SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

You have been scammed scam..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MarinaCora
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got this one yesterday. I think Im going to have alot of fun with this one.

新しいメールアドレスをお知らせします

新しいメールアドレス: [email protected]

REF/PAYMENTS CODE:06654

This is to inform you that we have verified your payment,Nigerian 419 scam practiotioners where Arested,your name has been shortlisted and approved for this payment as one of the 419 scam victims,get back to me immedately

Yours faithfully,

Dr.John Odey

- ministry of information
beldav
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got that one today let me know how it turns out.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a standard recovery scam. It's not as common as the lottery or the widow/orphan/next-o-kin, but still pretty popular with the lads. Often they'll claim they're from the UN, and they play out just like any 419.

I like to start out by insisting that there's been some mistake, since I've never been scammed in my life except by a girl who sold me 2 grams of baby powder in a public bathroom one time. Only once has a lad ever asked me about the baby powder.
sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually make them agree that instead of the $500,000.00 they want to pay me I will only get what has been taken from me, 6 payments of $1750.00 each. We usually go back and forth 2 or 3 times before they understand. It sure sets the hook for making them think I've been had before.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm having problems translating this particular pidgin dialect. I need some help on the 新しいメールアドレスをお知らせします bit ..

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Stacked Deck
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It just says something like new email address, You can Google it, it seems to be a big deal on new scam letters,can You believe that? Wink

" Announcements new e-mail address.

新しいメールアドレス: [email protected] New e-mail address: [email protected] "

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sellingrich wrote:
I usually make them agree that instead of the $500,000.00 they want to pay me I will only get what has been taken from me... It sure sets the hook for making them think I've been had before.

About a year ago I got a money recovery letter and a little way in threw them for a loop by telling them to forget the compensation and concentrate on prosecuting the crooks they said they'd caught.

http://www.scamorama.com/malcolm_reynolds_bello.html

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The strange characters are just saying something like "this is my new email address." Yahoo has a really useful feature; when you open a new account you can have it email all your friends to tell them your new address. The scammers purposely open an account in a language the victims wont know and have Yahoo do their spamming for them.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
MarinaCora
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first email...
Quote:
新しいメールアドレス: [email protected]

This is to inform you that we have verified your payment,Nigerian 419 scam practiotioners where Arested,your name has been shortlisted and approved for this payment as one of the 419 scam victims,get back to me immedately

Yours faithfully,

Dr.John Odey

- ministry of information

My first Reply...
Quote:
Dr Odey,
Thanks for finally clearing this bull shit up, I lost over $15,000 to those f!@#$%^ s!@# head scam artists. I want my money back right now. Give me the f!@#$%^ check already.

Otto B. Kilt

His reply...
Quote:
SCAMMED VICTIM/100 BENEFICIARY.
This is to bring to your notice that I am delegated from the United Nations
to Central bank of Nigeria to pay
100 Nigerian 419 scam victims $1 Million, you are listed and approved for
this payments as one of the scam victims,
On this faithful recommendation,I want you to know that during the last UN
meetings held at Abuja,Nigeria,it was alarmed so much by the rest of the
world in the meeting, on the lose of funds by various foreigners to the
scam artists, operating in syndicates all over the world today,in order to
retain the good image of the country,the new president of this country is now paying
100 victims of this operators $1 Million USD.Due to the corrupt and
inefficient banking system in Nigeria,the payments are to be paid by Central
bank of Nigeria, as
corresponding paying bank under funding assistance by all its affiliate Banks in Countries
under United Nations.
and your name were forward by UN.
Your particulars were gotten from one of the syndicates who was arrested
. For more vital information,please visit:
http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/news1jul.htm
You can receive your compensation payment via either of the both
options you choose,ATM-VISA CARD PAYMENTS or WIRE
TRANSFER,
NOTE:IF you want wire tranfer pls indicate and i will send you your form to fill and send
it to me and if you want ATM VISA CARD PLS FILL THIS INFORMATION as follows,
1. Your full name
2. Phone and fax number
3. Your Address
4. Your age and current occupation
5. Copy of your identity contact person
I shall feed you with further modalities as soon as I hear from you.
Yours faithfully,
Dr.John Odey.
Minister of Information.
Fed Rep.of Nigeria

damn those goat F*&#$@#....
Quote:
Dr. Oday,
Its about friggin time. I want my money back right now. I dont give a rats ass about your millions, I just want my $15,000 dollars back plus interest. Can you make that happen. just write me a check and mail it off. I just want my $15,000 dollars BACK, *** ** ** ** 419 Nigerian goat f!@#$%^& scamsters.

Otto B. Kilt

Still sticking with the script...
Quote:
For more vital information,please visit:
http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/news1jul.htm
You can receive your compensation payment via either of the both
options you choose,ATM-VISA CARD PAYMENTS or WIRE
TRANSFER,

NOTE:IF you want wire tranfer pls fill the form and send it to

me and if you want ATM VISA CARD PLS FILL THIS INFORMATION as
follows,
1. Your full name
2. Phone and fax number
3. Your Address
4. Your age and current occupation
5. Copy of your identity contact person
I shall feed you with further modalities as soon as I hear from
you.
Yours faithfully,
Dr.John Odey.
Minister of Information.

Fed Rep.of Nigeria.

Trying to get him off script...
Quote:
Dude, I dont know who the hell you are. I want some proof that you are a doctor and that you work for the Ministry of Information. I also want the list of the other 99 scam victims with contact information I can verify that they realy were scammed. Im not going to do a wire transfer because that is how I lost my $15,000 dollars before. I will only accept a bank transfer. give me my f!@#$%^& money NOW!
Otto B, Kilt

Ok mr. minister, explain what a modality is!
Quote:
What the f!@# is a "modality" anyway.

He doesnt like my mouth, do I need some soap?
Quote:
Dear friend,
How are you doing I don�t really know what is wrong with you,
the way you talk to on your mail is very bad .don�t you know
that you that you are talking to a minister .listing if you
don�t want to receive your money that�s for you. Will are not
pleading anybody. So you mind the way you talk to me. Send the
information below that I send you in your last mail. Get back to
me.

Dr John odey

But he sends his info anyway...

Quote:
Sending you information of those that have receive there
payment is against the rule .what I can only send you is the
people that chose ATM VISA CARD there tracking number of there
DHL .check DHL online.this those that have receive there payment
via atm .this is the delivery number.
(1) Another one is DENNIS BREGAR (AMERICAN) DHL TRACKIN NUMBER
(4692372742 ).A Recent delivery.
(2) DANIELLE CHANEL THOMAS (AMERICAN) DHL TRACKIN
NUMBER(1747997506 ).A scan copy of his ATM CARD is also attached
for your perusal.
that is the only info I can give you am sorry.

Dr john odey

As for my mouth...
Quote:
Listen buddy! I don't give a rip who you are. You could be another scam artist for all I know. As a matter of fact, I remember the guy who scammed me was a minister. So don't go telling me to clean my f!@#$%^& mouth up. All I want is my money back, do you understand that! I'm very pissed off and I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PISSED. Those clowns duped me out of $15,000 dollars. I took that money out of my 401K. I have an Idea, don't you ever ever take that condescending holier than thou, tone with me again. Remember who was scammed here. Further more, why do I need to fill out more forms, shouldnt you have my information on that list you told me about in previous emails? You still havnt told me what a "modality" is, plain english here bro!

Otto
P.S. I think an appology is in order

It appears that the ID hasnt been signed. I think I need a different type of ID, maybe a sig along with a handwritten appology letter.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No signature on the ID? Great.

One of the things we do here is to make scammers worse at what they do. When you point out that their ID is rubbish, all you're doing is getting them to make better ID with the signature on it next time.

Always accept appalling ID. Slap for good ID.

Also I find that aggression will only work for 5 or 6 emails, he'll have had enough of you soon. I won't dictate to you how you should bait, but what I will say is that from my experience, a bit of apparent compliance now and then may well make your bait ten times longer.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
MarinaCora
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey thanx Mugatu,
It should be easy to switch gears from angry to help me please ill do anything to get my money back.

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Yup, just "apologize" saying that you were so frustrated and need the money to... (fill in what ever you want).

They like it when they think they are directing you.

Strange that their "ears" ase so sensitive... Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
paula.hamilton
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You found a Chinese Scammer; my suggestions would be keeping bating him, also I suggest you to read this link about your scammer:

http: // www. scame mail. co. uk/ 2007/ 07/ page/ 7/
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those aren't strange characters, they're Japanese Smile

And yes, they do say "new mail address".

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
MarinaCora
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

he twigged. I guess I was a little hard on him. Now I know not to be mean right off the bat. Thanks for all the advice.

Quote:

MINISTRY OF INFORMATION

dateWed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:14 AM
subjectRe: SCAMMED VICTIM/100 BENEFICIARY

hide details 10:14 AM (12 minutes ago) Reply

am sorry am going on leave today till next two weeks.have a nice
day.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, try a more concilliatory tone. Something like:

Quote:
Sorry Mr Minister, I was really upset about losing my $15,000. I suppose you can understand how I feel.

I've just sold the house my mother left us 3 kids when she died, and I took the money I sent the scammers out of the $410,000 I got from that sale. Now I have to split the $410 thousand between my two brothers and I, so I'll have to give them $5,000 each out of my own pocket.

Please update me on your efforts to apprehend these low life scum when you return from your holiday.

That way you're soothing his suspicions, and letting him know he has a live victim with lots of money in the bank. Bet he comes home from vacation early!

Later of course, your brothers could steal your inheritance, or you could invest it in Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia and lose it in the memorabilia crash of '08, or have it confiscated by the federal authorities as the proceeds of drug running because you've been caught with 900 lbs of "baby powder" in your house.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
am sorry am going on leave today till next two weeks.have a nice
day.
Is totally bluffing and wants to hear from you right away! Very Happy

In my meager experience, when lads twig they just plain disappear. Sending you a message SAYING he's leaving is just more smoke and mirrors. Lads might be married to their scripts, but they're not dumb. This guy is trying to regain control, thinking he'll give you the silent treatment for a while to get you to come around to his way of thinking.
LovePump

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If a lad is typing hes lying. Demand that he answer you every day.
MarinaCora
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent a couple im sorry, ill do anything emails and he hasnt responded back.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About the phoney ID's being so crappy. I have seen the ones that are sent me so far. Eeeek! I am just a novice with Photoshop/Gimp, but what a joke! Such an obviouse forgery! They cut and pasted the background of the passport right onto the blank part of the page. You would think a child did this work (perhaps one did, these could after all be children working in sordid back rooms working without pay for all I know.)
HANS MOLEMAN
Master of Master Baiters

Location: Halfway between the stubble jumpers and the big rocks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nighthawk. Yes most of them are amateurish and a lot end up in here the Hall of Shame http://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm but some victims are still fooled by them, regardless of how bad they look. Some people look at what they deem an official looking document and that's good enough for them. That's why as far as we and the lads are concerned, the passports and official documents they send to us are, for all intended purposes, "genuine". We don't want to point out the mistakes to the lads so they can improve on them.

But you already knew that.... Wink

"what is going on is that soon i am going to kill you , because you eat my money " - Malaysian hitlad

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You know, I've seen passports and drivers licences from many different countries (no names mentioned) and I would have to say that comparatively the lads' attempts aren't that bad. Well... they are pretty bad, but so are a lot of nations' official documents.

Fortunately, if you do end up pointing out to a mugu that his ID looks like it was done by Ray Charles, he'll usually just explain that his country is not as advanced as yours. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic