewed it so i`d come into the branch). they tried to get me to get out a credit card. i said no i didnt need one.

then they wouldnt allow me to have my debit / cashpoint card unless i got a credit card out with them. (i pleaded they couldnt do this.. but they did!)
i said yes (foolishly thinking i`ll cancel it after 1 day. just to get my debit card back.. Shocked )

after i got both cards, they cancelled the debit card again after a couple of days...

i went into the branch again and complained. all i got was..
"youve got a credit card now -use it !! "

i didnt even have a cheque book either! i was well screwed!
i cancelled everything after!
-what bank was this? the one who joined with lloyds- to form LLoyds-T*B

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few years ago there was a series of incidents, where ATMs got blown up in Austria and Italy. Yes, you heard it right...blown up...they filled them with gas and then ignited it and blew the ATMs into pieces to get to the money. Didn�t work all the time, but alltogether they caused a damage of 850.000� and stole about 350.000� by blowing up about 25 ATMs in Austria and Italy.
Here are some pictures of the ATM: (article in german).
http://oesterreich.orf.at/kaernten/stories/43478/

They were caught later on btw and sentenced to 6 and 7 yrs. of jail.

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you say BOOM! Shocked

Closed lad accounts x3
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off."

Cellphone x14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic